Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Cullen resigns....

Options
  • 08-03-2010 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭

Martin Cullen has announced his resignation from the Dail and the Cabinet as a result of a neck problem.

First case of a Fianna Failer suffering such a complaint....ever....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Ya. Neck like a jockys bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Hopefully a few more will follow, for they all have necks on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Bolag_the_2nd

arts, sports and tourism, how much did he squander in his time in the dail, sick of the whole lot of them to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What kind of neck problem? I'm reluctant to joke about it if he's on the way out.. the only thing worse than a politician is being haunted by their ghost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's a deteriorating back condition arising out of his involvement in a serious car accident some years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Each one brings us closer to a general election!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Nothin that a bitta Brasso wouldnt be able to sort out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Each one brings us closer to a general election!

Pretty much what i was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

The terms "rats" and "sinking ship" keep coming into my mind.

Not saying all politicians are rats, I haven't been a member here long enough to be THAT cynical, just... it keeps coming into my mind. Is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

its harneys turn now with her bandy wrist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Good riddance to the little bollix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

exaisle wrote: »
    Martin Cullen has announced his resignation from the Dail and the Cabinet as a result of a neck problem.

First case of a Fianna Failer suffering such a complaint....ever....

They all should have neck problems...........from dancing the Tyburn jig. Ba*tard's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

One more gone shortly, the rest to go soon hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Dont like to see anyone resign due to health, he's still human

But I'd fcuking love to see them all gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,932 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Don't normally speak ill of those who are suffering but I'm glad to make an exception, Good riddens to the smug bollox, his neck has been stretched for quite some time, when will the rest go?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Neck problem me arse, did you see him on the news walking with a cane ? He didn't have that toy out a few weeks ago.

Fact of the matter is Cullen was due to be dropped at the next reshuffle as he has long been considered a liability to the party. He himself also wanted to go but not because of a neck problem- it's because under statute of limitations he only has about 18 months left to sue the Indo/Evening Herald for libel for the same reasons Monica Leech did. Now Cullen's no thicko and he realises that fighting a 2012 election whilst having a High Court libel case running at the same time just don't match.

So he is basically retiring so he can bring a libel case against IN&M. Now Monica Leech got a payout of 1.9 million just a short while back on the same claim- as Cullen is way more well known than her you can expect a record payout in the Four Courts of somewhere north of 3 million for dear old Martin. That, coupled with his 140,000 severance pay and an annual ministerial pension of 100k should see him right for retirement indeed.

This country just beggar's belief. He's a bumbling idiot who never did a clever days work in his life yet he will be retiring with millions in the bank
    account :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

Lenihan has bleedin pancreatic cancer and you don't see him bottling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭donkey balls

sure in another few years one of his kids might run in the gen elections to keep the dynasty going probely along with lenihan/coughlan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

We should have a poll on this thread so that we can e-vote how we feel about the little revenue wasting bollix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Tweedle dum will be replaced with tweedle dee in the reshuffle

Who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Tweedle dum will be replaced with tweedle dee in the reshuffle
    QFT, sadly 100% accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I coulda told him his spine was lacking years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jerry2623

I presume he can now concentrate his time in taking the state for another half a million by suing RTE for the hurt they caused him and his family a couple of years ago. So between Pensions and everything else the state will provide a plenty for another Loyal FF family for many years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

To be honest, as long as the incompetent ****ehawk Mary Coughlan is still in government, it doesn't matter who resigns. She's got to be the most embarrassing TD in the history of the state. Ah feic it. They're all embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

RATM wrote: »
    Neck problem me arse, did you see him on the news walking with a cane ? He didn't have that toy out a few weeks ago.

Fact of the matter is Cullen was due to be dropped at the next reshuffle as he has long been considered a liability to the party. He himself also wanted to go but not because of a neck problem- it's because under statute of limitations he only has about 18 months left to sue the Indo/Evening Herald for libel for the same reasons Monica Leech did. Now Cullen's no thicko and he realises that fighting a 2012 election whilst having a High Court libel case running at the same time just don't match.

So he is basically retiring so he can bring a libel case against IN&M. Now Monica Leech got a payout of 1.9 million just a short while back on the same claim- as Cullen is way more well known than her you can expect a record payout in the Four Courts of somewhere north of 3 million for dear old Martin. That, coupled with his 140,000 severance pay and an annual ministerial pension of 100k should see him right for retirement indeed.

This country just beggar's belief. He's a bumbling idiot who never did a clever days work in his life yet he will be retiring with millions in the bank
    account :mad:

I wish I could say that I think you are being very cynical but sadly I think you have hit the nail on the head there. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

He can now start the libel court case over the whole Monica Leech thing against the sindo and rté.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Jicked

I met him in New York this time last year, his back certainly hadn't deteriorated at the time. He was staying the same hotel as I was, had a chaffeur driven car bringing him to the airport (and presumably picking him up from there too), spent a lot of the weekend in the bar of the hotel or smoking outside. His reason for being in New York? When I asked him he informed me the NY Yankees were opening their stadium, which meant Minister Cullen had to be there for opening day. Tickets were costing thousands of dollars. Minister Cullen also attended on the second and third days of the stadium being open. The complete and utter pr!ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Minister for health - Mary Harney

And people wonder why the country is Fcuked!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mona Lott

I always thought he was a spineless fecker! ....sure he had more PR launches of this Transport 21 and other projects than the RNLI had in the past five years

Advertisement