Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Music-All information provided here

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I haven't had any problems with playlists. Library syncing is sometimes slow, but that's typical iCloud behaviour. The contextual menus are a very cluttered but have been tidied up a lot in the latest iOS 9 beta.

I think a lot of issues people are reporting is due to iCloud Music Library not enabling for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 I should coco!

Seems I may have spoken too soon before.

Was just trying to add songs to a playlist, it said they'd been added, but when I went into the playlist to play it, only one of the songs was there - the one I'd created the playlist with.

I could see them then in iTunes and tried syncing, but to no avail.

Back to Spotify for running!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

Has anyone noticed some songs in playlists are greyed out and aren't played?

oh and it made a mess of my library :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well! Having previously stated I've no issues, I've just ran in a cluster**** of them today with iTunes.
    Added songs all greys out and stuff. Deleted iTunes and reinstalled and it worked then.
    Seems fine now apart from old iTunes downloads I've deleted showing back ill have to comb through it now and redelete them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Spotify's new Discover Weekly playlists are incredible, seem to know my musical tastes better than I do myself. Don't think I'll bother with Apple Music after all...:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Spotify's new Discover Weekly playlists are incredible, seem to know my musical tastes better than I do myself. Don't think I'll bother with Apple Music after all...:P

Aye. Both are gonna be good for competition. I would say Spotify got a shock at the cancellation numbers that day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Not really relevant but just something I've been wondering.

I wonder how much (if any) of the monthly €$£9.99 sub goes into the pockets of those Beats1 DJs? I'm sure they get a sizeable pay anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Niemoj wrote: »

I wonder how much (if any) of the monthly €$£9.99 sub goes into the pockets of those Beats1 DJs? I'm sure they get a sizeable pay anyway.

Doubt it's anything. Beats 1 is available to everyone, not just subscribers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Beats 1 and its DJs are funded from ads, sponsor mentions and I guess whatever Apple has left after they've paid the music labels, who get 71-73 percent of the revenue from subscriptions.

They are all on the Apple payroll. It'll be like asking how much of that 9.99 goes to Tim, Jony, Eddie, Angela and so forth.

I'm sure you can work it out, but you get my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Beats 1 doesn't require a subscription to Apple Music so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Beats 1 doesn't require a subscription to Apple Music so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

I said it wasn't relevant, just something I was wondering.

And on the upcoming Android app a subscription is required in order to play Beats1.

I said it wasn't relevant, just something I was wondering.

And on the upcoming Android app a subscription is required in order to play Beats1.

First I've heard of this. It's free to listen to via iTunes so I see no reason why it wouldn't be free on Android as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

First I've heard of this. It's free to listen to via iTunes so I see no reason why it wouldn't be free on Android as well.

From The Verge:
    Where Apple Music users on Apple devices can listen free to radio stations such as BeatsOne with limited skips, Android users of the service have no free tier, and must be paid subscribers to listen to music.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/8/8747045/apple-music-android-release-date-wwdc-2015

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Worst app update ever! I am tearing my hair out over this new apple music app, awful! It would be fantastic if apple would give users the option to roll back to the previous music app or at least drastically improve the functionality of the new music app. Regret updating to ios 8.4 now..

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Worst app update ever! I am tearing my hair out over this new apple music app, awful! It would be fantastic if apple would give users the option to roll back to the previous music app or at least drastically improve the functionality of the new music app. Regret updating to ios 8.4 now..

Just turn off "Show Apple Music" and "iCloud Music Library".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

about time

Apple this week appears to have started uploading full “replays” of Beats 1 shows to its Connect social network. Apple Music hosts including Zane Lowe, Julie Adenuga, and Ebro Darden have all shared full, unedited replays of their shows on their respective Connect pages over the past two days.

This process appears to have started yesterday, without any official announcement by Apple. Prior to uploading full replays, each host would share a playlist with every song that was played during their show. Interviews were also often made available after the fact, as was Zane Lowe’s daily “World Record.” In other cases, however, shows hosted by talent such as Pharrell and Joshua Homme have been uploaded to Apple Music Connect in full following their airing since the beginning.

Replays have long been a called for addition to Apple Music’s Connect social network, so it’s nice to see that Apple is listening and paying attention to requests from users. It’s odd that, with Lowe, Adenuga, and Darden being the three flagship hosts on Beats 1, replays weren’t previously available, but it’s likely that Apple saw the playlists as an adequate replacement. Replays of shows hosted by other Beats 1 personalities like Travis Mills and Brooke Reese are not available yet, however.

You can listen to replays for Beats 1 shows on Apple Music Connect now.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/08/04/beats-1-replays/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I honestly think at this stage iTunes needs to be redesigned from the ground up.

It's starting to remind me of Microsoft Office : old, layered on features.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Palofmine

I've been using apple music for a while now and really like it, but I've got a problem now.
    I tried to add some music (a ripped CD) from iTunes and it wouldn't let me - told me to turn off iCloud music library. I did this and could add music, but now i can't stream any music off apple music - it asks me to sign up for apple music again.

I don't subscribe to iTunes Match.

Is there a way of being able to add music from itunes to my iphone, and also being able to stream from apple music?

Sorry if this has already been asked - I went back a few pages and didn't directly see this problem.

Thanks,

Palofmine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Unfortunately for some silly reason (probably licensing) Apple wont let you stream your own music with Apple Music, you need to have iTunes Match

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    Unfortunately for some silly reason (probably licensing) Apple wont let you stream your own music with Apple Music, you need to have iTunes Match

Thanks a million for the quick answer. In this case, I was trying to add my ripped CD directly to the on-board storage on the phone, rather than streaming it from anywhere else. Do you mean that apple won't allow this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Have you iCloud Music Library turned on in your imusic settings?

miralize wrote: »

Not true. If you have Apple Music, you don't need iTunes Match.

Not true. If you have Apple Music, you don't need iTunes Match.

In my experience, you can't add music to your iphone from your PC via itunes while icloud music library is turned on. If you turn on icloud music library, then all your apple music offline content is removed from your iphone and you can't even stream music.

Could you let me know how you get around this?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Palofmine wrote: »
    In my experience, you can't add music to your iphone from your PC via itunes while icloud music library is turned on. If you turn on icloud music library, then all your apple music offline content is removed from your iphone and you can't even stream music.

Could you let me know how you get around this?

Thanks

Once iCloud Music Library is enabled on all your computers/devices, then syncing music from iTunes to your device is no longer necessary. It will automatically sync via iCloud. You can then either stream or download it for offline listening on your iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Tearing my hair out trying to make a playlist this morning. Added a whole album (7 songs) to the playlist, then tried to add more. No more songs going in no matter what I do, even though I get a big 'added' confirmation. Tried adding from Music, tried editing the playlist and adding from there- nothing! It may have been mentioned before- anyone any idea what I am doing wrong before I cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Tearing my hair out trying to make a playlist this morning. Added a whole album (7 songs) to the playlist, then tried to add more. No more songs going in no matter what I do, even though I get a big 'added' confirmation. Tried adding from Music, tried editing the playlist and adding from there- nothing! It may have been mentioned before- anyone any idea what I am doing wrong before I cry!

I don't think your doing anything wrong, I think it's just a buggy mess at the moment. Knowing Apple they probably will sort it out but for now I'm personally staying away from putting any effort into playlists etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

DubDJ wrote: »
    I don't think your doing anything wrong, I think it's just a buggy mess at the moment. Knowing Apple they probably will sort it out but for now I'm personally staying away from putting any effort into playlists etc.

Thanks- it's driving me crazy! Hadn't made a playlist before so didn't realise how messy the whole thing is...

Advertisement