Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what actually happens during childbirth?

Options
  • 21-11-2008 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

I need info to prepare myself for when it does happen! Apparently if the man witnesses he will NEVER be attracted to his wife/gf the same again :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Try having a look in parenting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    I need info to prepare myself for when it does happen! Apparently if the man witnesses he will NEVER be attracted to his wife/gf the same again :eek:

BS, I couldn't wait to get back to 'making' another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is a I wish I knew thread in the pregnancy subforum of parenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

One word for ya....

Welly :eek:

No i'm kidding, well actually ive no idea..had sections myself.

Generally afaik ur partner is not down there delivering, he's holding your hand being all supportive and man like passing out a possibility. So he's not going to see anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Having a lax vagaina after a vaginal birth ( which is the normal way to giver birth ) only happens if you do not follow the advice of the dr, midwife and physio.

Do your pelvic floor exercises and you can have a vag tighter then before you had kids.

The rubbish scare mongering about 'wellies' can cause women to have unnessacry c sections. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    Apparently if the man witnesses he will NEVER be attracted to his wife/gf the same again :eek:

Not true.

Anyway, guys don't have to go near the 'business end' if they don't want to. It's his call. I myself was worried about the gore, but it was grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dontcallmecrazy

my dad saw me beeing born and he said it was the most ''amazing thing'' ever, life changing apparently!

he didnt see the older three being born as it was not the 'done thing' back in the day, and hes defo not as close with them as he is with me... so maybe its beneficial for the baby / daddy relationship too...and i have a younger sibling too - so he cant have been to grossed out by it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Thaedydal wrote: »
    There is a I wish I knew thread in the pregnancy subforum of parenting.

merci buckets Thaed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement