Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

My latest prairie dress fix, I hope I snap out of this obsession soon because I can't really afford it!

bluedress3a.jpg

bluedress3b.jpg

bluedress3c.jpg

Hoping to be able to take the neckline down and bit and pin it open somehow, gotta show off the collar bone when yer hiding nearly everything else ;) Found out it will only cost 5 euro in the vintage shop in Cork city (near north main st) to get my other dresses taken up in case anyone needs it done! Very good value compared to the guy on Washington st everyone goes to. About 23 euro with postage from Etsy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm trying to decide about getting some of this lace trend...is it cute or tacky? :S

I'm trying to decide about getting some of this lace trend...is it cute or tacky? :S

Nah lace is classic, but all the cheapy/badly made crap in the shops at the minute is awful. If I were to go for lace I'd make sure the lace itself, as well as any other fabrics in the piece were very good quality and also go for a good classic cut, the cuts in fashion at the minute are woefully unflattering for most women. I wouldn't buy lace pieces from any of the high street shops though, most mass produced stuff looks sh*te, lace or not these days unless you're buying in the more pricey shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Just bought this:

12264-1_category.jpg?8f16195404b3f179d560c00e619fbd5d8515942f

*really* hope it's not too short tho:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

belle_09 wrote: »
    Saw it in red before on ASOS. Do they still have it? Red would be lovely. Must take a look :rolleyes:

i need to find this!really need to stop sjopping though,spend a crazy amount today :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    My latest prairie dress fix, I hope I snap out of this obsession soon because I can't really afford it!

Hoping to be able to take the neckline down and bit and pin it open somehow, gotta show off the collar bone when yer hiding nearly everything else ;) Found out it will only cost 5 euro in the vintage shop in Cork city (near north main st) to get my other dresses taken up in case anyone needs it done! Very good value compared to the guy on Washington st everyone goes to. About 23 euro with postage from Etsy

Yeah but you'll have a fine collection of prairie dresses in the wardrobe!!

Haha, I totally agree about showing the collarbone! I'm usually always covered up on top and when I'm not wearing one of my beloved button ups I get a comment on the cleavage from friends who forget that I actually possess one :P

You look gorgeous in the latest WIWT, I think its my favourite look on you so far, red is great on you.

I'm currently trying to find the perfect reasonably priced (read: worth its money, not marked up because its 'vintage') 1960s boucle coat. Many hours thrawling etsy and ebay have proved fruitless as they're either xs or L or XL :(

I bought these for work

5318421680251_Black_sm1.jpg

And this too

5130423193599_Raspberry_sm1.jpg

I'm now taking a lump hammer to my internet router :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

FUtoo wrote: »
    I bought these for work

5318421680251_Black_sm1.jpg

QUOTE]

I was looking at these booties for ages but couldnt decide if they'll look good on - could you post a photo maybe when you get them of how they are on the foot?
    They look gorgeous otherwise :)

I'll let you know what they're like:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

121677.jpg

These but in a nude colour. I already have them in this colour and they are by far the most comfortable pair of heels I own. :)

I got the navy ones last week and wore them to a wedding on Friday. Most comfortable pair of shoes EVER!!! Might be getting a few more pairs :)

Yeah but you'll have a fine collection of prairie dresses in the wardrobe!!

Haha, I totally agree about showing the collarbone! I'm usually always covered up on top and when I'm not wearing one of my beloved button ups I get a comment on the cleavage from friends who forget that I actually possess one :P

You look gorgeous in the latest WIWT, I think its my favourite look on you so far, red is great on you.

I'm currently trying to find the perfect reasonably priced (read: worth its money, not marked up because its 'vintage') 1960s boucle coat. Many hours thrawling etsy and ebay have proved fruitless as they're either xs or L or XL :(

Aw thanks hun! The collection is certainly building up now alright :D Ya the boyf loves that gunne on me, I think because it's red (his favourite colour) and a bit revealing up top but still all long and floaty and girlie. He's a bit of a wierd one that way, LOVES maxi dresses on women. I wasn't 100% sure of it initially but it's growing on me loads lately, red isn't a colour I wear very often really. I'm kinda going through a powder blue phase these days. Be sure and let me know if you find a coat, I'll keep an eye out for you!

