Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to retire in my 50s... :(

It's just one of those jobs you do not want to be doing into your 60s!
    But yeah, it's definitely a very important feature to the job.
    My young colleagues are here until they are 68 though, under new rules.
    This means some have 45 years to work before retirement, that is done heavy heavy sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's just one of those jobs you do not want to be doing into your 60s!
    But yeah, it's definitely a very important feature to the job.
    My young colleagues are here until they are 68 though, under new rules.
    This means some have 45 years to work before retirement, that is done heavy heavy sh1t.

Getting up at 5am is some heavy **** to me, I'd never manage you're job! :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

waveform wrote: »
    Getting up at 5am is some heavy **** to me, I'd never manage you're job! :p
    Oh no, I was just awake, dosing back off.
    But I'm on duty at 07.45, finishing at 20 . 45 every other day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Just browsing my YouTube subscriptions on the PS3 for the first time.

What kind of tool am I subscribed to that uploads the biggest fail of a game, and the biggest fail of a console?? ? ;)

315226.jpg
    RotR?
    ....subbed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

Watching a load of GameSack videos atm. Was always put off by how stiff they were in front of the camera, but they have some really good stuff actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ya they a bit of getting used to alright, but its actually a pretty good set of videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Monkeykube wrote: »

It's so ugly even a sniper wouldn't take it out :D

Steve SI wrote: »
    It's so ugly even a sniper wouldn't take it out :D

It's a bad one, that's for sure. A waste of good mdf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Monkeykube wrote: »
    MzRmMzViOTA1NGYxZDQ5ZTAzMzk1OTU4YTliMDM5N2OqXF6FXnYgANOJsG2fW-ZlaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNmNiOTIxZGE4YTU2NDM3ODQ2N2VmZDkwZWEwYmU5N2NhZTI3ZTA2ZWEyNzViYmUzMWNmNWIyNzUwMzZmMTU0ZC5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

first thing I thought of when I saw it

eye-of-sauron.jpg

• Advertisement

first thing I thought of when I saw it

eye-of-sauron.jpg

Wow, that cab can simply be called "Retr0's Mom"!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just spent the first hour of my 30s rearranging my games room. It was oddly reflective and contemplative!

Now to sell it all and buy a Ferrari. Or is that at 40?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just spent the first hour of my 30s rearranging my games room. It was oddly reflective and contemplative!

Happy birthday dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's late 40's/early 50's!

Happy bidet!

Fecking kids!
    Get of my land!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Happy birthday dude!
    Happy Birthday C01s!

Sera wrote: »
    Happy Birthday C01s!

I'll be quite honest with you, I cannot for the life of me decode that!

Will we ever see Myrddin at the beers? ;)

Yourself and Steve SI are totally dryballs when it comes to them! :p

I totally respect your decision but at the same time I feel it's a shame ye don't go!

Would like to see you guys at them.

(Yeah I know, now you're even far less likely to go after I told you that! )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Happy birthday o1s!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I totally respect your decision but at the same time I feel it's a shame ye don't go!

When you say 'at the beers', if you actually mean 'not at the beers' then yep! :P

On an unrelated note - what is your avatar supposed to be? Looks like a lobster run over by a car or something. (or maybe I need glasses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Happy birthday o1s1n...you've been quiet enough round here, hope all is well dude :)

Ah I'll definitely make it to another one at some stage, really enjoyed the last one I went to (which must have been yonks ago now!). Evening courses, my son, & my other half mean my time for such ventures can be very limited...but I'll just have to make the time at some stage. It doesn't help that Cidey's house is in a different time zone...but what can one do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is there an Outrun game for the original Xbox that has lost licensing rights & can't be got online anymore?

So I picked up one of the new V2.0 Hyperkin Supaboys. On its way to me now from Germany.

The first version had terrible sound and battery life and this new version has double the battery life and much improved sound it seems(and better emulation). It also comes with USB charging which is handy.
    I know i know its emulation using the real carts but I want it to live beside my LCD modded Nomad. Think it's worth the price alone for that :0)

Anyone got the old or new versions of this? It looks like it only plays US SNES and Super Famicom carts, but I cant find any solid info on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

So I picked up one of the new V2.0 Hyperkin Supaboys. On its way to me now from Germany.

The first version had terrible sound and battery life and this new version has double the battery life and much improved sound it seems(and better emulation). It also comes with USB charging which is handy.
    I know i know its emulation using the real carts but I want it to live beside my LCD modded Nomad. Think it's worth the price alone for that :0)

Anyone got the old or new versions of this? It looks like it only plays US SNES and Super Famicom carts, but I cant find any solid info on that.

I've never used one myself, but the rage are selling them. I can't imagine them doing too well if they didn't play PAL games. I'd imagine it's along the lines of a retro duo without the NES compatibility.

I've never used one myself, but the rage are selling them. I can't imagine them doing too well if they didn't play PAL games. I'd imagine it's along the lines of a retro duo without the NES compatibility.

Which version do they have in The Rage? The v2 is in a dark box and the V1 is in a light coloured box with a transparent top I think. I know the Supaboy doesnt officially play PAL games but I think a few run on the v1 and i was wondering if the v2 is better. Still, not too bothered as it'll be used for NTSC carts anyway and an everdrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Which version do they have in The Rage? The v2 is in a dark box and the V1 is in a light coloured box with a transparent top I think. I know the Supaboy doesnt officially play PAL games but I think a few run on the v1 and i was wondering if the v2 is better. Still, not too bothered as it'll be used for NTSC carts anyway and an everdrive.

I'm not sure to be honest. They had one loose on the counter. They've been selling them for a while, so I'd assume it's probably the v1.

I think I read somewhere that they'll play older PAL games, but after '92/'93 you'll get some problems. I've read about some issues with PAL games that have battery saves, and games with the FX chip usually have problems too.

I was sure they played PAL games though, but maybe I was thinking of the Retro Duo Portable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Home sick today and just gave the Dark Souls 2 DLC a quick go... seems cool looking but perhaps a bit rehashy... far too ill to play much though... I blame that devil hotel I stayed in in Limerick over the weekend, it was just the worst!

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    Home sick today and just gave the Dark Souls 2 DLC a quick go... seems cool looking but perhaps a bit rehashy... far too ill to play much though... I blame that devil hotel I stayed in in Limerick over the weekend, it was just the worst!

Don't blame Limerick, you'll have Sera to deal with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement