Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

It was a old white mountain bike type, fairly small size, didn't catch the make unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Buchaill_Mor

Robbie1874 wrote:
    Hi All, Had my B-Twin bike stolen today from smurfit college in Blackrock. Gutted as ive only had it a couple of days! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Will keep an eye out. I am based out that way. Is there anything you added to the bike? Don't list them here in case scobe watch is looking, but if someone sees a B-Twin they can confirm it's yours with the Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Robbie1874

Will keep an eye out. I am based out that way. Is there anything you added to the bike? Don't list them here in case scobe watch is looking, but if someone sees a B-Twin they can confirm it's yours with the Garda.

Thanks for the help.. I didnt do anything to it as ive only had it since monday morning. Very annoying that you cant have anything of value these days without aomeone nicking it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Andalucia wrote: »
    Saw a bike stolen at lunch time down Grand Canal Dock

One was stole outside our offices there, the guy who owned the bike was 2 metres from the thieves. He had his back to the window when they came along and took it. Caught on CCTV, they knew the security guys routine and knew when to walk in the gate. No hiding their faces either.

Security guards said it happens on a fortnightly basis, often the same faces but they have been instructed not to engage, just call the Gardai but since there is only one security guy who has to do rounds, it's too easy for them to sneak in, they often don't know till someone comes to tell them a bike has gone missing.

In my younger days I had a group of youths try too take my flatmates laptop and my bike on the street just at the bridge. They don't give a sh*t, never have, never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I witnessed the other day the sale of these bikes from the Flats on Erne Street Lower ( Off Pearse Street so close to grand canal dock etc ). By young kids in their early teens getting €50 for an old red specialized lady's hybrid ...:mad:

I live in area so was sorry I could not interfere with the sale ,as my life would be made hell by the older "gang members" .:o who steal and then get the younger ones to finish their dirty work !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭fiacha

DominoDub wrote: »

I live in area so was sorry I could not interfere with the sale ,as my life would be made hell by the older "gang members" .:o who steal and then get the younger ones to finish their dirty work !

call Crimestoppers free on 1800 25 00 25. every little bit helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

i be seen the same around Leo Fitzgerald house flats ... gardai not interested in bike theft in general. that's the harsh reality .

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭slideshow bob

Felt QX65 stolen in Galway on Saturday 20 Sept between 6:30pm and 8:20pm, close to Corrib Village. Lock was smashed. This is a picture of the bike, although a rear rack and different saddle have been fitted since.

322977.JPG

Bounty for any information that leads to recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Felt QX65 stolen in Galway on Saturday 20 Sept between 6:30pm and 8:20pm, close to Corrib Village. Lock was smashed. This is a picture of the bike, although a rear rack and different saddle have been fitted since.

322977.JPG

Bounty for any information that leads to recovery.

Will keep an eye out for it.

Was it taken from the Business Park, or from accommodation, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭slideshow bob

Was it taken from the Business Park, or from accommodation
    Near the accommodation, just outside their CCTV coverage :(. Apparently lots being stolen on the campus. Kingfisher bike park seems to be very popular with thieves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Near the accommodation, just outside their CCTV coverage :(. Apparently lots being stolen on the campus. Kingfisher bike park seems to be very popular with thieves.

Only time had anything stolen in 8 years of cycling in the city was at the NUIG Gym. Saddle and Seat post stolen from the bike a couple of years ago. Stolen on a bright and sunny Sunday afternoon. Will keep an eye out for your Felt QX65 slideshow bob

• Registered Users Posts: 2 idonthaveaname

Hi all,

My bike was stolen about a month ago from the Cowper Luas stop.
    I reported immediately to the Gardaí and informed Luas. Gardaí requested CCTV footage from Luas, however the eventual response was that the area is not covered by CCTV. Cowper is designated as a "Cycle + Ride" stop and my bike was parked no further than 3 meters from the luas tram lines.
    I'm really disappointed as my bike was 1 month old, so wondering has anybody had similar issues or got any further with Luas?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭surfjunky

Hi all,
    Someone broke into my shed in Inchicore, Dublin 8 on Wednesday night (260914) and stole my lovely bike. It is a black and white Kona 'Honky Tonk', same as the one in this photo. It is a very large bike 61" Frame. Very few of them about and I'd say possibly the only one of that size. Would really appreciate if you could keep your eye out for it.
    As an aside it was stolen before and recovered in dramatic fashion! Link to Broadsheet article.
    Really hoping I can get it back. I checked CCTV in local church which overlooks likely access to my back garden but no joy. Have also registered with Gardai. Thanks for help.honky_tonk.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Hi all,

My bike was stolen about a month ago from the Cowper Luas stop.
    I reported immediately to the Gardaí and informed Luas. Gardaí requested CCTV footage from Luas, however the eventual response was that the area is not covered by CCTV. Cowper is designated as a "Cycle + Ride" stop and my bike was parked no further than 3 meters from the luas tram lines.
    I'm really disappointed as my bike was 1 month old, so wondering has anybody had similar issues or got any further with Luas?
    Was it locked at the designated bike racks at Cowper?
    flyguy wrote: »
    Gave a family member a loan of my nearly new (used <10 times) Cube Aim SL 2014. Unfortunately he got kicked off the bike by 2 thugs in the Iveagh Gardens today (26/09) around 11-12am. No trace since.
    Terrible - haven't heard of that kind of bike-jacking in Dublin, and Iveagh Gardens is usually very quiet and civilised. Please do report it to police, so that at least they are aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Coolman99

Hi all,

Went to grab my bike Saturday morning to find it was gone without a trace - 27th September.

I don't have 100% proof it is mine and stolen, if I had the serial number I would handle this all with the Gardai. Went to them but they had a fair point, can't really confront the guy without a serial code to prove it is my exact bicycle. But what I do have is that I had the same model, with the same bottle cage and the same bicycle pump attached to the same side of the bicycle. Didn't have eyes on it for about 2 weeks before Saturday, but its up now 3 days now, 50 bucks price drop already as he's trying to offload it fast.

Mod snip

Someone please let me know if the link is against the rules of the thread...

So please don't buy it from them if you had looked at it, looks like a good deal, he says it is mint condition and I can tell you it isn't because it is 2.5 years old with no upgrades.

Goodluck to everyone else, mistake won't happen again I'll be snapping a photo of me and the serial code with the next bike straight away!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Mod note

We do not allow unproven claims of theft against an individual on this site. Please pm a mod before posting things like this in future, rather than posting and letting us try to find it ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why not make an offer and go get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Thargor wrote: »
    Why not make an offer and go get it?
    I know what I'd be doing. He'd hardly report you...?

Sorry for link to advert won't do that again.
    endacl wrote: »
    I know what I'd be doing. He'd hardly report you...?

Haha I know I've had fellas telling me the same today, I guess I feel like I wouldn't know what I'm walking into, and would it be worth a potential scrap over a bicycle. My bicycle but just a bike none the less.

You'd be cool about broaching that subject with a random individual? Could be I'm too cautious in this situation....

Coolman99 wrote: »

You'd be cool about broaching that subject with a random individual? Could be I'm too cautious in this situation....
    Absolutely.

"Aw, man. That looks ideal. Do you mind if we go outside and I try it up and down the driveway to see what she rides like?"

Mates in a van at the end of the driveway. Bike goes in the van. You go in the van. Van drives away.

If you're 100% sure that its your bike, of course. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Sorry for link to advert won't do that again.

Haha I know I've had fellas telling me the same today, I guess I feel like I wouldn't know what I'm walking into, and would it be worth a potential scrap over a bicycle. My bicycle but just a bike none the less.

thats a frustrating situation I would go down but I would bring a few friends with me for back up. If it was close to me I'd gladly go with you but I'm in Dublin unfortunately.
    Is this close to where you live or has the bike travelled across the country or something?

Absolutely.

"Aw, man. That looks ideal. Do you mind if we go outside and I try it up and down the driveway to see what she rides like?"

Mates in a van at the end of the driveway. Bike goes in the van. You go in the van. Van drives away.

The player gets played. It's a good plan and I can't poke any holes in it, and I'd know if it was mine from a mark on one of the handlebars, but I'd be in a situation outside my comfort zone and I feel like it's not worth it for me. A.K.A. I'm a pussy

I'm actually not that pushed about the bike what "grinds me gears" is that the guy possibly gets paid off from it. Filed to get the advert taken off donedeal so hoping he won't get a sale in the next 24 hrs

iamtony wrote: »
    thats a frustrating situation I would go down but I would bring a few friends with me for back up. If it was close to me I'd gladly go with you but I'm in Dublin unfortunately.
    Is this close to where you live or has the bike travelled across the country or something?

That's sound cheers. It's not far 40 minutes, travelled a bit by car but not far by any means

The player gets played. It's a good plan and I can't poke any holes in it, and I'd know if it was mine from a mark on one of the handlebars, but I'd be in a situation outside my comfort zone and I feel like it's not worth it for me. A.K.A. I'm a pussy

I'm actually not that pushed about the bike what "grinds me gears" is that the guy possibly gets paid off from it. Filed to get the advert taken off donedeal so hoping he won't get a sale in the next 24 hrs
    Do you have a scary looking pal who'd be happy do do it?

Do you have a scary looking pal who'd be happy do do it?

Oh yea I have a man from Limerick very keen on going and paying him a visit with me, but i'm not keen on the idea myself. Waiting on 1 or 2 things like CCTV footage so I'll see how that plays out first I think.

If there's a clear shot of the guy on that it would probably be enough for the gards to give him a jingle and ask a few questions.

Thanks for the advice I should probably take it since it's being fired at me left right and centre

Oh yea I have a man from Limerick very keen on going and paying him a visit with me, but i'm not keen on the idea myself. Waiting on 1 or 2 things like CCTV footage so I'll see how that plays out first I think.

If there's a clear shot of the guy on that it would probably be enough for the gards to give him a jingle and ask a few questions.

Thanks for the advice I should probably take it since it's being fired at me left right and centre

Only if you're sure. Having the ad removed might set alarm bells ringing, of course.

I'd give him a shout now, arrange to have a look at 'the bike', and have it back by this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Barboron

Bike stolen earlier today from DIT Bolton Street at 14:17, locked in the carpark at the area for motorbikes. Person was wearing light grey or khaki shorts (was difficult to tell from the CCTV footage I was shown), greysh blue hoodie that was also light in colour, and a grey beanie hat (he seemed to like grey-ish colours.

Bike was a Specialized Sirrus, black in colour with blue details (Exact image should come up with a google search, unfortunately I can not post an image).

Have yet to get the frame number from the shop but will update with that detail tomorrow.

I know I haven't got much to go by, but if anyone comes across it, it would be much appreciated.

The bike also had some extra features, there was the usual black mudguards and cheap lights from Halfords but in particular, on the handlebars, was a torch holder for a Led Lenser. This, I imagine, would not be as common and would hopefully distinguish my bike.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 StoryGorey

My bike was stolen today from Sandyford Luas stop between 12.30pm and 3.15pm. I informed the Gardai and they said they would check CCTV at the Luas Stop. Its a GT Aggressor XC2, black and white in colour. I don't have a picture of it but one can be found on google images. If anyone come across it give us a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Bloch

spec_glb_elite_navy_08_m.jpg

Specialized Globe Elite, IG8 (8 internal gears) navy blue
    In Stoneybatter area. I left the bike outside the house for literally 5 minutes with Kryptonite lock around the back wheel. Someone ran off with it, possiblly to O'Deaveny Gardens or to the North Circular Road.

It has a bracket for a Hamax childs seat, and mudguards and a very slight kink backward in the seat post.

Hub gear bikes are thin on the ground, it might turn up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Hey all,

My Brothers Trek 7.5 fx 57 cm frame 2012 model was stolen outside Beaux Lane House (Behind Stephens Green Shopping Centre) a few weeks back...

Broad day light, 9.30 am..lots of people walking past as it was being taken...buildings security cameras would have had a clear shot had they been clean!

black frame with dark blue decals...

Nothing distinguishing on it, it had mud guards, one bottle holder, normal peddles, the large frame is probably it 'unique' point..

it looks exactly like this one.. which went up a few days BEFORE it was stolen so only posting for image purposes..

http://www.adverts.ie/hybrid-bikes/trek-7-5-fx/6299087

anyway it's probably long gone, he wasn't familiar with this site, thought i'd pop it up anyway...

cheers..

Advertisement