Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genital warts

Options
  • 18-03-2015 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I was diagnosed with genital warts (HPV Virus) last week, I know there is no cure as such but some people can apparently get rid of the virus naturally over like 2 years. Does anyone know any good treatments or advice for minimising the symptoms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

Great topic for your first post

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭exgp

Ring your local hospital and ask for an appointment at the GUM clinic. Sometimes called the "special" clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭thickhead

Tabby101 wrote:
    I was diagnosed with genital warts (HPV Virus) last week, I know there is no cure as such but some people can apparently get rid of the virus naturally over like 2 years. Does anyone know any good treatments or advice for minimising the symptoms?

Great first post, a real warts and all recollection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tabby101

Lol thanks for the confidence I have already had an STI screen, I WANT TO PERMENANTLY delete this thing! they are internal not external so its not as dodgy as it sounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭thickhead

Tabby101 wrote:
    Lol thanks for the confidence I have already had an STI screen, I WANT TO PERMENANTLY delete this thing! they are internal not external so its not as dodgy as it sounds!

I think there is a surgery you can get. I am however open to correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Tabby101 wrote: »

If you have already gone to the STI clinic then just follow their advice.

Yes but their advice was simply cream Im wondering if there are any natural remedies that have worked for anyone or any particular vitamins etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yes but their advice was simply cream Im wondering if there are any natural remedies that have worked for anyone or any particular vitamins etc

You won't get medical advice here it's against the charter

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭exgp

No, there aren't.

Stheno wrote: »
    You won't get medical advice here it's against the charter

I dont understand what you mean by that as in its not allowed?

Yikes my genital warts were one thing but to be forbidden to discuss them in public.... feel like a cast away now!

• Advertisement

exgp wrote: »
    No, there aren't.

Cant be true there is ALWAYS something! just have to find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

There are no "natural" remedies for any kind of warts - they're caused by a virus. There's also no direct cure either for the same reason. However, cryogenics works for ordinary warts - probably works for genital too, but as others have said, follow instructions from whoever's treating you. If they say there's a cream, then perhaps that'll work. If it doesn't there are probably other treatments you can try next. After all, you have the rest of your life to try them all ...

Yes but I also have the rest of my life to not have sexual intercourse with anyone at the risk of passing it on..... Im only 22! condoms can't prevent it spreading!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yes but I also have the rest of my life to not have sexual intercourse with anyone at the risk of passing it on..... Im only 22! condoms can't prevent it spreading!

When they say there is no cure that means there is no cure. Anyone that claims to know a special natural homeopathic remedy is an idiot or trying to take advantage of you. There is currently nothing on this Earth that can permanently get rid of the virus that causes genital warts.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

wire brush and Detol

• Registered Users Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Do the exact opposite of what you did to get them.

+1 + (-1) = 0

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

exgp wrote: »
    Ring your local hospital and ask for an appointment at the GUM clinic. Sometimes called the "special" clinic.

also called the cock clinic

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

are we confusing warts with herpes here? thought once a wart was frozen off , thats the end of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

are we confusing warts with herpes here? thought once a wart was frozen off , thats the end of that.

The warts are a symptom of having the virus. You can't freeze off a virus.

Are these even common surely someone else has experienced them ? Just goes to show because I couldn't see them I never knew I had them... STI checks.. wish Id gone sooner!

• Advertisement

snipey wrote: »
    wire brush and Detol

That probably seems like the most reasonable thing to do at this stage!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are these even common surely someone else has experienced them ? Just goes to show because I couldn't see them I never knew I had them... STI checks.. wish Id gone sooner!

One of the most common stis afaik

Google them there is plenty of information out there

Im afraid of google.... when i typed it in it returned the potential of HPV to cause cancers... Plus I am still awaiting my other test results so Im really just trying to get a genuine opinion as its not something I would exactly bring up at the dinner table!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Did you tell your partner or do you want us to tell them?

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    Did you tell your partner or do you want us to tell them?

I don't have a partner.... thanks for the dig at my loneliness!

Im afraid of google.... when i typed it in it returned the potential of HPV to cause cancers... Plus I am still awaiting my other test results so Im really just trying to get a genuine opinion as its not something I would exactly bring up at the dinner table!

Well you need to inform yourself understand what strain you have and whether or not you are at increased risk as a result
    or you could simply go back to the clinic and get more information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Didn't mean any harm, just having the craic. As the others have said you'd be better off heeding the advice of the docs rather than anyone on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Dont Google symptoms, you'll get all kinds of ****e. Are you a female?

Not sure if you're trolling now!

Dont Google symptoms, you'll get all kinds of ****e. Are you a female?

Not sure if you're trolling now!

I'm fairly sure it would be hard for a guy to find internal genital warts.

Googling how common are genital warts or how to prevent same both give informative and reliable links imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jackdalad23

I just got a little sick into my mouth ..... Im ok now thanks !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement