Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zopo ZP 999 / 3X Owners Support Thread

Options
  • 19-01-2015 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

THIS THREAD IS FOR OWNERS OR WOULD BE OWNERS OF THE NEW ZOPO ZP999 OR 3X.
    FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS AND POST ANYTHING THAT WOULD HELP YOUR FELLOW OWNERS.

PLEASE BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL AT ALL TIMES AND KEEP ON TOPIC.

FOR INFORMATION ON ANY OTHER PHONES, PLEASE USE THE CHINESE ANDROID PHONES THREAD

New ZOPO ZP999 and 3X OCTA CORE 5.5 inches

Source XDA Developers Forum

New thread for the new model zp999 and 3X Octa Core

ZOPO ZP999

Among the features, we find a 5.5-inch full HD display, CPU MediaTek MT6595 octa-core 2.2 GHz,
    3 GB of RAM, 32 GB of internal memory, 2,700 mAh battery, 14 megapixel camera f / 2.0 and Android 4.4 on board.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2966671&d=1412961842

Everybody are Welcome!

MANY THANKS TO OUR MODERATORS TO OPEN AGAIN THIS THREAD !
    More attention to the Xda-developers Rules:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?f=256
    Many thanks to "SUPER ADMIN" MR. MIKE

Last edited by ghost45; 19th November 2014 at 07:51 PM.

ghost45

10th October 2014, 07:24 PM | #2

OP Senior Member
    United%20Nations.png P@th
    Thanks Meter: 448

749 posts

Photo section

attachment.php?attachmentid=2972185&d=1413386170

attachment.php?attachmentid=2966675&d=1412962064

attachment.php?attachmentid=2972187&d=1413386255

attachment.php?attachmentid=2972188&d=1413386255

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Details Section

Zopo ZP999 full specifications
    BRAND and MODEL
    Click image for larger version Name: zopo_zp9991413505698jpg.jpg Views: 618 Size: 101.9 KB ID: 3023753
    Brand: ZOPO
    Model: ZP999 Pro
    Carrier: Unlocked
    Sim card: Dual Micro sim dual standby
    Multi Language: Afrikaans, Bahasa Indonesia, Bhasa Melayu, Catala, Cestina, Dansk, Deutsch, English, Spanish, Filipino, French, Hrvatski, IsiZuzu, Italia, kiswahili, Latviesu, Lietuviu, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk Bokmal, Polski, Portuguese, Romana, Rumantsch, Slovencina, Slovenscina, Suomi, Svenska, Tieng Viet, Tagalog, Turkish,Greek,Bulgarian,Russian, Serbian, Ukrainian, Hebrew, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Amharic, Hindi,Thailand, Korean,日本語,Traditional Chinese, Simple Chinese 

OS and CPU

Operating System: Google Android 4.4 Kitkat OS,
    CPU: MTK MT6595M 2.0GHz, 28nm HPM Octa Core process
    GPU:IMG Rogue G6200 450MHz

MEMORY

Internal phone storage: 32GB ROM
    RAM: 3GB
    Memory card support : MicroSD Card up to 64GB

NETWORKING

FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM
    2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    3G: WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHz

4G: FDD-LTE::800/1800/2600MHz
    TD-LTE: 1880-1920/2300-2400/2555-2655MHz
    TD-SCDMA: 1880-1920/2010-2025MHz
    Click image for larger version Name: zopo_zp999_4g_lte1413604735jpg.jpg Views: 610 Size: 60.4 KB ID: 3023742
    Click image for larger version Name: zopo_zp999_4g_lte1413605313jpg.jpg Views: 402 Size: 87.4 KB ID: 3023743

CAMERA and VIDEO

Rear camera: 14MP, LED Flash 
    Front-facing cam: 5.0MP
    Video capture: 1080P(1920X1080, 30FPS)

ENTERNAINMENT

Video play formats: MP4/3GP/MOV/MPEG/MKV/FLV, ...
    Audio play formats: MP3/AMR/AAC/ASF/Ape/Flac ,...
    Ring Tone: MP3/AAC/ASF,...
    Picture formats: JPEG/PNG/GIF/BMP,...

CONNECITIVITY and COMMUNICATION

USB support: 5pin Micro USB v2.0 

WiFi:802.11ac/a/b/g/n/ac

WiFi Hotspot functionality, Tethering & portable hotspot - Synchronization via Exchange ActiveSync

Bluetooth technology: Bluetooth v4.0

GPS satellites: GPS,A-GPS,GLONASS,BEIDOU

Sensor: Gravity Sensor, Compass, proximity sensor

USB OTG View what is OTG on Wiki

NFC

HOTKNOT

WIFI Display

Gesture

DISPLAY

Screen Size: 5.5-inch
    Color Support: 16 Million Colors
    Screen Technology:,Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen , IPS, GFF
    Screen material: Corning® Gorilla® Glass Class 2
    Display resolution: 1920*1080 pixels
    Click image for larger version Name: zopo_zp9991413506141jpg.jpg Views: 402 Size: 48.3 KB ID: 3023761
    PRE-LOADED APPLICATIONS

Google Maps
    Google Talk
    Google Mail
    Google Calendar
    Google Play Store
    Facebook
    Twitter

BATTERY

Battery:2700mAh, PowerXtend

SIZE

Dimensions: 151.6x76.3x9.2mm
    Weight(Including battery) : 150g

IN PACKAGE

1 x ZOPO Phablet ZP999 Pro
    1 x Travel Charger
    1 x Usb Data Cable
    1 x Headphone
    1 x Battery
    1 x User Manual
    Click image for larger version Name: www.zopomobileshop.com1415502920png.png Views: 460 Size: 200.5 KB ID: 3023763
    Click image for larger version Name: www.zopomobileshop.com1415502851png.png Views: 678 Size: 115.5 KB ID: 3023764

Zopo ZP999 root. thanks to Webels and tatranska

There are 2 versions. The easy and not so easy.

Easy
    it's safe now to root with kingroot.net.
    It's all Chinese to me(literally)
    Download the one with the phone image. Install it and click the green circle.
    It will spin for a while and hey presto.

I used verify root to check.
    _________
    Not so easy.

I've done a little how-to, all files required can be found on the dropbox link below. How-to is a word file, so let me know how it goes because I hope its clear.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r1435tlh5enmbm6/AABUuvEbFJvTXqFRlcqjrKfwa?dl=0

The files and how-to are sourced through Jaspers post on the zopomobileshop forum with some slight modifications - credit to the poster over there.

http://forum.zopomobileshop.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2997&extra=&highlight=zp999%2Broot&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Nice one tatranska. I expect to have my grubby mitts on my zp999 by this time tomorrow.

Edit: curses, just remembered I'm out of town with work from tomorrow until Sunday, it'll be a week!😠

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Good job tatranska........eventually:D

corwill, feel free to join us when you can:)

Now, on to the serious questions webels,

I'm no stranger to rooting and flashing roms on phones(galaxy and nexus 4), but i am a bit rusty and this baby is a different kettle of fish and has me looking stupid(yes, even more stupid).

I had been looking at a few different guides last week and thought that i'd probably go down the road of flashing a new rom as it seemed easiest but i'm having serious serious problems getting the drivers installed. I'm using a windows 7 64 bit PC and it simply doesn't want anything to do with it while switched off. It does install generic drivers while on(yes, i probably shouldn't have done that) and i can see the device called vanzo95_lwt_ds_kk:confused: but does have the correct model name and manufacturer in the properties description. I'd be afraid i'd brick the phone by trying to root it without the correct drivers.

I subsequently decided that i'd be better off sticking with stock and rooting that so i believe that 2 or maybe 3 phone updates should be applied first(including the dodgy one).

