Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due in February 2015!

• 12-06-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Delighted to be starting this thread - hope I will have more joining me soon!
    Estimated due date 17th Feb - havent been to Dr yet, but have appointment made. Have an almost 2yr old and a 13 yr old!
    Was part of the Due in July 2012 thread on here and it was a complete lifesaver!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 micecce

Can't believe I'm actually posting here... Still in shock but so excited!! Est due date is 12 of Feb but my cycles were very irregular so that could change! Havnt been to the doctor yet but going Monday! It still dosnt feel real cos I've had no symptoms! How are you feeling?

This is my first by the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Ah finally!!
    Congrats to you!!!
    I am feeling fine, didnt have morning sickeness with my little boy but did with my girl - so maybe its another boy. My boobs are a bit tender - i think i was six weeks last time when i started wearing a bra in bed for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sarahmk1982

Hi girls !! Due feb17th so excited, think we ve a lot in common silly , I've a nearly 2 year old and 10 year old

Congratulations to you both :D

Hi girls !! Due feb17th so excited, think we ve a lot in common silly , I've a nearly 2 year old and 10 year old

Congratulations to you both :D

Ah, and same due date too! Congrats to you!
    When are ye telling people? we told family at 10 weeks last time, but finding it very hard to keep it in this time - havent told anyone (except my boards.ie due in July 2012 girls) and my husband of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 micecce

We told immediate family as soon as we found out as my husband couldn't keep the secret! Will tell everyone else after the first scan at 12 weeks!

Was at the doctor this morning,taught he would of done another test but he didn't, he just checked blood pressure etc and gave me the letter to send to the hospital!
    Have you been to the doctor yet?

• Advertisement

I went to the Dr yesterday too. I thought she would take a urine sample (I thought they took one at every appointment last time) but she didnt, She just took blood and got me to sign the letter - she sends it to the hospital. I am going for the midwives clinic in the CUMH again this time - was fantastic the last time, had no problems whatsoever and hardly any waiting around in waiting rooms. i'd say it will be Aug before I get my first scan.

silly wrote: »
    Ah, and same due date too! Congrats to you!
    When are ye telling people? we told family at 10 weeks last time, but finding it very hard to keep it in this time - havent told anyone (except my boards.ie due in July 2012 girls) and my husband of course.

We've told immediate family already but will wait until 10/12 weeks to tell everyone else ! Off to doctor today :) how are u all feeling ? X

I feel grand! no pains or aches really apart from a few cramp type feelings on and off. How about ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm due on the 26th! I had my first back in July 2012, and as silly said, the boards thread for that was a lifesaver.

Hoping that this time will be smooth sailing, and I'll be less freaked out :)

Congratulations to all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi girls.
    We've just found out we're expecting baby no 2 on the 21 Feb. My little boy has just turned 11 months!! I am delighted but in shock. I hadn't gone back on the pill as I had some difficulties but we were being careful!! Ha! I'm tired and crampy but no sickness so far. I was on the Due July 2013 thread and found it great. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you girls. X
    Kash wrote: »
    I'm due on the 26th! I had my first back in July 2012, and as silly said, the boards thread for that was a lifesaver.

Hoping that this time will be smooth sailing, and I'll be less freaked out :)

Congratulations to all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Bomberino5

Hi all,
    I have just found out we're expecting our first and I'm guessing it'll be Feb 2015, have a doctors appoint,net made for next week, only getting my head around it. Super excited but also can't believe this time next year I'll be up to my eyes in baby paraphernalia, Eeks!

Haven't told anyone else except the hubby obviously. Wondering how I'm going to get around a work night out next Friday and a hen and wedding in a few weeks!

Any tips?

welcome girls and congrats to you both!

Bomberino - antibiotics is the likely choice for getting around the not drinking - but there will always be people that will see right past that! You could always not go in rounds, drink 7up or whatever and just let on there is vodka in it. Or at the wedding you could have 1/2 wine spritzers with the meal - just say that wine gives you headaches?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 5unlover

Hey silly ur post made me laugh cause I am the same position as u I have a 17mt old.i just realised yesterday I was pregnant was at the doc today 2confirm.i am 43 so I having my scan wen mor.a big surprise.due date around 5ft of February.will know better on wen after the scan

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Hi Ladies, can I join you? due 3rd Feb, we have a 21mth DD and I am hoping to go to MLU in Drogheda, no real sickness a such just tired, hope you are all keeping well.

Hi trishka it's sounds like u will have ur hands full. Just like me congrats.my little is 17mts very active.he will going true the terrible 2s when fingers crossed the new baby arrives

My little man is going through these terrible 2's - I must warn ye. Its NOT PRETTY.

