Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I'd say most of it is genuine (though some of the recorded crying is undoubtedly exaggerated). When Kim Il-sung died there were masses of people weeping at his statue for a couple of days but then it abruptly stopped, so Kim Jong-il basically sent people there to continue mourning. So yeah, the tears are probably real now but I can't see them being genuine towards the end of the scheduled thirteen days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

If that is real, that is genuinely one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen...I know that if so, they know no different and all that, but I find it creepy as hell...

Also, I thought people pounding the ground in grief only happened in movies. And I haven't noticed any tears on any faces, except for that woman speaking at the end. Not that I've err watched it several times /odd fascination with all things North Korea.

In any case, just when you thought Reeling in the Years 2011 couldn't get any more packed...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Slow Show wrote: »
    In any case, just when you thought Reeling in the Years 2011 couldn't get any more packed...
    It's definitely gonna be 2 parts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16089232

That's not crying, that's worshipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Not to detract from a errr very serious situation, but if you go to around 1:20 on the video you just see two lads standing in the background just staring, looking a bit confused at the whole thing.

Bita comic relief >.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Thats really really strange....Like I get the basic idea of indocterination but to see it actually in effect,like in real life.Its just so weird!

On a compleatly unrelated note the turkey we got for christmas is frigging gigantic and is currently occupying my fridge and I named him Gordon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thats really really strange....Like I get the basic idea of indocterination but to see it actually in effect,like in real life.Its just so weird!

On a compleatly unrelated note the turkey we got for christmas is frigging gigantic and is currently occupying my fridge and I named him Gordon.

I has never had turkey for christmas. We always have lamb/pork.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I has never had turkey for christmas. We always have lamb/pork.

I think I'd prefer lamb but tis tradition for us.And because of that I've a flipping near 9.kg monster hanging out in the kitchen!

Though i prefer the party food we have in the evening to the dinner.

I love spending the day eating crap. Its trhe best part of the day, stuffing down food while playing a brand new game. When I was younger, my nan, would always bring us round old boooks, £1 perfume, and really off date chocolate, and we'd have to sit there and enjoy them. Still she was a bit senile :p

I love spending the day eating crap. Its trhe best part of the day, stuffing down food while playing a brand new game. When I was younger, my nan, would always bring us round old boooks, £1 perfume, and really off date chocolate, and we'd have to sit there and enjoy them. Still she was a bit senile :p

Still it's the thought that counts.

I'm hoping that work is really quiet tomorrow and friday.busy shifts would be such an effort when all I want to do is relax!

• Advertisement

Still it's the thought that counts.

I'm hoping that work is really quiet tomorrow and friday.busy shifts would be such an effort when all I want to do is relax!

Aye it is. Where do you work? I'm doing the 23rd, then flying back to England :D

Aye it is. Where do you work? I'm doing the 23rd, then flying back to England :D

I work in the resteraunt in Ikea so its been fairly quiet.
    Who is going to go and buy a new kitchen the week before christmas like.
    I'm delighted that we get the 3 days at christmas off though.

Nice christmas present for someone ;)

Nice christmas present for someone ;)

Bah good lord no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

<3 Ikea meatballs.

Ah that's true :P still money in your pocket :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Wrote a song for Anne Doyle

Ah that's true :P still money in your pocket :D
    True they're good enough to work for like.
    <3 Ikea meatballs.
    2 years later and I still munch on em.
    Grindylow wrote: »
    Wrote a song for Anne Doyle

The news reader?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

True they're good enough to work for like.

2 years later and I still munch on em.

The news reader?

Yeah love her forever xoxo

Ok spending the last hour watching toddlers and tiaras and wrapping presents is such an awesome thing to do.

Now comes the hard part It's my boyfriends birthday at the start of january and I've to decide which presents to give him for christmas and which ones for his birthday gah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Now comes the hard part It's my boyfriends birthday at the start of january and I've to decide which presents to give him for christmas and which ones for his birthday gah!

I have the same problem every year cos my boyfriend's birthday is New Years Day. He always just says that he wants the better stuff for his birthday, so go by that:p

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I have the same problem every year cos my boyfriend's birthday is New Years Day. He always just says that he wants the better stuff for his birthday, so go by that:p

Mine said he wants it all at christmas,he said he'd be ok with socks for his birthday.

I feel bad though even his parents don't make any sort of big deal out of his birthday...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Lol, I'm pretty sure you served me meatballs once.. With jam :eek:

Anyhow, being up at this time when my brother is watching morning television always reminds me I never want to be on a kids show... Like this..
    676664.jpg

Imagine seeing him normally down coppers or something ladies, would you shift him or just run? I thought so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

]
    676664.jpg

Imagine seeing him normally down coppers or something ladies, would you shift him or just run? I thought so.

Run for the Hills...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just had an amazing moment of stupid :o
    Came back to work after lunch, stopped in the car park and then the usual lights off, radio off etc routine. When it came to the wipers I went completely blank at how to turn them off.
    Cue a process of elimination involving indicators coming on, lights flashing, fan being turned on/off, water spraying before I finally managed :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Just had an amazing moment of stupid :o
    Came back to work after lunch, stopped in the car park and then the usual lights off, radio off etc routine. When it came to the wipers I went completely blank at how to turn them off.
    Cue a process of elimination involving indicators coming on, lights flashing, fan being turned on/off, water spraying before I finally managed :o

He's just trying to boast that he has a car... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

He's just trying to boast that he has a car... :(

When I get my new car ill boast. Until then I'm just stupid :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Lol, I'm pretty sure you served me meatballs once.. With jam :eek:

Anyhow, being up at this time when my brother is watching morning television always reminds me I never want to be on a kids show... Like this..
    676664.jpg

That particular programme is all in Makiton, which is a kind of sign language used with children who have slow speech development, or autism or whatever. I've a small cousin who we suspect is on the spectrum, and since he started watching it, he has come on so much. It looks weird on the outside, but I've a soft spot for it considering his predicament.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Buying your girlfriend a dildo and a box of chocolates for Christmas because if she doesn't like the chocolates she can go fcuk herself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Buying your girlfriend a dildo and a box of chocolates for Christmas because if she doesn't like the chocolates she can go fcuk herself
    that is such an old joke :rolleyes:

Advertisement