Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terminator Genisys

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I want this movie to be absolutely epic, so I will hold off on any pre judgements until I have seen it. Only thing I will say is that they could really do with dropping the old one liners such as "ill be back" & "come with me if you want to live". Completely unnecessary and a bit cringeworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

mzungu wrote: »
    Only thing I will say is that they could really do with dropping the old one liners such as "ill be back" & "come with me if you want to live". Completely unnecessary and a bit cringeworthy.

You'd better give up on that idea now and learn to accept this movie for what it will be. They even had one of those one-liners in the trailer! This movie is all about paying homage to the original, much loved movies, with an extra layer of CGI action, hot people and PG 'violence' to get the young people in the cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Arnies posted a pretty cool looking new profile pic on bookface

....and new trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

py2006 wrote: »
    Armies posted a pretty cool looking new profile pic on bookface

....and new trailer

Nothing new in that trailer to get excited about. Question though, why the fcuk did they give the T-1000 (while morphing from liquid state to human) bone structure, muscles, tendons, etc? It's completely unnecessary for the T-1000 to replicate the inner workings of a human. I guess it looked cooler or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

https://www.facebook.com/TerminatorGenisys.UK?brand_redir=1

I really hope granddad T800 doesn't just kill the original with a shotgun like these trailers imply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

John (The Studio) keeps sending Terminators back....he's lost his mind :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The new Superbowl trailer is laughably bad .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Seriously looking forward to this movie! It's going to be brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

DenMan wrote: »
    Seriously looking forward to this movie! It's going to be brilliant! :D

picard-facepalm.jpg

• Advertisement

Hollywood will never allow an unsanitized vision of a post apocalyptic future global war with non-model humans in tatters hiding in ruins using dogs to sniff out Terminators focusing on moral dilemmas, nuclear winter, horror survival and how and why the human resistance and John Connor was so effective against an overwhelming that Skynet took the drastic step of inventing time bloody travel sending someone back in fcukin time to prevent its destruction.

The universe could do with some Threads terror(as much as they could get away with) to be fair Salvation and its failed trilogy seemed like going to treat time travel as a necessary evil only. The series can't do any of the above now, what originally made it so captivating..... because of its success. They need to be stories first and action films as an after thought
    I remember watching this fan made trailer years ago and getting hyped and imagining the possibilities, Salvation was flat story wise but it was good thematically but it had a dull Mad Max like world, yet I'd kill to see the sequel to it, and not this seeming turd we're going to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

ps3lover wrote: »

Is that legit? That site have credibility? Because that sounds awful.

Goodshape wrote: »
    Is that legit? That site have credibility? Because that sounds awful.

I read on some other site a month ago, the ending that it describes in the last paragraph is indeed so bad it'll make you sit back and pause, before walking away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Who is this movie for? Terminator fans are going to hate what it's become and the younger market will think it's not for them, it's this crazy old franchise that doesn't look as appealing as other dumb movies eg Transformers.

I'd be shocked if this is close to the standard of the last one, not saying much, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

ps3lover wrote: »

It sounds so much worse than it looks from the trailers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Adamantium wrote: »
    I read on some other site a month ago, the ending that it describes in the last paragraph is indeed so bad it'll make you sit back and pause, before walking away.

Is it
    the twist that John Connor is the Terminator hybrid? From the early released pictures there's ones where Arnie, Kyle Reese and Sarah are talking to John Connor who's in a suit. In the trailer it quickly shows Arnie charging him through the wall in the encounter. So the alloy Terminator rising from the flames showing it's muscles and tendons in the Super Bowl advert could probably him.

Ok, the film could not possibly sound any worse, then I read that ^.

What have they against the Terminator franchise that they have been destroying it since T2.

I must watch T2 again, must dig out that Ultimate Edition DVD somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

In my mind the Terminator "franchise" is 2 movies .

end of.

This won't destroy it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭j.s. pill II

lazza14 wrote: »
    In my mind the Terminator "franchise" is 2 movies .

end of.

Damn right - just pretend the other ones don't exist

Maybe one day James Cameron will seek to destroy all copies of, all references to and any historical records of the other films; just like George Lucas tried to do with the Star Wars Christmas special.

• Advertisement

lazza14 wrote: »
    In my mind the Terminator "franchise" is 2 movies
    end of.

