Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would I get an M12 expanding bolt?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

So I got an SDS drill for €100 and it came with a few different bits and a and a metal case. It made short work of drilling through the wall, only to discover its a made from cavity blocks:( so I can't use the m12 on it.

I'm having a rethink as to my options, but I will be going back up to Chadwicks on Monday to get more M12s, and Ill take it from there.
    And Z, once this yoke is secure, you're more than welcome to borrow the drill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jeez it's like other folk are having the same drilling problems this weekend too.

Haha, your man needs an sds drill, I feel his pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

So I got an SDS drill for €100 and it came with a few different bits and a and a metal case. It made short work of drilling through the wall, only to discover its a made from cavity blocks:( so I can't use the m12 on it.

Even on cavity blocks there are portions of it solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Even on cavity blocks there are portions of it solid.
    Unfortunately, you will most likely have the cavity looking like a tea strainer trying to find the vertical centre of the block.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

dodzy wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you will most likely have the cavity looking like a tea strainer trying to find the vertical centre of the block.

Or explode the entire block by over-tightening.

Its in, and it aint coming out!!

My tools :
    1. SDS Drill - McQuillans Caple st €100
    2. 20mm SDS drillbit Chadwicks Thomas Street €10
    3. A fair few ruined m12s
    4. The one that worked was from all metal fastners in Finglas, which had to have the normal bolt swapped out for a allen key head bolt.
    5. 50 cent to superglue over the allen key bolt, cause it came up to high and couldnt smack the provided cap down over it.

Now I just have to get some crane chain, to keep the bike a bit away from the front wall, stop passers bye havin a nosey.

It may seem a tad on the expensive side, just to drill a hole, but it was never going to get the better of me :D and now I have some kick ass tools!

IMrX95Zl.jpg

Zascar, if you want me to get you the same m12 and lend you the few bits and pieces you're more than welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

1. 50 cent to superglue over the allen key bolt, cause it came up to high and couldnt smack the provided cap down over it.

You could have glued it in the right way up. :pac:

You could have glued it in the right way up. :pac:
    There's always one!

Advertisement