Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gastrocpy Tomorrow

Options
  • 12-03-2015 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Hi,

im having a gastrcopy of my stomache tomorrow, has anyone has this done before?

also, how long after can you drink, i have a work due that night and will I be able to drink. app is at 7am

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

mrmorgan wrote: »
    Hi,

im having a gastrcopy of my stomache tomorrow, has anyone has this done before?

also, how long after can you drink, i have a work due that night and will I be able to drink. app is at 7am

It's grand. Ask your doctor, I'd imagine they'd advise against drinking if you're sedated for it. I've done it twice without.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I chose not to be sedated and left the hospital a few hours later. If you are sedated you need to stay till evening. It's ok, not painful, just relax and let them work away. Ask about the drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

I chose not to be sedated and left the hospital a few hours later. If you are sedated you need to stay till evening. It's ok, not painful, just relax and let them work away. Ask about the drinking.

it depends on what time you get your sedation at and how you are when you come to. i collected a relative just after 1 yesterday. he came to and was given 2 slices of toast.

He stopped in the hospital shop and got a bottle of water.

If your getting sedated you won't be discharged until someone collects you as you can't drive for a certain amount of time after the procedure

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

didnt get sedated and i thought it was horrible

felt like i was drowning for 3 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

But it's over now. You can relax. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

But it's over now. You can relax. :)

until the next time :)

Advertisement