Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Cullen resigns....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

exaisle wrote: »
    Martin Cullen has announced his resignation from the Dail and the Cabinet as a result of a neck problem.

First case of a Fianna Failer suffering such a complaint....ever....

i can't help but laugh at this sissy, he has a pain in his neck and retires, whereas brian lenihan is still working despite having pancreatic cancer, which will kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

genericguy wrote: »
    i can't help but laugh at this sissy, he has a pain in his neck and retires, whereas brian lenihan is still working despite having pancreatic cancer, which will kill him.

By all accounts Cullen is now in intense physiotherapy just so he can walk around.
    I have no doubt that it will die down once he gets therapy and stays off his feet, but he needs to be able to rest, and he can't do that in the Dail.
    I wouldn't call it anything as simple as a pain in the neck.

Probably for the best that he's gone though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Let me see...

* I've worked as a TD for nearly all my life, worked in government office for decades, worked for my community for the same time, my family and friends know me and my reputation.
    * I suspect that I'm about to be given the boot from my current office and replaced. I'm getting on in age, have stacked up the pensions and benefits. I will get a pay-off in the hundreds of thousands lump sum too.
    * I want my record to show that I gave up public role myself as to close such a record as being seen to be "fired" will not aid my reputation, status and family history record.
    * I have ill-health. I wonder can I use that reason to excuse myself from the present government predicament and save face?

I wonder... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I wish I could say that I think you are being very cynical but sadly I think you have hit the nail on the head there. :mad:

Yeah I know mate- I wish it was cynical myself but sadly it's not.

His statement in January that his treatment in the media was like 'waking up every day and being raped'. was indicitive of his libel plans- no-one would claim that he didn't get a rough ride by the media but using the word rape?

That statement was a marker to the media over what is to come shortly. And seeing as Monica Leech has already won her libel case for the exact same allegations then the media better arrive at Cullen's libel case with large blank chequebook. He's going to have one hell of a pay day on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Martin Cullen resigns.... and Al-Qaeda plot to kill the Danish cartoonist discovered in Waterford.
    Hmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Somehow I doubt that he spent any time on a trolley whilst in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

They're dropping like flies!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

exaisle wrote: »
    Martin Cullen has announced his resignation from the Dail and the Cabinet as a result of a neck problem.

First case of a Fianna Failer suffering such a complaint....ever....

nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Ironic to think that a FF person resigns over a matter that potentially shows they have a back bone, even if it is a fecked up one.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

many the poor fecker suffering a back injury from a car accident have been told it is all in your mind, i bet he has not heard that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Alessandra wrote: »
    They're dropping like flies! Fleas

Fixed.

Advertisement