Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Piracy less harmfull than Gamestop?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

developers know about it, and will drop brand new price game lower or same price.

i could not see people buying second hand games for 5 quid cheaper then new one.

1) developers dont set game prices

2) people have been buying second hand games for a fiver less than new games for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Helix wrote: »
    1) developers dont set game prices

2) people have been buying second hand games for a fiver less than new games for years

Do you know it for fact, or is it just a guess? havent seen much of second hand new releases to be sold out quickly, unless no brand new in shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

havent seen much of second hand new releases to be sold out quickly, unless no brand new in shop.

Because they're brand new trade ins, they generally won't bother putting new title preowned copies on the shelf because they won't have many. They'll keep them on the counter. So if I go up to the till with LA Noire, and they go "Here, do you want that for a fiver cheaper second hand?", I'll probably say yes.

It's only a fiver, but it's better in my pocket than theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Do you know it for fact, or is it just a guess? havent seen much of second hand new releases to be sold out quickly, unless no brand new in shop.

if they werent selling they wouldnt be that price

Advertisement