Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Sale (Christmas, 2014 Edition)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

It's worth it - is that the full dlc one?

Not with dlc.
    I played the demo but was always in 2 minds about it.

I play cod4 from time to time and I always found what was really good about it was how clean you moved with your gun and aiming down the sight.
    I always felt with payday 2 I was carrying a lot of weight by the way I moved that's what turn my away from it.
    One other thing that really overly annoyed me was in your house you a shooting range. When you press a button on a wall the target resets but the actual targets don't ( the voice overhead talk as if reset) . This has never been fixed

Edit goty edition is -50%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i can see it going for even less at some point in the sales - the whole weight thing i love, the heavier the armour the slower you move - carrying bags adds to that etc.. i see it as an element of realism

But yeah, each to their own. Sure if it's cheap on sale, see for yourself. Works best with at least one buddy to play with to cut out the random boloxology that happens in pugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Hmmm, Door Kickers is on my wishlist....

I feel obligated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

bpb101 wrote: »
    I always felt with payday 2 I was carrying a lot of weight by the way I moved that's what turn my away from it.

Well, as Degrassinoel mentions, your movement will be slower depending on how much armor you wear, what weapon you're using, and any loot bags you might be carrying. But also, there are certain RPG elements and skill trees, so there are a few low tier skills that effect your movement speed, sprint speed, stamina and regen. Invest a few skill points and you can zip around the map quite fast, and even faster if you're wearing a suit.
    One other thing that really overly annoyed me was in your house you a shooting range. When you press a button on a wall the target resets but the actual targets don't ( the voice overhead talk as if reset) . This has never been fixed

The button was never meant to reset the targets in the first place, there are loads of those around the safehouse, pre-recorded messages on how different game mechanics works. They're working as intended. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Waiting for Skyrim legendary and divinity :OS to go -80%

I shall not falter! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

You'll be waiting a while for D:OS to get an 80% discount!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, max of 50% for Wasteland 2 and Divinity i'd say.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Looking for any decent co-op games. I'd had assumed in previous sale, Black OPs 2 was full co-op, more akin to matchplay with bots.

Payday 2 is excellent co-op, you get to rob banks, shoot cops and recreate your favourite scenes from Heat! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Cravez wrote: »
    I'd pick up the games you want if they are community/last day sales. I wouldn't worry about impulse buys as the prices aren't as good as usual.
    Ah don't worry, I know to wait. I'm glad South Park is currently 40% off, though, because that means there's a good chance it'll go below 50%.

• Advertisement

lads people were saying that Russian steam games and their unstable currency , games are a 5th of the price there. I was checking the Russian version of steam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

lads people were saying that Russian steam games and their unstable currency , games are a 5th of the price there. I was checking the Russian version of steam

Russian games are region locked and usally no english voices or text

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Rome 2 and Far Cry 3 was all I wanted really.

Rome @ 75% is good, will pick that up. Will wait for Far Cry to get a 75%.

Aside from that I'm just waiting on South Park which I reckon will go to 66% at some stage.

Yea, and Russians get paid in belly button fluff to match....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Personally I'm waiting for Borderlands 2 GoTY for €5 or around that number. The main game has been sold multiple times at or below the price but the DLC made it way too expensive but with a base price of €44.99 (yea right!) I'd need a 90% discount. Same goes with Batman Arkham Origins (the third one); being the worst of the three there's no way I'm paying 2x the game to the DLCs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nody wrote: »
    Personally I'm waiting for Borderlands 2 GoTY for €5 or around that number. The main game has been sold multiple times at or below the price but the DLC made it way too expensive but with a base price of €44.99 (yea right!) I'd need a 90% discount. Same goes with Batman Arkham Origins (the third one); being the worst of the three there's no way I'm paying 2x the game to the DLCs...

It's well worth the price they have it at now. Playing it at the minute, the GOTY edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Anybody interested in Dead State? That's the only game i'm watching really. Aside from that I may get Red Alert 3!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It's well worth the price they have it at now. Playing it at the minute, the GOTY edition.
    I don't doubt I'll enjoy it but I got plenty of games as is; if I'm going to add more they have to be at a better price (and as it's gone down to €10 at least twice previously I expect it will drop further now).

Also bought my first game in:
    Defense Grid: The Awakening - €1.34

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Borderlands 2 GOTY still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, as it doesn't even include all the DLC. The main quests dlc's are there, but not the extra characters. My own fault for buying it and not reading exactly what came with it, but still annoyed the hell out of me.

Great game to play with a friend though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Kiith wrote: »
    Borderlands 2 GOTY still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, as it doesn't even include all the DLC. The main quests dlc's are there, but not the extra characters. My own fault for buying it and not reading exactly what came with it, but still annoyed the hell out of me.

Great game to play with a friend though.

What extra characters? My version had the original four and two extra.

I cracked early and got state of decay!
    theres 8 of my 20e budget gone :(
    was hoping for kerbal or GoT ep1.
    might have to push the boat out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm hoping for kerbal tonight, dieing to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Just a quick question. I had to reset my Steam password and I'm logging in from a new computer. Is the lockout just a marketplace lockout?

Thinking about picking up CS, Terraria and maybe the Bit Trip Runner games during the sale and was wondering if this would have any effect on me making purchases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You used to have to reenter all your payment data after a password reset but could do purchases after that. I haven't had to do it in ages though, so it might have changed.

I'm hoping for kerbal tonight, dieing to play it.
    Kerbal usually goes to 14.99 or 12.99 i think. Could get lucky though!

C'monnnnn Skyrim Legendary for €3 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

nesf wrote: »
    You used to have to reenter all your payment data after a password reset but could do purchases after that. I haven't had to do it in ages though, so it might have changed.

I don't mind that, sure I only use pre pay credit cards for online payments, and that information has probably changed in the meantime. Just saw a list of lockouts on my profile (new device, password reset, stuff like that) and wasn't sure if that would effect buying anything.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I cracked early and got state of decay!
    theres 8 of my 20e budget gone :(
    was hoping for kerbal or GoT ep1.
    might have to push the boat out

State of Decay is a good game for that price though imo. I really enjoyed it,only thing its missing is MP

EoinHef wrote: »
    State of Decay is a good game for that price though imo. I really enjoyed it,only thing its missing is MP

The MP is in development. I think it will be called Class 4. The original title for State of Decay was Class 3.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Nothing there for me today. Pretty awful so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty crappy again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Nothing there for me today. Pretty awful so far.

Can I ask what exactly you're looking for?

Can I ask what exactly you're looking for?
    no ,no you cant :pac:

I want to give Valkyria Chronicles a go after hearing a lot of good things about it, but not right now. And Borderlands the Pre-Sequel's been on my wishlist a good while, but maybe in the summer I'll get it. Too much backlog yet.

Holding out for Wolfenstein at a decent price, or Mark of the Ninja.

Gal Civ III and Valkyria Chronicles are interesting me.

Ive wanted to play VC for years but have found it very underwhelming tbh. Just cant get into the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Waiting for Skyrim legendary and divinity :OS to go -80%

I shall not falter! :D

you can get it for around €7 here if you use this code
    WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE

Total War Master Collection is a pretty epic deal if you're starting out in the series. 75% off (€27.49). Daily Deal.

Looking at Shogun 2 at 66% off (€10.19). Don't know will it dip?

I have Medieval 2, Rome, Rome 2 and Empire. Medieval 2 was by far the most enjoyable to me.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ive wanted to play VC for years but have found it very underwhelming tbh. Just cant get into the world.

That worries me as well, which is what's stopping me on buying it immediately. Gal Civ needs lots of work from what I've read but it's supposed to be at that stage but again, wondering if the discount is big enough yet.

Gal Civ looks horribly unpolished for me, not interested at all in it. Shame as Civilisation in space sounded cool. Looks like a rush job though I could be wrong.

Edit - thought you meant Civ: Beyond Earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Links234 wrote: »
    Holding out for Wolfenstein at a decent price, or Mark of the Ninja.
    How about Wolfenstein at€13.60 from GMG
    Just use the voucher
    WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Gal Civ looks horribly unpolished for me, not interested at all in it. Shame as Civilisation in space sounded cool. Looks like a rush job though I could be wrong.

Edit - thought you meant Civ: Beyond Earth.

Well I liked Gal Civ II quite a lot. I've a fair amount of faith that the game will launch in a decent enough state and they've a good enough history for patching things up to standard if it isn't. But yeah, right now it's very much what beta used to mean 10 years ago not what beta means today.

Skerries wrote: »
    you can get it for around €7 here if you use this code
    WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE
    €8.16 it seems. Still cheapest around!

That's my Christmas gone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

TW Emp edition the 1st one bought.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is currently going for €3.99

It's kinda tempting me but what would it be like dipping into for someone who hasn't played the metal gear series since the PS1 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

It's kinda tempting me but what would it be like dipping into for someone who hasn't played the metal gear series since the PS1 :o

It's completely different and a standalone game, it stars Raiden who was in the second game and is totally action based with little of the stealth aspect of the full series
    if you have played Vanquish, Devil May Cry or Bayonetta you will know what to expect

Lads does anybody know of some open world games with guns and its is modern(as it not laser guns but not swords)
    dont paying 60 quid for farcry 4
    Ive played(have)
    gta iv
    Mafia 1+2
    Far cry 3
    la noire

watch dogs looks a bit deer and not worth it from reading the reviews.
    I really like the mafia games
    Any suggestions

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fallout 3 or new Vegas maybe ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The story went from quirky action flick to out and out nonsense a long time ago so the plot doesn't matter and anyway this game goes out of its way to be very tongue in cheek with how awful the story is. You don't play it for the plot but more so to enjoy the awesome battle system and laugh at the game having a go at itself.

Skerries wrote: »
    It's completely different and a standalone game, it stars Raiden who was in the second game and is totally action based with little of the stealth aspect of the full series
    if you have played Vanquish, Devil May Cry or Bayonetta you will know what to expect

Never played any of those really. I guess I'm wondering if it was a standalone plot, or would I have had to have played the other games in the series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Just brought Castle Crashers there for €1.19! Looks like a good game by looking at the reviews.

Advertisement