Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭horse7

Avoid navan rd,, cars backed up from halfway house to M50 roundabout, auburn ave, a car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

horse7 wrote: »
    Avoid navan rd,, cars backed up from halfway house to M50 roundabout, auburn ave, a car park.

Do we know the cause?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

beauf wrote: »
    Do we know the cause?

Friday traffic.... Would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

Friday traffic.... Would be my guess.

With it being friday i'd be inclined to agree but auburn ave isnt normally that bad at half 3.

RTA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

I'm surprised the staff are still working there to be honest. I've lost count the amount of times i've been there and witnessed anti social behaviour. They dont pay that security guard enough!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

For feck sake, the same shop was held up in an armed robbery only a few weeks ago, I feel sorry for the staff. I go there often but the staff, particularly security staff have a lot to put up with.

Security companies should be allowed to have dogs such as German shepherds with muzzles of course but for when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Bus on fire around the Ashtown roundabout, don't have any more info than that.

• Advertisement

septictank wrote: »
    Bus on fire around the Ashtown roundabout, don't have any more info than that.

Is it a green one!

I don't see the joke in there so I just say a friend of mine lives very close to the roundabout and sent me a text, I know nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

septictank wrote: »
    I don't see the joke in there so I just say a friend of mine lives very close to the roundabout and sent me a text, I know nothing else.

Dublin coach have lost a lot to fires o was wondering was it one of theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was a Swords Express bus - literally drove past it just as the road had reopened. Some serious damage to the back of it, luckily no one was on board aside from the driver.

M50 closed blanch junction going to airport. A RTA AT FINglas ramp has backed up everything.

It's back to the red cow now, 13:30

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

M50 closed blanch junction going to airport. A RTA AT FINglas ramp has backed up everything.
    There appears to be a fatality at the northbound off ramp at Finglas.
    https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1088443379799666690

daymobrew wrote: »
    There appears to be a fatality at the northbound off ramp at Finglas.
    https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1088443379799666690

Some very graphic pictures going around about that crash. It's quite obvious there has been a fatality, just a warning for some people.
    Those pic's shouldn't have been posted.

• Advertisement

Any idea when the slip road to M2/ FINglas will reopen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Any idea when the slip road to M2/ FINglas will reopen?

No update on the Garda Traffic twitter account and AA Roadwatch says closed until further notice. Cappagh and across should be OK at this time of night?

Still closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Still closed?

No, opened by rush hour this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Applegreen on Clonsilla Road all closed off this morning....another robbery?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

fletch wrote: »
    Applegreen on Clonsilla Road all closed off this morning....another robbery?
    More like the price of their Petrol and Diesel is robbery!

There's probably a better place to post this but it's about Auburn AVE junction turning right on castleknock rd, this is a yellow box junction,and incredible they have put pedestrian traffic lights at the yellow box junction, so when you get the green light to turn right from auburn ave towards myos, you can't if someone is crossing at the pedestrian lights because the traffic light is red for cars at the yellow box junction,.Has anyone else noticed this?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

You mean the pedestrian lights on Castleknock Road are green at the same times as the filter light to turn from Auburn Avenue is green?! That is a serious error if that is what is happening and something that should be reported to the council. Apologies if I have picked that up wrong though.

ITS green for cars turning right onto castleknock road,and you drive into a yellow box junction,but you cant pass through the junction because the traffic light is red for cars, {unless no pedestrians have pressed to cross} . So no problem if there are no pedestrians.

• Advertisement

ITS green for cars turning right onto castleknock road,and you drive into a yellow box junction,but you cant pass through the junction because the traffic light is red for cars, {unless no pedestrians have pressed to cross} . So no problem if there are no pedestrians.

That 'second' light is for the cars coming up the Castleknock Road from the direction of the Park only, it's not for cars turning from Auburn Avenue.

You get your green light to turn right - so you turn right.

Advertisement