Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII (PC)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Why is 'Bahamut Zero' even an achievement? I never used that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Because back in those days you had to guess the code or find out about it in a magazine. Now the code for it is readily available online, but I guess they still saw it as an achievement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You don't have to guess the code, you can work it out quite easily if you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You had to get it within a certain time on the mine cart no ?
    I didn't get it :P , did manage to kill the Weapons in the end though, had to grind and extra load though.
    Also , the Gold Chocobo you got was worse than the ones I bred myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Was there another way to get it? I don't remember a code or a mine cart... but I'm sure I had it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

This mod sounds like its better than this version. Its a bunch of mods packed together in a easy-ish installer. It includes looping mp3 files for the music. I doubt it would work with this newest release though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Convert the mp3's to looping .ogg files and rename them. Might work.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

^^^ Linkey no workey.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

'this%20mod' is not a valid link grimes, they usually start with http ;)

I think I might have used whatever that mod is before. One thing they do is replace the opening sequence with the PS3 tech demo and some of the music is from Crisis Core. The characters are all lifelike but the NPCs are awful. It gives the game a weird feel tbh.

• Advertisement

The only thing I'd mod would be the music. Just play it with the original creators artistic vision.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Same as myself. The graphics aren't that bad, and adding the Advent Children style characters looks stupid imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Apoligies, I added the link above and here too.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8915.0

The best things about it:
    • Mp3 music
    • Revamp of most of those awful blocky character models
    • Higher resolution backgrounds
    • OpenGL support

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Polar101

I played the PC version 'back in the day' and own the PS1 version - umm, how does this new PC version compare with the PS1 version?

Polar101 wrote: »
    I played the PC version 'back in the day' and own the PS1 version - umm, how does this new PC version compare with the PS1 version?

They fixed some typos but the translation is still dirt and the music is crap. However you can play it in higher resolution and with texture filtering.

The link I posted back with the original soundtrack is dead, so if anyone wants to get it you can get a torrent right here on Qhimm forums: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12787.msg187399#msg187399

It's just the original psf files converted to ogg, not a torrent for the game or anything.

Cloud saving is a ****. My saves keep getting corrupted on the cloud and when I try to resume my game on another machine the cloud ends up deleting them. Thankfully I've made about 10 different saves but it's such a stupid feature. I could do a better job with my own cloud on dropbox if it would let me, but there's no option to turn the cloud off or edit your saves locally from what I can see.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,465 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Have you tried trying to find where the saves are stored and simply copying them to your dropbox/USB drive?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

I've tried that but the cloud automatically changes what is in the save directory as soon as you start it up. If you copy paste a save into the save directory the cloud will automatically delete it. Even with wifi off it doesn't seem to let you do anything on your end. I found this out when I downloaded a late game save just to try it out. I've made about 3 or 4 different versions of my current save now just to be sure. I'm only at Wall Market so it's only an hour of progress, but I'm not replaying this game if it means starting from scratch constantly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,465 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Oh wow, I knew it would be a lackluster release but I never thought Square would mess it up this badly.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
Advertisement