Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay lean, build muscle

Options
  • 10-11-2015 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭

I'm in relatively decent shape but have slipped on the junk food a bit over the last month. I've tidied up my diet considerably.

Anyone got any advice on anything I should remove from the below? I lift weights 3-4 times a week. Very little to no cardio. Weigh around 75-80kgs usually. 6ft tall.

Breakfast @ 7am:
    Smoothie:
    400ml of water
    35 grams of powdererd oats
    40 grams of whey protein.
    Tea spoon of flax seed

Morning snack 11am.
    Banana + apple.

Lunch. 1pm
    Wholemeal Brown bread sandwich with beef/turkey/chicken.

Afternoon meal 3.30pm
    Smoothie:
    30grams of casein protein
    30grams of natural greek yoghurt
    Handful of frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
    One floret of brocolli
    One floret of caulliflower
    Two brussel sprouts
    Fist of mixed leaves (Kale, spinach, beetroot)
    150ml of Almond Milk
    30grams of cashew nuts
    50ml of orange juice

Dinner 5.30pm
    Sweet potato
    Carrots
    Meat (usually pork, beef, chicken, turkey)
    Small bit of gravy

I usually workout around 6.30pm.
    On workout days, after workout I have a 30g Whey protein shake

Night time snack 9.30pm
    200ml of low fat milk
    30grams of casein protein.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you put it into MyFitnessPal you'll have a picture of what's what as regards the diet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

There's nothing wrong with your diet as long as your getting results and your enjoying what your eating

I need to add there's no need to have multiple feedings unless that's what you really enjoy doing

I personally prefer the if it fits your macros approach and intermittent fasting but each to there own

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Thanks folks. I go for the 5-6 meals a day mainly just because I don't have time during work to eat everything at once haha.

I also drink a cup of green tea a day and about 4 litres of water. I always read about carbs and "water weight" and such, so is drinking so much water advisable?

I took creatine when I first starting working out about 2 years ago, is it advisable to still take it now and again? 5g a day maybe? I found myself constantly going for a whizz!

Advertisement