Agreed. Nearly sure Cameron said in an interview that as far as he is concerned T2 was a definite end in his opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

I'm rating this film 3/10
    Points go for Arnie landing his bicycle on the roof of an artic in a cool shot and for crash banging his head into a choppa like a massive headbanger.
    ....I know, I know, ...how can I do that? ....I haven't even seen it! ...At least give it a chance. ...Will somebody please think of the children. All that baloney and more.
    That's just like my opinion man, so suck it up!

I still cringe when he sticks the knife in his arm and pulls the flesh off, it still amazes and shocks me. It looks so damn good and the reaction of Dyson and his wife is just what it should be.

LL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Adamantium wrote: »
    I still cringe when he sticks the knife in his arm and pulls the flesh off, it still amazes and shocks me. It looks so damn good and the reaction of Dyson and his wife is just what it should be.

LL

Yeah,it still loks brilliant.

There is a similar scene to that in the new trailer and it looks completely fake as its all cgi .

In fact the new film looks like a computer game ,its overly reliant on cgi.

The less cgi in a film the better in my opinion,it can be used but do so sparingly like Nolan in Interstellar for example.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Is it
    the twist that John Connor is the Terminator hybrid? From the early released pictures there's ones where Arnie, Kyle Reese and Sarah are talking to John Connor who's in a suit. In the trailer it quickly shows Arnie charging him through the wall in the encounter. So the alloy Terminator rising from the flames showing it's muscles and tendons in the Super Bowl advert could probably him.

I pulled this from another site:

In the future...
    The rebels struggle to hold off the machines in time to send Reese back. As he's going through the field, the last thing he sees is a nanobot Terminator disguised as a resistance fighter (Matt Smith)appear behind John. At that point the nanobots infect John and he goes back to 2017.

...Arnold's character has built a time displacement device in a junkyard. He's damaged during a fight with the T-1000 and T-850 that were chasing Kyle and can't travel through time anymore. So he does have to wait. (Decent way to explain Arnold's age, except at that point his age had already been explained by having him raise Sarah. So...yeah.)

After the terminators are destroyed in the junkyard in 1984, Kyle decides they need to go to 2017. In response to Skynet's defeat in 1984, the evil John has traveled back in time to 2017 and helped develop Skynet 2 aka "Genisys". What isn't clear is how an evil John in 2029 is able to do this. Once Sarah's past is changed, she and Kyle no longer have sex in 1984. And once Skynet is defeated in 1984, so is the plan to turn John evil using nanobots in 2029.

the John-Terminator dead but a reveal that the destroyed 2017 Skynet had just finished development of a prototype nanobot Terminator. Arnold gets turned into a T-1000 by falling into a vat of liquid metal. It sounds like the whole 2017 thing is just a way to get the actors into a present day setting, so that the sequels don't have to be another period piece.
    I'd like to point out that I'm rock solid with TERMINATOR continuity and even I can't follow this stuff.

It'd be easy to write a straight up war drama sequel to Salvation than this.

^ You have got to be joking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is there a source for his apparent leaked script & are they trusted? Because that's pretty awful. Like badly-written-fan-fiction awful, I'm sceptical that it's genuine at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Maybe one day James Cameron will seek to destroy all copies of, all references to and any historical records of the other films; just like George Lucas tried to do with the Star Wars Christmas special.

I didn't know this existed.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Who is this movie for? Terminator fans are going to hate what it's become and the younger market will think it's not for them, it's this crazy old franchise that doesn't look as appealing as other dumb movies eg Transformers.

I'd be shocked if this is close to the standard of the last one, not saying much, is it?

The thing that doesn't make sense with these sequels of classic 18 rated movies being released for 12s is that 12 year olds aren't even old enough to watch the originals and even then there aren't many 12 year olds that would be able to appreciate the story so they'd be lost as to what's happening in the sequels or why it's happening. I don't understand Hollywood these days, they just don't want to bother taking risks and instead try to play it safe by pumping out sequels and butchering the originals in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

REVIEW: Terminator Genisys (2015) Screenplay
    By The_Night_Rider on January 29, 2015

Runtime: 130 Mins (est)
    What To Expect: A screenplay that makes Rise of the Machines and even Sarah Connor Chronicles look like master works

After I read the screenplay for RoboCop (2012) years ago, I thought there was nothing I’d read ever again that could be worse. Sitting here in despair and not too far away from rage, I have been proven wrong, since I have just finished reading the screenplay for Terminator: Genisys, an incomprehensibly awful piece of wretched ****. I hate and despise it, in so many ways that I can barely even articulate it. You think the pictures, rumours and trailers are bad? You ain’t seen nothing yet. This movie is going to be the end of Arnold Schwarzenegger, his career is going to finish where it started, ironically, down town Los Angeles, 1984.

This screenplay is obviously for a movie tooled for iPhone generation kids, the spawn of Transformers and Iron Man only with screenwriting the producers of those movies wouldn’t touch with a bargepole. It opens by explaining everything that has already been established, many, many times over, such as who John Connor is and what Judgement Day was. Nobody under 20 needs to be told what these things are. Go figure. From there, it takes a giant rusty hatchet to everything you’ve ever loved about the Terminator franchise. Kyle Reese is sent back to 1984 to protect Sarah Connor. A T-1000, T-800 and T-850 are also sent to 1984. But no need to worry, Sarah Connor is kicking ass with the help of an aged T-800, which has raised her from 1973, to deal with the problems.

What is this, Reese asks? Why it’s her ‘Pops’, hardened Sarah says, a father figure who has filled in for her murdered parents for the past 11 years, including watching Seasame Street with her and taking her to do the zoo. Oh yes, you see, the pensioner Terminator has also now developed feelings, which at one point are hurt by Kyle Reese, who is informed by Sarah Connor that he needs to be more careful around the robot when talking. I am not making any of this up. Schwarzenegger’s Terminator, by the way, will make the ‘Village People’ Terminator from T3 look resolutely mean and badass. Through time he has developed a sense of ‘humour’ too, for instance, with truly awful wisecracks that would even pass in a G-rated movie, let alone PG-13. He comes across to me less killer cyborg, more ‘Thor’. A big lovable oaf.

But if you think that **** is going to torture you, fear not, because the majority of the screentime is owned by Kyle Reese, played by Jai Courtney. I don’t know how this guy won the right to carry a Terminator movie on his back, but it shall be so. It seemed to me that he more than any other member of the cast was on every page, nearly every scene. Schwarzenegger’s Terminator shows up quite a bit too – don’t get me wrong – but its like he’s only there for crude brawling with numerous other cyborgs and shark jumping action such as acting as a cybernetic cruise missile taking out mid-air targets. That leads me to another point, there’s too much action, none of it impressive, and you get the sense that its relentlessness is to cover up the truly terrible ‘twists’. And they do materialize…

They have absolutely mauled Terminator lore here in trying to give it an edgy reboot. With terrible characters, a totally shameful turn for Arnold Schwarzenegger and a story that makes The Sarah Connor Chronicles look like a masterpiece – but all of this is before the final insult. I’m talking about the big one here. Worse than the horrific ‘daddy’s little girl’ plot arc, worse than the family-orientated action. Search the net, you’ll find out what I’m talking about. I’m so angry, I don’t even want to repeat it. Your reaction will first be disbelief, then laughter, then anger, then depression.

An absolutely terrible and atrocious screenplay. This movie is going to be really, really bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The thing that doesn't make sense with these sequels of classic 18 rated movies being released for 12s is that 12 year olds aren't even old enough to watch the originals and even then there aren't many 12 year olds that would be able to appreciate the story so they'd be lost as to what's happening in the sequels or why it's happening. I don't understand Hollywood these days, they just don't want to bother taking risks and instead try to play it safe by pumping out sequels and butchering the originals in the process.

Thing is, it's working. If people just didn't go to see them then they'd stop. Why pay for the best talent to make a classic when people will just as easily go and see whatever slop a videogame writer can pen.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Advertisement

yipeeeee wrote: »
    REVIEW: Terminator Genisys (2015) Screenplay
    By The_Night_Rider on January 29, 2015

Runtime: 130 Mins (est)
    What To Expect: A screenplay that makes Rise of the Machines and even Sarah Connor Chronicles look like master works

After I read the screenplay for RoboCop (2012) years ago, I thought there was nothing I’d read ever again that could be worse. Sitting here in despair and not too far away from rage, I have been proven wrong, since I have just finished reading the screenplay for Terminator: Genisys, an incomprehensibly awful piece of wretched ****. I hate and despise it, in so many ways that I can barely even articulate it. You think the pictures, rumours and trailers are bad? You ain’t seen nothing yet. This movie is going to be the end of Arnold Schwarzenegger, his career is going to finish where it started, ironically, down town Los Angeles, 1984.

This screenplay is obviously for a movie tooled for iPhone generation kids, the spawn of Transformers and Iron Man only with screenwriting the producers of those movies wouldn’t touch with a bargepole. It opens by explaining everything that has already been established, many, many times over, such as who John Connor is and what Judgement Day was. Nobody under 20 needs to be told what these things are. Go figure. From there, it takes a giant rusty hatchet to everything you’ve ever loved about the Terminator franchise. Kyle Reese is sent back to 1984 to protect Sarah Connor. A T-1000, T-800 and T-850 are also sent to 1984. But no need to worry, Sarah Connor is kicking ass with the help of an aged T-800, which has raised her from 1973, to deal with the problems.

What is this, Reese asks? Why it’s her ‘Pops’, hardened Sarah says, a father figure who has filled in for her murdered parents for the past 11 years, including watching Seasame Street with her and taking her to do the zoo. Oh yes, you see, the pensioner Terminator has also now developed feelings, which at one point are hurt by Kyle Reese, who is informed by Sarah Connor that he needs to be more careful around the robot when talking. I am not making any of this up. Schwarzenegger’s Terminator, by the way, will make the ‘Village People’ Terminator from T3 look resolutely mean and badass. Through time he has developed a sense of ‘humour’ too, for instance, with truly awful wisecracks that would even pass in a G-rated movie, let alone PG-13. He comes across to me less killer cyborg, more ‘Thor’. A big lovable oaf.

But if you think that **** is going to torture you, fear not, because the majority of the screentime is owned by Kyle Reese, played by Jai Courtney. I don’t know how this guy won the right to carry a Terminator movie on his back, but it shall be so. It seemed to me that he more than any other member of the cast was on every page, nearly every scene. Schwarzenegger’s Terminator shows up quite a bit too – don’t get me wrong – but its like he’s only there for crude brawling with numerous other cyborgs and shark jumping action such as acting as a cybernetic cruise missile taking out mid-air targets. That leads me to another point, there’s too much action, none of it impressive, and you get the sense that its relentlessness is to cover up the truly terrible ‘twists’. And they do materialize…

They have absolutely mauled Terminator lore here in trying to give it an edgy reboot. With terrible characters, a totally shameful turn for Arnold Schwarzenegger and a story that makes The Sarah Connor Chronicles look like a masterpiece – but all of this is before the final insult. I’m talking about the big one here. Worse than the horrific ‘daddy’s little girl’ plot arc, worse than the family-orientated action. Search the net, you’ll find out what I’m talking about. I’m so angry, I don’t even want to repeat it. Your reaction will first be disbelief, then laughter, then anger, then depression.

An absolutely terrible and atrocious screenplay. This movie is going to be really, really bad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Thing is, it's working. If people just didn't go to see them then they'd stop. Why pay for the best talent to make a classic when people will just as easily go and see whatever slop a videogame writer can pen.

Agreed. It is a plague on the modern movie industry.

True. At least there are still good action movies coming from Asia like The Raid movies, it was honestly amazing to see people's heads being split and blown apart in an action movie in the cinema when The Raid 2 came out. They're doing American remakes of those as well actually, if they're for anything other than 18s then I've lost faith completely.

True. At least there are still good action movies coming from Asia like The Raid movies, it was honestly amazing to see people's heads being split and blown apart in an action movie in the cinema when The Raid 2 came out. They're doing American remakes of those as well actually, if they're for anything other than 18s then I've lost faith completely.

To be honest, I think people are placing excessive emphasis on the age rating and misconstruing it as a measurement of quality. That said, it certainly wouldn't bode well. Unless the trailers are particularly impressive, I'll be avoiding them. I've decided to stop seeing Transformers films as well. Complaining is no good if we still pay to see these monstrosities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

To be honest, I think people are placing excessive emphasis on the age rating and misconstruing it as a measurement of quality. That said, it certainly wouldn't bode well. Unless the trailers are particularly impressive, I'll be avoiding them. I've decided to stop seeing Transformers films as well. Complaining is no good if we still pay to see these monstrosities.

Whilst I'd agree that a film's rating shouldn't be a primary indicator of the low quality nature of remakes/sequels it has nonetheless proved an effectively accurate one the last few years. The rating can however give you an insight into the mindset/artistic integrity of the makers of many remakes & sequels.