So i powered the phone and it brought up the wireless update and the relevent warning to copy the update zip file from whatever that folder is called and update from the update app(if you wish). I then thought that i had to do a factory reset(still not sure about this) after installing that update so eventually got in to recovery(after thinking i'd bricked it).

Recovery is very strange. Normally you would use the volume up/down to scroll and power to select but this was very different. Power just backed out of the menu and the volume up/down both scrolls and randomly selects as well. Somehow got the factory reset done but couldn't choose reboot so had to take battery out and reboot that way. Anyway, i thought that the next update should be available for download but it just showed the previous one.

It was late then so i gave up:)

So the moral of that ridiculous story is .....HELP:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭webels

It certainly is an a very strange process and one I muddle through each time. I'll tell you what I'll do let me update to the latest version tomorrow evening and refresh my memory and let you know how I did it. This is a learning curve for all of us

• Advertisement

webels wrote: »
    It certainly is an a very strange process and one I muddle through each time. I'll tell you what I'll do let me update to the latest version tomorrow evening and refresh my memory and let you know how I did it. This is a learning curve for all of us

Cheers webels, i'm not too intersted in rooting at the minute as i think the driver issue is a sick windows pc. I think i have the drivers installed but my device manager keeps crashing so it's connecting and disconnecting almost immediately. Strange that it doesn't it with the phone switched on:confused:

Yeah just interested in how i can get to apply the second/third(if there is one) update.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

3GB ram...:O

Just when I was set on the Elephone P5000!

I wonder is there much of a Dev community behind this device, would probably be amazing with stock Lollipop!

Just did some reading of the xda zp999 thread and seems not allowed update to latest January firmware as I am rooted although a poster was successful on the thread. I'll keep trying and update later.

3GB ram...:O

Just when I was set on the Elephone P5000!

I wonder is there much of a Dev community behind this device, would probably be amazing with stock Lollipop!
    Seems to be a growing dev community as the phone is getting popular. Check out the 33 odd pages on the xda forum linked above.

Just did some reading of the xda zp999 thread and seems not allowed update to latest January firmware as I am rooted although a poster was successful on the thread. I'll keep trying and update later.

How many updates have you applied? Was there just the 1 December update or 2.

• Advertisement

How many updates have you applied? Was there just the 1 December update or 2.
    There was 2 in December. I have the one from 6th December as it was the firmware I used for my root. Each update has had issues. The 2nd December one seems to have had GPS issues. The January one seems OK so far. It seems you have to apply updates one after the other. I am going to do a titanium backup before next update as I'm sick of reloading apps if I need to. Also have to find out how to update with root.

This is just getting infuriating. All i want to do is apply the incremental updates on the phone before rooting it and setting it up as i like.

Should be simple, right..............wrong.

I'm still stuck on the first update despite following their instructions to the letter. It specifically says NOT TO HIT UPDATE NOW FROM THE WIRELESS UPDATE MENU and to copy the update file from whatever strange folder they call it and copy it to the root of the phone and apply the update from the update app(so to speak).

I have done all this 3 or 4 times and after what you think is the phone applying the update, it still leaves me on the same firmware with the only update being the 1 i've just applied.

I'm half tempted to just click update now from the wireless update and see what happens. This is obviously the dodgy update. Webels, can i ask if you remember what way you applied this update.

Should be asking tatranska too as you should be at/past this stage.

This is just getting infuriating. All i want to do is apply the incremental updates on the phone before rooting it and setting it up as i like.

Should be simple, right..............wrong.

I'm still stuck on the first update despite following their instructions to the letter. It specifically says NOT TO HIT UPDATE NOW FROM THE WIRELESS UPDATE MENU and to copy the update file from whatever strange folder they call it and copy it to the root of the phone and apply the update from the update app(so to speak).

I have done all this 3 or 4 times and after what you think is the phone applying the update, it still leaves me on the same firmware with the only update being the 1 i've just applied.

I'm half tempted to just click update now from the wireless update and see what happens. This is obviously the dodgy update. Webels, can i ask if you remember what way you applied this update.

Should be asking tatranska too as you should be at/past this stage.

Ok from what I remember what I did was

1. copy the update.zip from the adupsfota folder on the phone (I use ESfile explorer or you could use the one File manager that came with the phone to find the adupsfota folder which is on the Phone storage) to my external sd card - not the root of the phone.

2. Go to your apps and find the update system app. Click the green download button on the right

3. This reboots your phone to recovery and follow instructions from here - cant remember after this as phone now being rooted prevents me from recieving OTA but it looks like there will be a way around this.

Could you do me a favor and go into about phone in settings and tell me what build version of android you have out of interest?

On rooting - looking at this thread

http://forum.zopomobileshop.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2997&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D29&page=5

It looks like root is available with the kingroot app which seems like a very simple method.

Thanks webels, I don't have the phone with me at the moment. I'll try that when i get home. I'd no intention of using an external sd card(the 32GB SHOULD be ok for me) but i'll try anything at this stage. T'would be mad ted if that was the solution but stranger things have happened.

I'll advise you of the build number later also.

Bloody hell, if that kingroot app works, that would be unreal. I'll keep an eye on this and feedback from others. If you can still get ota updates using this it would be a hell of a bonus.

Thanks webels, I don't have the phone with me at the moment. I'll try that when i get home. I'd no intention of using an external sd card(the 32GB SHOULD be ok for me) but i'll try anything at this stage. T'would be mad ted if that was the solution but stranger things have happened.

I'll advise you of the build number later also.

Bloody hell, if that kingroot app works, that would be unreal. I'll keep an eye on this and feedback from others. If you can still get ota updates using this it would be a hell of a bonus.

If someone gets Kingroot to work I will update the post above as an easier option. There are two great threads on ZP999 now on XDA and zopomobiles which show a growing dev community. There are other threads in German and Italian but languages were not my strong suits. Even with google tranlate stuff doesnt make great sense.

Ok ladies, it's safe now to root with kingroot.net.
    It's all Chinese to me(literally)
    Download the one with the phone image. Install it and click the green circle.
    It will spin for a while and hey presto.

I used verify root to check.

Great stuff tatranska. Could you edit the post above with the kingroot option as its much more straightforward than existing.

Yeah good job tatransska, i'll get there eventually:(

Srangely, putting the update on the external sd card has worked and i now have that installed properly. It has rendered the home button useless as expected but i had hoped not to have to do a factory reset(that was troublesome before) as i was just hoping to install the next update but there is no new update in the wireless update(still the current one) so i guess i have to go through the ordeal of trying to get this factory reset to work:mad:

That was less painful than i thought. Currently installing second update(getting there)

Lads, you's are legends. Phone now rooted on latest firmware. I guess we'll find out soon if you can still get ota updates rooted with this method but won't worry about it for now.

Next question to annoy you all, i've never really backed up my data with anything other than nandroid and am not overly familiar with titanium but i'd be looking to transfer my messages from my nexus to this phone. Is titanium the way to go or are there better options. I'll probably re-install my apps although might be easier to use titanium for them too. Any advice appreciated.

Yeah good job tatransska, i'll get there eventually:(

Srangely, putting the update on the external sd card has worked and i now have that installed properly. It has rendered the home button useless as expected but i had hoped not to have to do a factory reset(that was troublesome before) as i was just hoping to install the next update but there is no new update in the wireless update(still the current one) so i guess i have to go through the ordeal of trying to get this factory reset to work:mad:

That was less painful than i thought. Currently installing second update(getting there)

Lads, you's are legends. Phone now rooted on latest firmware. I guess we'll find out soon if you can still get ota updates rooted with this method but won't worry about it for now.

Next question to annoy you all, i've never really backed up my data with anything other than nandroid and am not overly familiar with titanium but i'd be looking to transfer my messages from my nexus to this phone. Is titanium the way to go or are there better options. I'll probably re-install my apps although might be easier to use titanium for them too. Any advice appreciated.