Oh got some cool little bits in the charity shops, namely 3 pairs of shoes (for a whopping 9euros altogether) and a lovely little mirror for 50cent. I love the first pair of black ones especially really lovely old fashioned design and super comfy. Apologies for the crappy pics feeling lazy and spent way too long online already today revamping the blog.

blackshoes.jpg

blackclogs.jpg

blueshoes-1.jpg

123328.jpg

I also got an amazing black and red plaid 50's style day dress too for 6euro, but I'll save that for an outfit post sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Orlee wrote: »
    I got the navy ones last week and wore them to a wedding on Friday. Most comfortable pair of shoes EVER!!! Might be getting a few more pairs :)

I know! I have them in navy and nude and grey and black already :D

I could LIVE in them!!

055mt.jpg

Got the lace! Now I just need to find a way to preserve my modesty and not look naked :S

And you can never have too many hats either! :D

@Sapsparrow: Those shoes are amazing! Wheres this charity shop? Sounds way better than anyone of the crap ones I ever go to, its just granny clothes!

oh nice choice crayolastereo! Ehm the first black ones came from the DAWG shop in Midleton, the mules and sparkly ones (and the 50s dress) came from Gorta in Mallow and the mirror came from DAWG mallow. I tend to pop into any I pass if they're open every week or two, being consistent is the key to finding the treasure! If you're in Cork apparantly the one in Millstreet is really good.

I'm in Dublin sadly, but I've an aunt in Cork who I must ask to go in for me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭hatethisfeeling

055mt.jpg

Got the lace! Now I just need to find a way to preserve my modesty and not look naked :S

And you can never have too many hats either! :D

@Sapsparrow: Those shoes are amazing! Wheres this charity shop? Sounds way better than anyone of the crap ones I ever go to, its just granny clothes!

where did you get that dress i love it!

€10 in Penneys! There was a navy and black one as well. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I'm in Dublin sadly, but I've an aunt in Cork who I must ask to go in for me! :D

I'm in Sligo and the pickings aren't great but I've found a handful of nice things, the trick is to go in every couple of weeks and have a good route through the rails of size 18 granny shirts because the stock is always been changed weekly. When I was in Dublin I started off in Ranelagh and worked my way down to Georges St.
    I'm addicted to charity shopping now :)

Sapsorrow - i love the first pair of shoes! And the red dress is a dream, sexy but demure in equal measure, the right side of sexy! I'm with-holding from buying shoes at the moment. I bought a pair of ray-bans from ebay for $100 but I don't think they suit me! I just want to find the perfect pair of glasses that hark back to better times :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

fluffo wrote: »
    These are amazing futurecrook, i've been looking for shoes like them. Where did you get them??

My latest purchase was a gorgeous floral dress from La Senza which is nice enough to wear outside. It's not on the website anymore, but it's by no means see through or risky for every day wear! I love it :)

I got them in Schuh. :) They're really comfy. Wore them out for my birthday and was dancing away all night and didn't have any sore feet the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got these two tops in H&M in Liffey Valley yesterday for €6.95 each. I love them, they are gorgeous on. They look nicer on than they do in the photos.

CharcoalTop-1.jpg

Close-up of the sleeve on the Charcoal coloured top.
    CharcoalTop-2.jpg

GreyTop-1.jpg

Close-up of the sleeve on the Grey coloured top.
    GreyTop-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

heart print tights; 4euro
    0cd0e654c79c9c4d_e15ef08d9d6bc79807ac73b6c1275888.larger.jpg and an awesome nude dress that looks vintage....ish :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Some nice nail varnish shades from Catrice - both trying to copy shades from Chanel. I love the taupe shade - it's really nice on.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMLeCtO6lQPhRM4gUd-vtswQacMzkjhK7CmbiKn_lbePqqm_4&t=1&usg=__N3q2CtUEOfh_XhAjCD-Fjd1yYko=

