Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The YooToob thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ah man, I just won that in auction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Tallon wrote: »
    Why would you resist that many Police?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e14_1349084099

WARNING [Some blood]

That reminds me of this video:

"Should we stop for him?"

"Nah, Fúck that, guy is crazy!"

Jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Dartz

"Should we stop for him?"

"Nah, Fúck that, guy is crazy!"

Jaysus

Poor GTR.

Probably should've stopped.... at a speed like that it could've been lethal. But then again.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The GTR seems to be attracting alot of retarded drivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

They went back

And it appears they were in a GTR too

GARDAI HAVE RELEASED footage to TheJournal.ie as part of their operation to reduce the number of accidents on Dublin’s roads.

The operation was launched yesterday in the hope of reducing the number of cyclists, pedestrians and motorcyclists that become casualties.

Research has shown that the months of October and November can prove particularly dangerous to road users.

http://jrnl.ie/619665

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

The speed of the R1 is rather inmpressive indeed.:D

"You okay?"

""Yeah, we're good" (flips pages to find the next turn)"

hahaha

• Advertisement

How to turn a girl on [NSFW]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Bawahahah ****in chirst dafuq.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Bigus wrote: »
    They went back

And it appears they were in a GTR too

Sheet of paper that appears at 0:28 in first video says "September 29, 2012, GT-R Run". What do you suppose that means?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Sheet of paper that appears at 0:28 in first video says "September 29, 2012, GT-R Run". What do you suppose that means?

It means they were on a GT-R run

if you can read that sheet that appears for a millisecond fair play,

but they could have being in any six cylinder car, after all there was a lotus on the run too.

Bigus wrote: »
    It means they were on a GT-R run

if you can read that sheet that appears for a millisecond fair play,

but they could have being in any six cylinder car, after all there was a lotus on the run too.

Oh.

A pootle in the countryside followed by a cream tea?

The driver of the 'camera car' did seem in a bit of a hurry, though, overtaking as he did on an incline just before a traffic circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

^^^^^^^^^^
    Worst blocking out of faces ever :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

ARGINITE wrote: »

I saw this on Sky News last night.

Just wondering something here.

If that power pole or wires had have impacted on any marshals and spectators and they were killed or badly injured,then who would be liable for their injuries,hospital bills and any compensation??

Would it be the WRC themselves or a 3rd party??

Thanks.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

paddy147 wrote: »
    I saw this on Sky News last night.

Just wondering something here.

If that power pole or wires had have impacted on any marshals and spectators and they were killed or badly injured,then who would be liable for their injuries,hospital bills and any compensation??

Would it be the WRC themselves or a 3rd party??

Thanks.:)

I would guess the WRC has public liability insurance for such an event.

• Advertisement

I watched episode 5 of the current series of Mad Men the other evening. The episode title is "Signal 30" which refers to the 1959 road safety film that one of the main characters, Pete Campbell, is required to watch as part of his driver training. "Signal 30" is police code for a fatal crash, and I gather it may still be in use.

The opening titles give a flavour of the approach the US authorities thought was appropriate 50 years ago, and for many years afterwards apparently: "nothing has been staged, these are actual scenes taken immediately after the accidents occurred." Nowadays we wouldn't dream of using such invasive shock tactics, or so I believe, and we rely instead on technical wizardry in attempt to produce more or less the same effect.

The original 27-minute film is available on YouTube, and has this Content Advisory notice attached:
    Historical driving safety film featuring numerous scenes of wrecked cars and injured / dead people. Produced in cooperation with the Ohio State Highway Patrol and shown to millions of young drivers for over 40 years. CONTENT ADVISORY: Many disturbing scenes of violent deaths and accident scenes; cries of crash victims on soundtrack. One of several Driver's Education films produced by Highway Safety Films, filmed at actual auto accident scenes and consisting largely of color closeups of mangled accident victims.
    Here's the first 6'50". If you are of a very nervous disposition do not watch it at all. If you are in any way squeamish, do not watch it beyond 6:00.

In the preceeding video, viewer discretion should've been advised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Dartz wrote:

Damn. Reminded me of the aftermath of an accident I came across on the Naas road about 20 years ago, car chopped in two by an artic after crossing over from the 'southbound' lane into a Dublin bound refrigeration tractor trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Dartz wrote: »

Jaysus, is that a pair of legs sticking up out of what remains of the car from 0:08 to the end of the video??

Also, what a bastard in the silver jeep, hope he got a long stretch for that lunacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

JCDUB wrote: »
    Jaysus, is that a pair of legs sticking up out of what remains of the car from 0:08 to the end of the video??

