Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Today FM & Newstalk Android Apps now available.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 yekrallum

akamossie wrote: »
    use the app scanner from this website http://www.appstorehq.com/todayfm-android-512330/app i have it downloaded now

Thanks, worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

Deleted Newstalk app as it was just plain poor. Very hit and miss reception, 2 mins or so to start up and also it buffers backwards i think, you are listening to part of a show and 10 mins later you hear the same again. Tunein radio beats the pants off it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Anyone know if there is a 4FM app available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

bogman wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is a 4FM app available

If you are on android, try tune in radio, you can pick up that station on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Thanks Angel01 :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Anyone else have some problems with the app?

Listening to pre-recorded shows has stopped working for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Copper23 wrote: »
    Anyone else have some problems with the app?

Listening to pre-recorded shows has stopped working for me.
    I just came on to ask the same thing. Both podcasts and the archive have stopped working. I'm going to email Newstalk about it, it's the whole reason I use this over TuneIn. I'd pay for this app no problem but the archive would be essential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LeGrandCheval

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    It's a pity there hasn't been an answer as to why these apps need to use GPS, especially as it has been asked a few times. I can't think of a legitimate reason for it so I have to assume that they want to track us for marketing purposes. That's a deal breaker for me.

Could the GPS tracking be linked to sports coverage? These stations tend to make a big hullabaloo when they secure the rights for the Premier League or Heineken Cup seasons but they may be forced to limit listening to users in Ireland... anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mickeycireland

does anyone with the newstalk app have it working these days, mine stopped working last week and fails ever since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

does anyone with the newstalk app have it working these days, mine stopped working last week and fails ever since

Me too and judging by the reviews in the Play Store, we're not the only ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mickeycireland

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    Me too and judging by the reviews in the Play Store, we're not the only ones.

I've given up on it for now, using tune in app instead, works well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I've given up on it for now, using tune in app instead, works well
    I've been having intermittent issues with the Newstalk app on my iPhone. I removed it and re-installed it but it didn't solve the problem. I've just tried the Tune in app now and it works a treat, thanks mickeycireland.

Advertisement