Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumbbell curl 15kg

Options
  • 14-03-2015 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I've recently started doing dumbbell curls 15kg weights apiece how long if I workout everyday will I see results, my target is June 1st.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

Sounds like a really good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

mick145 wrote: »
    I've recently started doing dumbbell curls 15kg weights apiece how long if I workout everyday will I see results, my target is June 1st.

What are 'results'?

Gonna work any other muscles or...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

From my calculations if you workout every day then you will see results on May 19th. That means you can afford to take a few days off and still meet your deadline.

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

jive wrote: »
    From my calculations if you workout every day then you will see results on May 19th. That means you can afford to take a few days off and still meet your deadline.

Best of luck with it

I got the same, using the standard calculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I actually reckon it will be by July 19th. You'll have weapons above your elbows for your holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mick145

What are 'results'?

Gonna work any other muscles or...?
    By results I mean increase in bicep muscle mass, gonna start off with biceps first.

Using the same weight over and over is unlikely to continuously yield results. But give it a go if you want. You won't lose anything

Using the same weight over and over is unlikely to continuously yield results. But give it a go if you want. You won't lose anything
    Ya I know which is why I'll increase the weight size once the current weights im using feel less and less heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

Why just biceps. It would be very easy to add in the triceps as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Why just biceps. It would be very easy to add in the triceps as well

Sure why would you want to work anything other than biceps??? Much harder to flex Tri's brah :cool:

Ye trying to work the triceps is too awkward, just primarily focusing on the biceps for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Well if your goal is to get big arms then focus on triceps more than biceps as it makes up the most of your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

Ye trying to work the triceps is too awkward, just primarily focusing on the biceps for now.

so basically your looking for results without the work. a lot of movements are awkward for one reason or another.

There's loads of DB movements on YouTube to get you started.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Huh? There are tonnes of variations you can do for triceps, plus triceps contain more muscles than your bisceps so you're immediatley setting yourself at a disadvantage

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

This has to be a piss take?

mada82 wrote: »
    This has to be a piss take?

You can't half-arse a gun show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TracyWills

go for the triceps if you want to have a big freaking arms.

Advertisement