Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

womens mini marathon

2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 124 ✭✭The Queen of England

irish-stew wrote: »
    I think you need to lay off the OP a bit here.

From what I gather, laying into the opening poster of threads appears to be something of a team sport around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭JRant

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Guys do the women's mini marathon every year. I think, for a lot of them it is their only chance to dress as a woman in public. Nothing particularly brave about it IMO.

The "Bravery" belongs to those who the money is raised for. It's about making an ass of yourself for a good cause because you know there are those less fortunate out there who need the help.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

inmyday wrote: »
    There is men and women in my club. Is that what you meant by your first question???

Im not buzzkilling. Read the first page, I said anyone can raise money for charity, for any race.
    Im just confused why he chooses to do a female only event??? And the reasons given didnt explain why he cant do the mens mini (for example) and raise money for the charity???

i shouldn't really have to give any reason. ALL efforts towards a good cause should be made when possible.

• Site Banned Posts: 124 ✭✭The Queen of England

the reasons given didnt explain why he cant do the mens mini (for example) and raise money for the charity???

You appear to have a bad case of being quite anal.

There is men and women in my club. Is that what you meant by your first question???

Im not buzzkilling. Read the first page, I said anyone can raise money for charity, for any race.
    Im just confused why he chooses to do a female only event??? And the reasons given didnt explain why he cant do the mens mini (for example) and raise money for the charity???

I was just wondering what the sex of the person has to do with being able to participate in a fun run. It's not a serious race and is used by many people to collect for organisations due to its high profile.

Still on the first page myself, change the settings to 40 posts per page and you'll never look back :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

irish-stew wrote: »
    I think you need to lay off the OP a bit here, Okay so its only a flippin 10km, but its a cause very close to his heart, feck if he was to stick up his just giving or my charity web link, I'd nearly throw him €20 my self, only I dont know him.

Hence why I only ask once or twice a year as well.

Again, the novelty factor, doing something different.

Obvously not that strict when they let in men dressed as woman.

Reading that first paragraph, I think Ill leave this thread.
    Because I dont know what you mean "Lay off the op"???? I only giving my opinion. The op started this thread, asking a question. I only answered it(not the way everyone wants), and never once abused him.

All I said was he can raise money doing something else.
    Ive said in every reply that he can raise for doing a different event.

Novelty factor?? Still shake my head at this reason. Any event is a nearly a novelty, 5km, 42km, cycling race, mountain climbing etc.

And also, they have on the mini marathon website, "Strictly females only"... But they cant exactly stop a man doing it.

All the best guys.

Reading that first paragraph, I think Ill leave this thread.
    Because I dont know what you mean "Lay off the op"???? I only giving my opinion. The op started this thread, asking a question. I only answered it(not the way everyone wants), and never once abused him.

All I said was he can raise money doing something else.
    Ive said in every reply that he can raise for doing a different event.

Novelty factor?? Still shake my head at this reason. Any event is a nearly a novelty, 5km, 42km, cycling race, mountain climbing etc.

And also, they have on the mini marathon website, "Strictly females only"... But they cant exactly stop a man doing it.

All the best guys.

thanks

now, the original question still stands.... is there any lads on here planning on doing the run or have done it before????? do you need to sneak into the starting line????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

evosteo wrote: »
    now, the original question still stands.... is there any lads on here planning on doing the run or have done it before????? do you need to sneak into the starting line????

I had planned on doing it. Although the other fella I was going to run with has pulled out, so dont quite have to nerve to go on my own/be the the only guy in my group.

A couple of my mates did it a few years back. They didn't get numbers or official sponsor cards but were still able to partake, not sure if that's changed since but from the reactions they got you'll have a ball. Plenty of wolf whistling and banter on the way round :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

JRant wrote: »
    The "Bravery" belongs to those who the money is raised for. It's about making an ass of yourself for a good cause because you know there are those less fortunate out there who need the help.

Goes without saying that the bravery is shown by those for whom money is raised. The OP appears to think that he deserves claps on the back for dressing as a woman to participate in a women's only event. I have seen guys in the mini marathon. It seems to be their big moment when they can dress as women, in public. Nothing brave about that, IMO.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Goes without saying that the bravery is shown by those for whom money is raised. The OP appears to think that he deserves claps on the back for dressing as a woman to participate in a women's only event. I have seen guys in the mini marathon. It seems to be their big moment when they can dress as women, in public. Nothing brave about that, IMO.

ahahaha, its the moment i've been waiting for all my life,

and im not looking for any "pats on the back"

all i asked was there any lads on here who have done the run before or plan on doin it this year,

take your negativity elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

ahahaha, its the moment i've been waiting for all my life,

and im not looking for any "pats on the back"

all i asked was there any lads on here who have done the run before or plan on doin it this year,

take your negativity elsewhere

Ah don't be like that, sure I am one of them too.. See you there, can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I've done it twice. There's no bother with guys doing it, but you have to at least get into the spirit of it and throw on a dress and a wig or something like that. You don't have to sneak into it or anything, I'm not sure if you have to be registered to take part so you have a number on, I know I registered both times though. It's good craic, just be prepared to have your dress lifted up a lot, those housewives are a randy bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

My brother is going to do it, i think his girlfriend had a hand in that :D im sure there will be loads of lads in it so i wouldnt be worried

Advertisement