Hey guys got my scan done today. All went well nearly 8wks.due date 8th of February.so cause I am 43 I have to have blood test and second scan with in the next 5 and half wks.its along wait and worry but hopefully will go ok

Glad all was ok 5unlover. I dont have my first scan until Aug......dying waiting...

Mine isn't until August either, seems like an age away! Morning sickness has started in earnest this week, except it is mid-afternoon, early evening sickness, and strong smells are really setting it off. I can smell my little one's nappy from across the house! Hmm, wonder if this means I can get daddy to change and wash all of the stinky nappies?!! ;)

Good Luck with that Kash - let us know how that goes, might try it myself!

• Advertisement

Ladies, any of you really suffering from fatigue at the mo? i'm really floored the last few days, lightheaded when I wake in the morning, constant need to graze and napping at every opportunity but even after a goodish sleep last night the thoughts of having to find the energy to get into the shower and wash my hair had me early in tears. I'm taking the pregnacare vitamins and eating fairly good plenty of beef etc but think I will ring the DRs in the morning see if she can fit me in to check blood pressure etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

I can't tell if my constant sleepiness and non-stop yawning is actually just the result of the massive reduction in coffee intake!

Knackered, Trishka, no energy whatsoever. It doesn't help that I'm waking up 5 times a night to pee and can't ever seem to nap.
    I was the same in the first trimester last time, it eased off a bit around week 14/15 for me. But always worth going to the doc if you are in any way worried.

Clartharlear, that must be so hard! I was never a coffee drinker, but my hubby is a big fan and just doesn't function properly without it!

Hi Kash, yes have a 21 month old as was tired the last time but not 100% sure if I was just SOOO tired/light headed, and yes it took to weeks15/16 for it to lift too, everyone kept telling me at week 12 when go into 2nd trimister the tiredness would lift but took the extra few weeks. clartharlear have been on decaf tea and coffee since finding out I was pregnant and do think the initial tiredness was caffine withdrawal but that did lift a couple of weeks ago. Toddler napping now so think I will try have a wee nap X

I am completely shattered too - and starving at around 11 every day - I used to be fine from breakfast to lunch, but lately I cant concentrate with the hunger pains so have to bring snack to work. And we dotn need extra calories I dont think and if we do I think its only minimal - like a banana or something...i can feel the weight piling on already and my clothes are tight..
    My doc asked me to go back for more blood tests but i have yet to make the appointment. I will try and get into her this week as I am having some breathing problems that are annoying me...

Hi Silly hope you get the appointment with Dr soon, have appointment tomorrow morning, had hoped to be seen Monday or Tuesday but all booked up at 9 on Monday morning, have to say fatigue wasn't eased at all although not quite as light-headed as last week, sitting here surfing and should be doing loads of housework, house a tip at mo but just cant motivate myself to delve into it, maybe a chocolate bar may give me the extra energy needed:)

I haven't had so much as a twinge of nausea so far - I thought morning sickness should have hit by now?

Some people never suffer with it at all. I had it very mild last time, and I think it only happened because of the Pregnacare vits I was taking. How many weeks are you?

I just get nausea in the evenings and some foods i normally like i am gone completely off - like spuds. but i think if someone else made them i might like them...its wierd.

Had a dr appointment for yesterday as one of the girls at work is on jury duty so i couldnt take the time off. - the next available appointment is the 16th!!!

• Advertisement

The morning (all day) sickness is getting worse, and really getting me down - I'm struggling to concentrate at work with it and it's even waking me up in the morning :( Fingers crossed it passes soon!

I'm only 7 weeks, and I heard that morning sickness peaks between weeks 6-12. So plenty of time yet for it to come on! But I've heard morning sickness is from all the pregnancy hormones and getting it bad is actually linked to a healthier baby at the end of it all! So having no nausea at all sort of worries me... Sure we're probably all looking for things to worry about...

I'm feeling a bit sicker lately too. and alot of foods turn my stomach - like ham.
    Anybody have tight pants syndrome? i do. i look fat - not saying i was skinny to begin with but i cant seem to hide this bulge of fat..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 29Chicky

Hi all looks like I'm joining too:)
    Bit shocked at first but pure delighted now that I've my head around it.
    Was also part or the july 2012 thread and like the girls said it was a godsend and still is!!

Was with nurse today and reckon I might be around 7or8 weeks . Been feeling fairly good ....tired nauseous, sore boobs, and a bit emotional but they're all good signs I guess.
    Congrats to all on here:) Hope ye are all doing well

Feeling amazing today after a week of nausea and just sleeping constantly ! Even drove home mid working day and back to have a nap !