Give me The Raid, Rambo or Dredd any day of the week rather than watered down crap like Robocop, Total Recall, Taken 3 or The Expendables 3.

Goldstein wrote: »
    Whilst I'd agree that a film's rating shouldn't be a primary indicator of the low quality nature of remakes/sequels it has nonetheless proved an effectively accurate one the last few years. The rating can however give you an insight into the mindset/artistic integrity of the makers of many remakes & sequels.

Give me The Raid, Rambo or Dredd any day of the week rather than watered down crap like Robocop, Total Recall, Taken 3 or The Expendables 3.

A low age rating would be indicative of a teen-friendly re-imagining which isn't in itself a bad thing. However, unless I'm wrong, it hasn't yet been done right.

Just watching T2 at the moment.

Did people know before going to see it back in 97 that the T-800 was good or was it a shock? Like was how was it advertised?

It's amazing how bad this series of films gets, after T2.

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Did people know before going to see it back in 97 that the T-800 was good or was it a shock? Like was how was it advertised?

The trailer gives it away, sadly. I think it would have been an amazing WTF moment at the time.

It was heavily advertised that Arnie was the good Terminator, so it was no shock at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

A low age rating would be indicative of a teen-friendly re-imagining which isn't in itself a bad thing. However, unless I'm wrong, it hasn't yet been done right.

Yes, a rating doesn't preclude a film from being good or even great but it takes a lot of skill and writing prowess to pull it off at a lower rating without the finished product coming across as neutered, especially with action films. I'd consider something like The Dark Knight or Skyfall very effective 12s action(y) movies.

• Advertisement

Goldstein wrote: »
    Yes, a rating doesn't preclude a film from being good or even great but it takes a lot of skill and writing prowess to pull it off at a lower rating without the finished product coming across as neutered, especially with action films. I'd consider something like The Dark Knight or Skyfall very effective 12s action(y) movies.

Good point.

To be honest, 18 cert or not, this is a write off. Unless the reviews are glowing, I'll be avoiding it.

I never care about age ratings unless it's in the action or crime genre since the two are basically exclusive with violence and bad language, both of which can really help give extra authenticity to movies. Nothing worse than an action movie that builds up deaths only to cut away instead of showing a bit of blood.

I never care about age ratings unless it's in the action or crime genre since the two are basically exclusive with violence and bad language, both of which can really help give extra authenticity to movies. Nothing worse than an action movie that builds up deaths only to cut away instead of showing a bit of blood.

That's fair enough, DYEL. I would expect superhero films and the like to be cut to gain a lower rating for the merchandise sales but there's no excuse for mature films to be cut save for increasing revenue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Well anybody who went to see this in 1997 must have been doing their own time traveling.

T2 was released in 1991 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

A big boycott on 12A rated action movies needs to happen ASAP. I'm sick of movies being destroyed over the quest to gain a lower rating.
    I remember last year it came out that the director of the a Robocop remake was miserable making it, mainly due to being forced to deliver a 12a rated movie.

As long as people continue to pay for them, they'll keep getting made.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Wow the Superbowl trailer was awful. even worse than the teaser. Could this movie be a new "The Room"?

faceman wrote: »
    Wow the Superbowl trailer was awful. even worse than the teaser. Could this movie be a new "The Room"?

Speaking of the room, I think James Franco wants to make a movie about the making of the room lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The trailers make it look like Sarah took her grandfather out of the care home for a day out.

• Advertisement

Maybe John is looking out for Kyle as his importance has grown even more in this timeline in this one that's why the kid is so buff and well fed for someone living 20+ years post Judgement Day:

John clearly kicked a bunch of starving losers out of their room and built a gym in there for Kyle.

I'm not one for fanedits, but this is the best one I have ever seen and coming from a person who likes T3, it completely redeems it and makes it a great relentlessly taunt Terminator film that matches up with the danger and feel of the original 2 movies. A lot of dialogue and CGI/story aspects cut, only 10 minutes but it might as well be an entirely different movie in every way. The ending has being made more emotional and dark/startling by removing the voiceover. The minimalist story leaves some wonder to your imagination that Connor ended up where he did with Kate because of circumstance not because of necessity/destiny. There's no rope to hang with itself with. Highly recommended. It would have been an amazing way to cap that trilogy.

I wish we had seen the sequel to T3, using those actors was my main reaction after watching it, because I was like "what happens next??", haha.

Advertisement