Restart the phone and give it a chance to get newer updates. I got 2 more up to Jan 16.

Restart the phone and give it a chance to get newer updates. I got 2 more up to Jan 16.

Yeah I have them installed and rooted. Cheers!

On to backing up and restoring sms and maybe apps. I have the back ups, it's the restoring that's proving difficult. I'll sort it out tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Hi Folks,

Plenty of useful info on here in respect of the phone, just have a question somone might answear, when i get a txt and the screen lights up with an alert, if i wait until the screen goes off again, then try to wake up the screen, it wont do it sometimes for a couple of minutes. the 3 buttons at the bottom light up, but the screen doesn't wake.

I have tried 3rd party lock screens and switching sms apps but this keeps happening. I have rooted the phone, what would ye recommend?

Change ROM, or am i missing something?

theduffer wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Plenty of useful info on here in respect of the phone, just have a question somone might answear, when i get a txt and the screen lights up with an alert, if i wait until the screen goes off again, then try to wake up the screen, it wont do it sometimes for a couple of minutes. the 3 buttons at the bottom light up, but the screen doesn't wake.

I have tried 3rd party lock screens and switching sms apps but this keeps happening. I have rooted the phone, what would ye recommend?

Change ROM, or am i missing something?

What firmware version are you on if it was the update on 18th December which required a factory reset and wasnt done many things went wrong, no home button problems with camera and from my memory problems getting the phone to turn on.

What firmware version are you on if it was the update on 18th December which required a factory reset and wasnt done many things went wrong, no home button problems with camera and from my memory problems getting the phone to turn on.

Hi Webels,

The build number is ZP999 2014206-122229,

Under the wireless update section I see that the version ZP999 20141218-145608 is available. should i proceed with this, i have held off because of the issues people encountered...

Hi Webels,

The build number is ZP999 2014206-122229,

Under the wireless update section I see that the version ZP999 20141218-145608 is available. should i proceed with this, i have held off because of the issues people encountered...

Same as mine as I dropped back to during my root process. I must admit I havent seen what you describe. You say you have tried different SMS apps etc. If it wasnt rooted you could try a firmware upgrade. Otherwise you could reload stock rom as you are rooted. Backup your apps and data before you do this (I use tinanium backup - although the phone has a backup app also). Unless anyone else has other suggestions this I guess should sort it.

As an aside how have people found their 4G reception?

Thanks for that webels, dont use the 4g. Has anyone tried any of the custom roms?? Im tempted to try one if someone could recommend any?

Thanks for that webels, dont use the 4g. Has anyone tried any of the custom roms?? Im tempted to try one if someone could recommend any?

Still on stock rom here, not tempted to move away yet. There a few roms available now all seem to be based on Marsepa rom. Would love to see Clockwormod become available and supported on this phone.

I'm late to the party, but catching up.

I have it updated to Build Number ZP999 20150116-205748. "Wireless update" tells me that I'm up to date, has anyone else gotten anything beyond that?

I have this ordered, should have it by the end of the week - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ONBZSXQ/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

Bit dear for what it is, but didn't want to be without a case of some sort for it for very long.

corwill wrote: »
    I'm late to the party, but catching up.

I have it updated to Build Number ZP999 20150116-205748. "Wireless update" tells me that I'm up to date, has anyone else gotten anything beyond that?

I have this ordered, should have it by the end of the week - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ONBZSXQ/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

Bit dear for what it is, but didn't want to be without a case of some sort for it for very long.

I actually have a spare one of these cases that I would give to you - just pay postage. Is there still time to cancel.

I actually have a spare one of these cases that I would give to you - just pay postage. Is there still time to cancel.

Thanks webels, very decent of you, but mine has already dispatched.

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    Thanks webels, very decent of you, but mine has already dispatched.
    Pity Corwill - but if anyone else want it let me know.

Advertisement