Hopefully this is the end of it ! Its great to feel 'normal' again LOL

9 weeks Monday :)

Hope you are all well!

Welcome Chicky and congrats - delighted to be going through this journey with you and Kash again!

Sarah, did your employers let you go home for a nap? Sounds devine!
    I am officially wearing my lycra type bras now - the comfort - omg. Got them in heatons - they have padding etc, and really comfortable...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I was in the February 2014 group and looks like I'm back for the February 2015 group!! Found out that I'm pregnant again a few weeks ago and was totally shocked as my little boy is only 5 months old and we were using condoms with military precision :eek: Was delighted once we got our heads around it though, it took us over 2 years of trying and obsessive charting etc to conceive number 1 and now number 2 is coming against all contraceptive barriers :D Had my scan today and got my due date of Feb 5th which will be 2 days before my little boys first birthday..... Interesting times ahead!

I had some complications with eclapmsia the last time but was lucky to find pregnancy enjoyable otherwise. I'm a bit tireder this time around (no wonder) but they're going to monitor me closely so hopefully it'll be plain sailing :) I was afraid that the midwives might give out to me for being pregnant again so soon but they didn't bat an eyelid, they just said "ah you'll be grand sure they'll rear each other. And it'll all be fresh in your memory!" and sent me on my merry way.

Congrats to all ye other ladies!

wow congrats Mrspostman! Irish Twins! it will be fantastic having 2 so close - they will be best buds sure and like the midwives said - they'll rear eachother!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mares88

hey girls. I had hoped to be joining yee. had my 1st In october 2013 and at the mo have an edd of 13feb 2015. However last night I noticed blood :( it wasnt free flowing but when I wiped it was there and then I could find more. this morning there was nothing but when I got to work a bit of mucus n brown blood. im terrified. im lucky as I have an early scan this afternoon as I had mc before. please keep fingers crossed for me

Best of luck Mares88 - i hope the scan goes well. Fingers crossed for you Xx

Hope all went ok at scan today mares88 .fingers crossed xx

• Advertisement

Cobgrats mrspostman:) they will be great company for each other! !

Anyone else feeling the aches and pains in their tummy area already? Not painful but you Would be aware of them?
    Bit nervous as I have three work functions that I can't back out of this wknd . Have myself convinced that the mini pains/aches are telling me to slow down.

hey girls! all ok. little heart beat good & strong! will have 2under 16 months! let the mayhem commence!

Mares88 wrote: »
    hey girls! all ok. little heart beat good & strong! will have 2under 16 months! let the mayhem commence!

Great news:)

Mares88 wrote: »

Great news:)

That's great to hear mares :D

How are ye all feeling???
    I have finally told all my family. Telling my brother was fairly hard as him and his wife have tried unsucessfully to concieve with about 10 years - and its heart breaking for them to have so many friends and family having children.

I'm feeling fine these days - i still dont feel very pregnant - except for the expanding belly. i'm still in the "is she after putting on a few pounds?" phase. Hard to hide the bump at work.

We haven't told anyone yet other than my OHs parents (we need them to babysit for hospital appointments etc so had to tell them) I'm due to be a bridesmaid for a wedding in september and I'm hoping to be able to conceal it til then. I'm still losing weight after having my little boy so I'm praying it will work in my favour :D To be honest, I hate telling people as I LOATHE being fussed over and asked how I am all the time! I hear you about your brother, I have a family member who has been trying for a few years now and I'm dreading telling them this time around. I was that soldier myself so I know how it feels when everyone is getting pregnant around you :(

Symptoms-wise I still have the nausea on and off along with food aversion. I've also been getting sudden bouts of tiredness, I could be fine for a week and then all of a sudden I'll have 2 days of complete exhaustion. Cannot wait for the second trimester boost :pac: I'm here now trying to make up a cleaning rota, I have a back problem that really flares up during pregnancy so I need to try and keep on top of things little by little or else I'll end up swamped!

I really feel for you having to tell your brother and SIL, but i'm sure they will adore your new arrival. I've told both sets of parents now, as I had to explain to my Mum why I was running to the loo every few minutes in A&E (i was there with my DD who is fine now) and of course, couldn't tell one without the rest.

Have lost nearly a stone since I got pregnant (why I couldn't do that BEFORE, i'll never know ;) )

I get the occasional cramp, but i think it's just my expanding uterus - there's been no other signs of anything wrong. Still, I don't think I'll relax into the pregnancy until my scan - 3 weeks away!

Im also trying to hide mine until sept if I can until 18-19 weeks! Im only back to work a month after baby number one! Eek!

• Advertisement
Advertisement