Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Llambert you are definitely not a whingebag with all you are going through away from your home environment, even without hormones coming into play it is a highly stressful and emotional time for you. Cry away. The uncertainty and waiting must be very difficult. I spent lots of time with my second pregnancy in hospital being prodded and poked and even though the nurses were nice and sweet, for me it was hell. So I have every sympathy for you in there you poor thing.

On the upside, you are obviously getting excellent care and monitoring so if the doctor is in any doubt, those babbies will be whisked to safety in minutes. My first section was a dramatic emergency one following a race to casualty, but the doctors were so in control of the situation from the word go, there was never anything for me to worry about and it felt like it was all over in minutes. Your doc sounds like he has every angle covered which is great.

Thoughts and prayers going your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Thanks morebabies. I know I'm in the best place when I'm been rational but definitely wasn't that earlier.

I think like you said its the uncertainty of it all. Terrified that I'll have this massive bleed. I know that I'd be in safe hands here but the thoughts of been knocked out and hubby not here is a scary prospect. But that's the worst case scenario. At end of the day once these are safe doesn't matter how they're born.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Oh llambert you poor thing. Moan away that's what we are here for!

I know its tough but you are in the best place for u and those 2 little muffins. At least your doctor has all the angles covered as morebabies said.

How are you feeling today llambert? Hope you're ok. Please vent here if you're not feeling great.

staticdoor-just wondering when your next appt is? Mine is this Thursday coming. I have a strong feeling i won't make it to whatever date they give me for my section though (that'll be some time after 6th aug), number 1, my bump looks like it's going to explode, number 2, I'm getting very strong braxton hicks and pressure, nothing regular just strong, on and off.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

morebabies wrote: »
    How are you feeling today llambert? Hope you're ok. Please vent here if you're not feeling great.

staticdoor-just wondering when your next appt is? Mine is this Thursday coming. I have a strong feeling i won't make it to whatever date they give me for my section though (that'll be some time after 6th aug), number 1, my bump looks like it's going to explode, number 2, I'm getting very strong braxton hicks and pressure, nothing regular just strong, on and off.

Not in again till Aug 13th. And I'm due the 17th. I hope to jaysus I won't make it. I'm also fit to burst my tummy actually hurts from the stretching.
    I just want my body back :-)

• Advertisement

On back in Friday I'll be 38weeks. At my last appointment 36weeks I was like yeah I'll have had the baby before then.

Still no sign of her moving!

Bought myself a new bra today gotta say I'm loving one particular effect of pregnancy I've gone up a cup size with each one and stayed up!

Although considering it was a case of paracetemol on a ironing board before that it could only improve!

Hey girlies doing alot better today. Think I'm going to have a few bad days so when they come just going to sit here and eat loop de loops :-)

Kaylami you have the funniest expressions. Not much growth in my boobs yet but seen that I'm wearing soft crop top like bras since I got here I wouldn't know!! But bra on 2moro and real world clothes cos its my birthday :-) I going to enjoy the cake but told hubby I'm not actually changing age cos I'm stuck in here.

Hubby brought me in a fan today. Was ok up to last night but heat is killing me. Loving the fan now!!!

Hope everyone is doing well, all on the final countdown.........exciting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Hi ladies, I know I'm massively late to the party but can I join the thread? I am due the second week in Augudt and have been glancing at this thread but was too nervous to post in it until now - I have lost two previous pregnancies and so had been very cautious and superstitious about this but I have finally gotten off the worry wheel once I passed 36 weeks and I am now starting to get majorly excited. So I just wanted to say hello and thanks for letting me follow all your adventures to date, and here's hoping the next few weeks for all of us go really well.

Welcome to fiona-f and massive congratulations.

Sorry about your previous miscarriages but its great that you're after hitting the 36 wk mark. Yes its massively exciting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Oh loving my boobs as we'll kaylami, delighted to hear that they might stick around ha! I'm sure my fiancé will be delighted:)

Llambert, hope you enjoy your birthday, you deserve to be spoilt! Loop d loops are amazing, they're my daily treat!

Welcome on board Fiona-f, glad to hear this pregnancy is going well for you, sorry for your previous losses. Hope you can enjoy all the excitement over the next few weeks:)

Tried on a dress for a wedding coming up and went to pop on a pair wedges, toes wouldn't go near them, definitely in clown feet territory!! At least the dress fits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Ladypip July 31st Rotunda Surprise
    Kaylami Aug 8th Drogheda Girl
    llambert Aug 10th Galway Twin Surprise
    Morebabies Aug 13th-20th Castlebar Boy
    Dermighty Aug 13th Cork Surprise
    Shortstuff! Aug 15th Mullingar Surprise
    staticdoor71 Aug 17th Castlebar Boy
    emer_b Aug 22nd Limerick Girl
    Cameoette Aug 24th Coombe Girl
    Lucuma Aug 30th Cork Girl

Think this is the last version if you wanna add yourself Fiona-f?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Thank you ladies for the welcome, I've added myself below. Glad to see I'm not the only one who went for 'surprise' - most of my friends and family gound out the gender of their babies and I get the feeling some of then don't believe me when I say I don't know!

Ladypip July 31st Rotunda Surprise
    Kaylami Aug 8th Drogheda Girl
    llambert Aug 10th Galway Twin Surprise
    fiona-f Aug 10th Rotunda - surprise
    Morebabies Aug 13th-20th Castlebar Boy
    Dermighty Aug 13th Cork Surprise
    Shortstuff! Aug 15th Mullingar Surprise
    staticdoor71 Aug 17th Castlebar Boy
    emer_b Aug 22nd Limerick Girl
    Cameoette Aug 24th Coombe Girl
    Lucuma Aug 30th Cork Girl

Lambert - glad your feeling better loop due loops are excellent when your feeling down also may I suggest maxi twist and ferrero Roche! And happy birthday!

Fiona-f - your very welcome glad we didn't scare you off with our occasional rambling! Congrats to you!

I keep singing its the final count down to myself since my sister sent me a link. I want it to be in all your heads as well.

Cravings are kicking up a notch this week I must have gone through 2 bags of ice since yesterday....

wekcome fiona-f, you sound a bit like me, I've had previous miscarriages and up until very recently kept waiting for the rug to be pulled from under me if you know what I mean. I'm very excited now though and hoping my excitement drowns out the little voice in the back of my head that keeps saying "but what if...?"

So trying hard not to worry, and here's to hoping all our arms will be filled with healthy babies in the very near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Llambert you poor thing, next time your drop needs to be changed or you have to give a blood sample ask for a Reg or experienced nurse to do it. I think it's start of August all the new interns start in the hospitals (?) my doc friends told me before if you're ever in hosp around this time beware of interns, they're all brand newbies. I think you are more than entitled to say you've had a few painful experiences already and you only want needles inserted by experienced staff. Let the interns practice on somebody else! I'm 34 +5 heat is wicked....I bought a desk fan (17eur) for bringing to hosp and a stand fan for the house (25eur) in B&Q today, now I just have to get around to taking out stand fan & putting it together!!

New interns started here last week so I was the trial. Will definitely be asking for the reg though in fairness I have terrible veins. I look like a junkie between the line been moved and have to give blood 3 times a week :-(

Even though I'm stuck in here (day 10 but not counting....) had a lovely day been spoiled. Friends brought pressies and birthday cake. Got loads of cards and big bunch of flowers from hubby. I usually pick out my own present so think he thought flowers were safest!!

Facetimed my family down home. My cheeky 7 year old niece wanted to see my bump. Showed it to her and the witch asked me if I was sure there wasn't 3 babies in there. Nothing like the truth of a child.

Happy birthday llambert!

Children comments can be quite funny can't they.

I am in love with my fan - my husband better watch out.

I had another lovely day oh dyed my hair and painted my toe nails so I'm feeling gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Happy birthday Llambert! How nice that your bday will be so close to your babies' bday!

Oh yes Kaylami loving the fan too!!!!!

Sounds like u had a lovely day. Nice to be treating ourselves at this stage of the game.

Hoping to be allowed out again this wknd. Chemist across the road. Definitely need s colour in my hair. Not a hope of meeting these two with greys and look at them in photos forever. So vain!!!!

Not vain at all llambert!

My roots were pretty bad. At 24 I can admit I'm goin gray! I told oh that no pictures will be taken untill I'm fully made up and presentable - the pictures my mother has up after I had my eldest make me cringe so much!

• Advertisement

Lucuma you would think that but my husband is a July too so all our birthdays are going to be concentrated over a 3 week period.....expensive times ahead :-)

Well Kaylami at 34 :-() I can definitely say I'm going more than a touch of gray. The joys of have very dark brown hair!!

Mine is a lovely reddy purple at the minute but my god it's high maintenance and every time I wash it my bathroom looks like a murder scene.

My mam is always on at me "would you not have a nice normal colour?"

My rant for today every time I ring or text anyone they answer the phone going are you in labour? I've at the most 3 weeks left but its getting old fast. Baby will come when she is good and ready.

Have my 38 week appointment tomorrow and I have a horrible feeling baby may have turned breech. It was at this stage with my last she turned.

So how are all u ladies doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Happy birthday Llambert! Those interns sounds brutal. I know everyone has to learn at some point but nobody likes being the guinea pig. Hope you don't have to go through that again! Lucuma good to know that about interns starting in Aug.

Just turned 30 and am grey as a badger. Have hair appointment next week. Was going to leave it later but I've been cramping a lot so my family are freaking at me and told me to book my hair straight away lol. I'm not convinced I'll go early but hair is definitely overdue a sprucing-up.

Kaylami hope your apt goes well and baby isn't up to mischief!

36 weeks this coming weekend, no cramps today yet. If I didn't know any better yesterday I would have sworn I was getting my period. They were happening every 20 mins or so for an hour and a half and then disappeared as mysteriously as they arrived.

I'll be 37 weeks on Sunday. And SO over being pregnant now.

This heat is murdering me!

I've my youngest sisters 21st on Saturday. Thankfully it's just dinner she didn't want a party. But the thoughts of it. I've very little left that fits me and I refuse to buy anything with 3 weeks to go. Might go in my jammies.

Must dye my hair too. Bought one weeks ago forgot all about it.

My complaint is my feet. They are mingin cuz I can't reach them. I need a fish pedicure I think. Was bliss last time I had one

There is a place is westport doing them now. Might just treat myself :)

Ah stop its awful sticky weather it would kill us poor pregnant ladies.

The days of crazy hair colours is behind me, roots need touch up too often, all ahead of you Kaylami once you hit the flirty thirties!!!

Couldn't image getting dressed up to go anywhere right now. My maternity tops are just about covering these 2 but like u refuse to buy anything else. Have dresses at home which might have to be brought in and I'll rock them with my sexy maternity socks!!!!

There's a long corridor here out of maternity. I walk it a few times during the day and in the evenings with my hubby. Its unbelievable the stares I get. People must thing I'm about to pop. I've told my hubby that some evening I'm going to grab my lady bits and roar "Christ I think the head is coming out" just for the laugh. T

Haha think I pee'd my pants. The thought of it haha

So funny llambert.

The heat is killing me too. I'm in a floaty dress and oh flip flops. I've decided its far too warm for a bra. I must look like a beached whale at this stage.

Got a bit of bad news today my granny took ill so my Mam has gone to stay with her for a few day's - just means we now have to rely on oh seriously unreliable family if little lady makes a appearance. Plus I'm worried about my granny.

Oh Kaylami so sorry to hear that about your Gran. Never nice but you could definitely do without the worry.

Done worrying about your daughter someone will definitely step up to the mark considering the circumstances. With abit of luck your Gran will be right in no time and your Mam will be back to the rescue before the new arrival.

I'm wearing those crop top bra like things. Not giving much support but cannot wear a bra in this weather. So unsupported boobs is the look I'm going for!!

Thanks llambert. I know worst case scenario someone will take them just they can't drive so it complicates thing's.

My dad is great but I wouldn't leave my goldfish with him for a extended period of time!

Oh yes droopy is the way forward I'm so past caring at this stage. I may wear a bra tomorrow for my appointment but only if they are lucky....

• Advertisement

Good luck with your appointment today Kaylami, hope it goes well and your Gran is a little better.

Do got my date this morning........Aug 5th do all going to plan I'll be 37 wks + 2. Have to gave another dose of steriods next Thurs & Fri, ugh stingy!! Asked my.prof about the platelets after mw telling ne mine were low and min was 120, mine.now 104. He said that's normal for a pregnant woman and no ready to stop me having epidural so big relief :-)

Advertisement