No. Looks like the headlining from the car.

JCDUB wrote: »

Also, what a bastard in the silver jeep, hope he got a long stretch for that lunacy.

Single Lady driver. With drunken husband egging her on.

Thought it was part of the alleged car's frame. That thing just disintegrated on impact.

• Advertisement

Dartz wrote: »

Which video exactly?

On the subject of YouTube crash videos, an awful lot of them seem to be from Russia.

Russia's roads are not the safest, that's for sure, with a fatality rate per 100,000 population around 4-5 times that of safer countries like the UK, Sweden and the Netherlands. Well over a third of fatalities are pedestrians.

But they also seem to use dash cams a lot more too. Maybe it's a legal defence thing...

About 14:00 GMT today you should see a man break the sound barrier live :D

Target launch now 5:30AM PT/12:30PM GMT on October 9th

A LIVE webcast of the Red Bull Stratos will be live streamed at http://youtube.com/redbull and http://redbullstratos.com

Red Bull Stratos is a mission to the edge of space that will try to surpass human limits that have existed for more than 50 years. Supported by a team of experts, Felix Baumgartner will undertake a stratospheric balloon flight to more than 120,000 feet / 36,576 meters and make a record-breaking freefall jump in the attempt to become the first man to break the speed of sound in freefall (an estimated 690 miles / 1,110 kilometers per hour), while delivering valuable data for medical and scientific advancement.

Should he be in a car for the purposes of this forum? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Now this is what ya call a close call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Which video exactly?

On the subject of YouTube crash videos, an awful lot of them seem to be from Russia.

Russia's roads are not the safest, that's for sure, with a fatality rate per 100,000 population around 4-5 times that of safer countries like the UK, Sweden and the Netherlands. Well over a third of fatalities are pedestrians.

But they also seem to use dash cams a lot more too. Maybe it's a legal defence thing...

They have discounts on insurance with dashcam, hence so many movies from there. Also bad roads, bad cars and bad attitude...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just about ready to launch now.

Hal1 wrote: »
    Just about ready to launch now.

Not anymore... :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

CianRyan wrote: »
    Not anymore... :(

Bollocks! What was it? Someone saw his own shadow, freaked and pulled the launch? I'm sure in Joseph Kittinger's day they wouldn't have cared. Did you know he had a hole in his glove and jumped anyway? Proper bloke he was.

Bollocks! What was it? Someone saw his own shadow, freaked and pulled the launch? I'm sure in Joseph Kittinger's day they wouldn't have cared. Did you know he had a hole in his glove and jumped anyway? Proper bloke he was.

Too windy, they're trying again tomorrow though.

Haha, yeah. His hand ended up swollen to double in size. Mental!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Didn't know about him, thanks for posting this.
    These days it is all about Health and Safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I was watching the second attempt. Apparently if winds are more than 2mph they wont do it! :eek:

Do they expect the wind at the edge of space to be a gentle breeze?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Youtube has some copyright issue with this video but liveleak has no such problems:
    Ferrari 458 - $250K, getting flogged by a BMW 3 series - Priceless!
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ac8_1349749284
    :)

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I was watching the second attempt. Apparently if winds are more than 2mph they wont do it! :eek:

They'd be waiting a while over here!
    salonfire wrote: »
    Do they expect the wind at the edge of space to be a gentle breeze?!

It's the take off that they're worried about but it does sound a little silly of them when you put it like that. Haha

shedweller wrote: »
    Youtube has some copyright issue with this video but liveleak has no such problems:

TURBOS!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

She's got some lift laaad!

On a similar note, MOT'd and road driven VW beetle, 9.95 second standing quarter. :D

http://podproductions.ie/

Peter O’Doherty of Pod Productions writes:

A short video I made of driving to [Dublin] Airport from Phibsborough with a mounted camera.

How fast was he actually driving? Judging by the number of cars passing on the left, he wasn't in any hurry to catch his flight... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

How fast was he actually driving? Judging by the number of cars passing on the left, he wasn't in any hurry to catch his flight... :D
    Could be in a small truck/van carrying a heavy load...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

On a similar note, MOT'd and road driven VW beetle, 9.95 second standing quarter. :D

There's a couple of Fiat 126's race in Santa Pod regularly come in under 10secs. ;)
    CiniO wrote: »

Fcuked if I'm watching all of that. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 GeneralDisorder

CiniO wrote: »

I feckin floored it Fintin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

Nah, just slower at getting busted! Link now dead.

Advertisement