Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting someone to make out a meal programme

• 01-02-2015 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

is there places where you can get people to make out a diet plan for you. I know one can probably easily do it on the internet but want to go to someone and be able to explain well I like this and I would never eat that. Need to be eating enough for a calorie surplus. For example I don't eat fish so any plan with fish in it really is a waste as I am never going to eat it. I also want to be able to say for example I have a 15 minute break at this time and what should I be eating here etc.

Im in cork by the way but what people normally do these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,602 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Should be easy enough to get somebody to do that for you. Especially if you are willing to pay for it.
    Wouldnt have to be in person either. Somebody online could do it for you, and still take into account your preferences, schedule, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Vaidookas_

Hey, its pretty hard work to be honest to setup the diet for individual and not yourself. Its whole science behind it. I was studying health & fitness personal training as my part time job so I can make the diet plan for you.

WorthIt wrote: »
    Hey, its pretty hard work to be honest to setup the diet for individual and not yourself. Its whole science behind it.
    No it's not, imo.
    It's pretty simple once you have a macro template planned out.
    I'd hazard a guess tha 1hr of your time is a reasonable charge.
    (Although, if somebody had a decent customisable template, it would take them less)

I have simple template I can give to you for free. I have developed it using BMR calculations, its pretty simple and easy to understand. I dont charge people for fitness or health advises as I dont do personal training any more. However I would be glad to share my knowledge (for free of course) if that could help you to get healthier ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Hey, its pretty hard work to be honest to setup the diet for individual and not yourself. Its whole science behind it. I was studying health & fitness personal training as my part time job so I can make the diet plan for you.
    I have simple template I can give to you for free. I have developed it using BMR calculations, its pretty simple and easy to understand. I dont charge people for fitness or health advises as I dont do personal training any more. However I would be glad to share my knowledge (for free of course) if that could help you to get healthier ;)

Make up your mind.

It's either hard or its not.

OP if you throw up your weight/height/goals and what you're currently eating on a daily basis the folks here can point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement

Make up your mind.

It's either hard or its not.

To figure out macros its easy! But to figure out WHAT to eat for all day all week is hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

forgot to get back to this. defo need to get something sorted as its effecting my training not getting enough calories in.

it should work well for me as I will know in advance what I will need to buy for the week and what I need to take out of freezer night before etc. my biggest problem now is that I don't have anything prepped and as such don't have anything prepared so often end up going without and eating some other rubbish instead.

what should I be paying for this about from someone professional. in general would they take my weight and see what calories I would need in other to start increasing eight etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

mengele wrote: »
    forgot to get back to this. defo need to get something sorted as its effecting my training not getting enough calories in.

it should work well for me as I will know in advance what I will need to buy for the week and what I need to take out of freezer night before etc. my biggest problem now is that I don't have anything prepped and as such don't have anything prepared so often end up going without and eating some other rubbish instead.

what should I be paying for this about from someone professional. in general would they take my weight and see what calories I would need in other to start increasing eight etc

I know its a while since your medical training, but the basics of nutrition can't have changed that much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

I know its a while since your medical training, but the basics of nutrition can't have changed that much?

what do you mean medical training?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

what do you mean medical training?

Sorry, thought with that username you'd get the reference... ;)

• Advertisement

Vaidookas_ wrote: »
    To figure out macros its easy! But to figure out WHAT to eat for all day all week is hard!
    No it isn't imo. Figuring it out is really easy.

The hard part is following it, or rather getting somebody else to follow it.
    For a complete individual "consultation", you are looking at maybe 45mins. So on that basis you should be paying more or else the same price for a PT Session.

If you want somebody to do a rough diet plan online, I imagine you pay a bit less, as online consultation is basically cheaper and more cost effective in all industries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭cmyk

Here you go...swole.me

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

cmyk wrote: »
    Here you go...swole.me

I love a good vanity domain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

nicely done.
    I did laugh .

Advertisement