Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The End is nigh!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

emo!! wrote: »
    Im off work tomorrow, so lalala im going to enjoy my last day before i die! cant get much better than that!

I reckon not dying would be better, but its up for debate :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

antodeco wrote: »
    I reckon not dying would be better, but its up for debate :pac:

I Know, I know!! but I'm just trying to look at the bright side of things yanomean:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I Know, I know!! but I'm just trying to look at the bright side of things yanomean:D

Isnt a black hole the polar opposite of the bright side?

No need to get techincal:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I just think of it as a cosmic hoover.

Anyone up for an end of the world party on booterstown strand tomorrow night? I'll bring the barbeque. The BGRH lads can ransack a pub and bring a hundred kegs of fine beer and some wimmens, and film forum folk can steal a cinema projector and a screen. I've got a copy of darkplace we can watch aswell. :pac:

• Advertisement

Daddio wrote: »
    I just think of it as a cosmic hoover.

Anyone up for an end of the world party on booterstown strand tomorrow night? I'll bring the barbeque. The BGRH lads can ransack a pub and bring a hundred kegs of fine beer and some wimmens, and film forum folk can steal a cinema projector and a screen. I've got a copy of darkplace we can watch aswell. :pac:

Yeah, cos I'm going to spend my last night on Earth with all you losers :rolleyes:

Yeah, cos I'm going to spend my last night on Earth with all you losers :rolleyes:

We all know you really want to , don't lie

We all know you really want to , don't lie

Am I that obvious :o

Am I that obvious :o

yes, yes you are

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Goys everyone knows the world ended when house prices starting dropping last year.

It's all about the future now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

FFS, I've a hospital appointment Wednesday. What a boring way to spend my last day on Earth :mad:
    Ah well, planet Earth is shite anyway, it deserves to be destroyed.

Crackpot doomsday prophet > Well respected and knowledgeable scientists

Goys everyone knows the world ended when house prices starting dropping last year.

Oh noes, Daid McWilliams!!! Who let this gobshite on the internet? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I think i'll sit back relax chill, on my roof, couple of cans ,some ho's, couple of tabs and watch it all go down the tube tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

ewj1978 wrote: »
    I think i'll sit back relax chill, on my roof, couple of cans ,some ho's, couple of tabs and watch it all go down the tube tbh.

You'll certainly look like a weirdo then when you have to go back inside because nothing is going to happen.

As soon as I saw a link to the Daily Mail, I facepalmed in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Numina wrote: »
    Just happened to be the first Google result I got.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/15/science/15risk.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/sep/08/particlephysics.physics

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7600966.stm

Loads more news agencies reporting, although it's bollóx tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Daddio wrote: »
    The BGRH lads can ransack a pub and bring a hundred kegs of fine beer. :pac:

Not a chance if the Dodgy Pub Practices thread is to be believed. It'll be a mixture of drip tray slops, Tesco own-brand vodka, unsold re-capped bottles and quite possibly sweat that's dripped off some crooked barmen, all sloshed together and funnelled into a keg for returning to Diageo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

If there was any chance in hell of this happening, I think the worst part would be four years of people saying "I told you so". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Numina wrote: »
    You'll certainly look like a weirdo then when you have to go back inside because nothing is going to happen.

No with the amounts of drink and drugs in my system i'll watch it in my minds eye...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

ah well i had fun lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

who knows maybe when we get sucked into a black whole we will end up in a parrallel universe. now that would be fun i would have to meet parrallel me.

Chances are that the parrallel you would be the opposite sex...would you do them? Serious answers only please.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Parsley wrote: »
    If there was any chance in hell of this happening, I think the worst part would be four years of people saying "I told you so". :pac:

Imagine all the threads that would be started on it.
    Chances are that the parrallel you would be the opposite sex...would you do them? Serious answers only please.

Yeah, I would defo do the female version of you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Not a chance if the Dodgy Pub Practices thread is to be believed. It'll be a mixture of drip tray slops, Tesco own-brand vodka, unsold re-capped bottles and quite possibly sweat that's dripped off some crooked barmen, all sloshed together and funnelled into a keg for returning to Diageo.
    Gets you drunk quickly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Can we ban the first 'I told you so' person?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Can we ban LHC threads? Until it actually destroys us then we can talk about it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

dsmythy wrote: »
    Can we ban LHC threads? Until it actually destroys us then we can talk about it.

+ one hundred bazillion squillion... million

There must be loads of these now! Merge at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Apparently the world is going to end in 2012 and Englands Olympic hosting is just a big cover up so they can build a huge nuke or something that will destroy us all....
    I believe there are some threads about that here somewhere

lol how typical that the Brits finally get the Olympics and the world gets destroyed on the same day.

Anyway way i see it, let's embrace this event, at least we'll be more comfortable when it happens and won't be as scared when our guts are sucked through our skulls when we go through the blackhole.

Oh and these guys who built this so called device Haydron Collider? is it possible that on the day before it's turned on,the Rapture will happen. I mean if anyone's going to destroy the world, God will. He'll proberly want to get there first

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

T'will be grand Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

An Fhile wrote: »
    + one hundred bazillion squillion... million

There must be loads of these now! Merge at least?

All the threads will swallow the black holes and we'll be ok until the next tragedy in the making.

Advertisement