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ8CCWdXUXEPDPvK_pwYW3VdDARWq_OIYeC5Ob25-_DsXRWho&t=1&usg=__Dn4ATET3lvMMmU1K0nVuwkcTdOM=

dudara wrote: »
    Some nice nail varnish shades from Catrice - both trying to copy shades from Chanel. I love the taupe shade - it's really nice on.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMLeCtO6lQPhRM4gUd-vtswQacMzkjhK7CmbiKn_lbePqqm_4&t=1&usg=__N3q2CtUEOfh_XhAjCD-Fjd1yYko=

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ8CCWdXUXEPDPvK_pwYW3VdDARWq_OIYeC5Ob25-_DsXRWho&t=1&usg=__Dn4ATET3lvMMmU1K0nVuwkcTdOM=
    Is it good nail varnish? Is it expensive? And where is it available to buy in Ireland/online that delivers to Ireland please?

Thanks.

It's very cheap, I've bought it here in the Netherlands for €2.49 a bottle. It's very good quality for the price with no chipping for 2-3 days.

A lot of Dunnes and independant chemists sell the brand. I know that Beaut.ie had a recent article where they asked people to list all the Catrice stockists that they knew of. Here's a link to the list that they compiled.

• Advertisement

It's very cheap, I've bought it here in the Netherlands for €2.49 a bottle. It's very good quality for the price with no chipping for 2-3 days.

A lot of Dunnes and independant chemists sell the brand. I know that Beaut.ie had a recent article where they asked people to list all the Catrice stockists that they knew of. Here's a link to the list that they compiled.
    Thank you Dudara.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

0cd0e654c79c9c4d_e15ef08d9d6bc79807ac73b6c1275888.larger.jpg and an awesome nude dress that looks vintage....ish :)

Nice tights... where did you buy? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I have both of these colours (as well as many.. many.. more I <3 nailpolish!), the taupe is fantastic! The green looks wicked on feet too! Rather good quality considering you're paying less than €3 a bottle, easily would get 3+ days without chipping. Only thing is I find you need 3 coats to get a decent colour out of them! LOVE the packaging!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Hey can men (me) post their fashion stuff here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Of course you can!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Larianne wrote: »
    Of course you can!!

cheers so i was at river island today so ill take a few pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I have both of these colours (as well as many.. many.. more I <3 nailpolish!), the taupe is fantastic! The green looks wicked on feet too! Rather good quality considering you're paying less than €3 a bottle, easily would get 3+ days without chipping. Only thing is I find you need 3 coats to get a decent colour out of them! LOVE the packaging!

Where can I buy this?

Where can I buy this?

See a list of stockists here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Bought these shoes a while back for work/interviews, but they are just so amazingly comfortable that I walked about 10km in them last weekend (honest to god, I just kept going and my legs didn't feel tired at all!). One of the best investments in life are good quality shoes.

The dress I bought last week for a thing I'm going to, just not sure what shoes to wear, because I only have high black old fashioned lace ups handy right now..or flip flops :) Had to do some stitching with the dress as well, didn't fit super but i loved the print and I'm such a sucker for mesh underskirts!

DSCF6035.jpg?t=1281427431

DSCF6025.jpg?t=1281427413

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

where did you get them , looking everywhere for a decent pair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Love the shoes and dress ladymaybell:) So pretty.

Another Sapsorrow inspired dress. Thats the last one, have only worn one so far:o Just a sucker for pretty things. Have to go and get 3x school jumpers and 3 x school tracksuits for the boys later, will come to approx €200:mad: If only they didn't have to be crested

il_430xN.160095419.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

I got these shoes on sale. Yay for a bargain!

attachment.php?attachmentid=123527&stc=1&d=1281436491

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

That dress is gorgeous lindtee!

That dress is gorgeous lindtee!

