Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

respite care charges

Options
  • 22-07-2014 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

anyone know anything about new rules that came into effect June 1st stating that if someone avails of respite care for more than 30 days in one calendar year that a respite charge will be imposed and they will be contacted by HSE Finance Department ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭janmaree

Well, I haven't heard about that but I've been treating myself to a break from bad news and probably missed it. Nothing surprises me any more, sneaky and underhanded pocket-picking of those whose pockets are already empty seems to be the way it works now. I just wish I was younger so that I could run away and have a life again. I love this country but I hate what's happening to it and to the people about whom it's supposed to be. Imagine a scenario where well-meaning family members put their own lives on hold to care for those they love, "in the community", even to the point where there's nothing to resurrect afterwards, and then they're punished for all their efforts and hard work. We save the State a fortune and they treat us like something they've stepped in on the pavement. I hope you're wrong but I suspect you aren't. God help us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Have you contacted carers ireland? They might have some info.

Advertisement