Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projects

Options
  • 08-11-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Does anybody know where I can download free designs and projects on the web? Any good sites, bit of time on my hands so might as well try do something usefull (hopefully)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

I done alot of looking when I was planning on making a babys craddle - have a look- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055868811 - i have a few links in the thread of websites i looked up

Anyway I found it hard to get anything free, ended up finding a few ideas and approx sizes from websites and made my own plans for it.

What are you thinking of making?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭centre half

I'm really not sure what to make? I'm open to anything

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭TheGrump

If you are just looking for ideas then check out lumberjocks.com It has loads of projects and blogs

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Hey.

Tons of plans and ideas here at plenty levels. They haven't copped onto the superiority of the metric system though I'm afraid.

http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Google Buildeazy some nice projects and free plans.
    North West

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

I'm really not sure what to make? I'm open to anything

start with something like a basic coffee table. design it to your own spec. pick an already available design change it to suit you and try and make it with traditional joints that are visable. something simple that is well made will give you the confidence to start making up your own designs. dont forget to keep challenging yourself.

Advertisement