Thanks:) As I've said before I blame Sapsorrow for introducing me into the world of pretty prairie dresses. I also think its because I have 3 sons that I'll never be able to put pretty dresses on:pac:, that has me hooked! Its so boring shopping for boys, never a good selection and never, ever pretty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

lindtee wrote: »
    Its so boring shopping for boys, never a good selection and never, ever pretty!
    Try BEING a boy and find something that isn't grey, blue or black. :(:(:(

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Nice on Lindtee! I was considering that one myself but I was a bit aprehensive of the shade of pink with my tone of red hair, if I go for pink it kinda has to be quite a muted dusky tone so I left it in the end. Lovely though, hoping you're gonna start posting in the what I wore today thread one of these days *cough!... hint.. hint.. cough!*

OldGoat wrote: »
    Try BEING a boy and find something that isn't grey, blue or black. :(:(:(

This P*sses my boyfriend offf no end, thank god for the the interweb and my 3v card!

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Nice on Lindtee! I was considering that one myself but I was a bit aprehensive of the shade of pink with my tone of red hair, if I go for pink it kinda has to be quite a muted dusky tone so I left it in the end. Lovely though, hoping you're gonna start posting in the what I wore today thread one of these days *cough!... hint.. hint.. cough!*

Unfortunately I lack your poise and beauty and I don't want to hurt the eyes of the viewers of the WIWT thread! But maybe one day............maybe:cool: Pink suits me for some reason though, despite being a red head.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

TO EVERYONE ASKING ABOUT THE HEART PRINT TIGHTS:
    namely these0cd0e654c79c9c4d_e15ef08d9d6bc79807ac73b6c1275888.larger.jpg...

******RIVER ISLANDDDDDDDDDD!! *****
    but i saw some in topshop too though. but they were more expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭skitzyspider

TO EVERYONE ASKING ABOUT THE HEART PRINT TIGHTS:
    namely these0cd0e654c79c9c4d_e15ef08d9d6bc79807ac73b6c1275888.larger.jpg...

******RIVER ISLANDDDDDDDDDD!! *****
    but i saw some in topshop too though. but they were more expensive!

Which RiverIsland? Iv checked on the website but they arn't on it..were they on sale or is 4 quid the usual price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Got this for my best friends 21st next week. Absolutely gorgeous on!

http://lipsy.co.uk/store/day-dresses/lipsy-frill-front-chiffon-dress/product-is-DR03848_002

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think Asos have some heart print tights in their clearance section right now

<3 these ones:
    image1xxl.jpg

Loads of little things reduced in Boots in Mahon point today. Got

10099700?wid=88&hei=111&op_sharpen=1
    Mini brush set for €1.88 (from about €8)- Looks decent quality

10088716?wid=88&hei=111&op_sharpen=1
    Ms Manicure's Handy Dandy Mani Manicure Tool set - €3.48 (from about €18:eek:)

10088681?wid=88&hei=111&op_sharpen=1
    38c for 5 emery boards

A little make-up kit containing waterproof mascara, lip gloss and nail varnish for €1.50 and also a 6 back of johnsons baby wipes for €4.49:cool:

Also went to Zara and got a really lovely tee-shirt dress for €3.99 (was €24.99) and a nice lace top for €3.99(was 14.99). Will see if I can find pics later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

lindtee wrote: »
    Loads of little things reduced in Boots in Mahon point today. Got

10099700?wid=88&hei=111&op_sharpen=1
    Mini brush set for €1.88 (from about €8)- Looks decent quality

10088716?wid=88&hei=111&op_sharpen=1
    Ms Manicure's Handy Dandy Mani Manicure Tool set - €3.48 (from about €18:eek:)

10088681?wid=88&hei=111&op_sharpen=1
    38c for 5 emery boards

A little make-up kit containing waterproof mascara, lip gloss and nail varnish for €1.50 and also a 6 back of johnsons baby wipes for €4.49:cool:

Also went to Zara and got a really lovely tee-shirt dress for €3.99 (was €24.99) and a nice lace top for €3.99(was 14.99). Will see if I can find pics later.
    err is that boots sales going on for much longer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement