Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC M9 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Have a M9 waiting at home. Was delivered by Three today. Not many people got it from Three as they had a huge mess up online and in store. People who preordered on Day 1 of preorder launch were told its out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

dan786 wrote: »
    Have a M9 waiting at home. Was delivered by Three today. Not many people got it from Three as they had a huge mess up online and in store. People who preordered on Day 1 of preorder launch were told its out of stock.

Does this mean if I order it now on line as an upgrade from Three they won't ship it tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I keep going back and forward on whether to go for one or not. Have an M7 and the Boomsound is a huge deal for me, would be loathe to give it up by going to another phone. I never really had many issues with the camera on the M7 to be honest and I'm surprised it's held in such low regard. If the M9's is an improvement on it, I think I'll be happy.

Flaccus wrote: »
    Does this mean if I order it now on line as an upgrade from Three they won't ship it tomorrow ?

Possibly. There were a few upset people on their FB page.

I see there are already some up for sale on Adverts for decent asking prices.

I keep going back and forward on whether to go for one or not. Have an M7 and the Boomsound is a huge deal for me, would be loathe to give it up by going to another phone. I never really had many issues with the camera on the M7 to be honest and I'm surprised it's held in such low regard. If the M9's is an improvement on it, I think I'll be happy.

The speakers are definitely noticeably quieter on the M9 than my M8, although still should good. I seem to remember the were complaints of the M8 being quieter than M7 when it came out, but it got louder with updates.

Have also heard the M9 sounds amazing through headphones, loud and clear. Will have a listen now.

Edit: Seriously loud from the headphones.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    The speakers are definitely noticeably quieter on the M9 than my M8, although still should good. I seem to remember the were complaints of the M8 being quieter than M7 when it came out, but it got louder with updates.

Have also heard the M9 sounds amazing through headphones, loud and clear. Will have a listen now.

Edit: Seriously loud from the headphones.

Am sold now on the M9 since it's loud from the headphones.
    I find my IP6 doesn't cut it at all.

Incidentally are the included headphones any good. I remember HTC touting earlier this year about how they would be audiophile quality. Am sure they are not but have to better than earpods.

Incidentally are the included headphones any good. I remember HTC touting earlier this year about how they would be audiophile quality. Am sure they are not but have to better than earpods.

Looks like they're the same bog-standard ones from the M7/M8.

They're the same as the ones that came with M8, which isn't a bad thing....when I got M7 I got the official beats earbuds, and I reckon the M8 ones are better.

In any case, most audiophiles have their own headphones anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

What Kind of charger comes with it? Is it a fast charger?

Delboy5 wrote: »
    What Kind of charger comes with it? Is it a fast charger?

No, standard 1.5A output. I think you have to purchase the fast charger separately, and there are also other compatible ones.

From what I've read, fast charging isn't good for the long term life of your battery, so I probably won't bother with it.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Only had a very quick play with the cam, will do some more a bit later. It seems fine, but pretty sure the OTA I'm currently resisting improves it quite a bit :D

I have only installed OTA's off Sammobile for the Note 4.
    Is there a quick guide on how to do it for the M9 ?

I have only installed OTA's off Sammobile for the Note 4.
    Is there a quick guide on how to do it for the M9 ?

Notification on phone > download > install > done

Lol. I was thinking about the updates from Samsung that are not network specific which you can use Odin to flash :)

Is that camera lense on the back proper glass/sapphire ? Does it looks like the yoke won't get scratched up ?
    What about the phones finish. HTC bragged about it having a scratch resistant coating. I wonder. Obviously I don't want you to test it out.

Any sign of a free case this year like on the M8 ?

Lol. I was thinking about the updates from Samsung that are not network specific which you can use Odin to flash :)

Is that camera lense on the back proper glass/sapphire ? Does it looks like the yoke won't get scratched up ?
    What about the phones finish. HTC bragged about it having a scratch resistant coating. I wonder. Obviously I don't want you to test it out.

Any sign of a free case this year like on the M8 ?

Yeah, Samsung can be quite different with all that Odin stuff, haven't messed with it since the Note 2.

Back camera lens is Sapphire, they said it was in a lot of the marketing...so theoretically it won't scratch.

Not sure how to test it for anti scratch, but when i hold both the M8 and M9, the M8 feels colder/more metallic but also slippier, which I guess could be to do with the coating.

The actual overall finish is pretty amazing. I'm not one for inspecting every inch of a device, for fear of finding some minor imperfection that might bug me, but it really does look top notch, not like in previous years where you might find small gaps, or things slightly misaligned.

Yep, like lifting speaker grilles and loose rocker buttons on the M8. I read the speaker grilles this time round are metal.

Think I will give it a punt.

Update : just placed my order. went for silver/gold.

They said delivery within 2 days but does not apply to preorder or new items.
    So I guess it depends on supply/demand.

I wonder if I have a shot at having it by the weekend :)

Yep, like lifting speaker grilles and loose rocker buttons on the M8. I read the speaker grilles this time round are metal.

Think I will give it a punt.

Update : just placed my order. went for silver/gold.

They said delivery within 2 days but does not apply to preorder or new items.
    So I guess it depends on supply/demand.

I wonder if I have a shot at having it by the weekend :)

Bill Pay or Prepay?

Meteor saying they have it in stores now and will have it online tomorrow. Not sure of the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Just played with s6 and edge... I don't get it... Still lightweight cheap plastic but this time covered in glossy acrylic. Don't like the curved screen, it causes more problems than it solves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

How can the phone be €749 on HTC Ireland's site http://shop.emea.htc.com/ie/p_htc_store_product.aspx?i=274737

and only €629 on the Carphonewarehouse one? http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Product/htc-one-m9/238844/1.3

Davexirl wrote: »
    How can the phone be €749 on HTC Ireland's site http://shop.emea.htc.com/ie/p_htc_store_product.aspx?i=274737

and only €629 on the Carphonewarehouse one? http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Product/htc-one-m9/238844/1.3

The one from HTC is factory unlocked opposed to locked one from carphone. Factory Unlocked models are always priced way higher than locked.

• Advertisement

Meteor's pricing is mental. €249 on a two-year contract at €60 a month. Vodafone are selling the phone for €49 on a two-year €55 contract.

Meteor's pricing is mental. €249 on a two-year contract at €60. Vodafone are selling the phone for €49 on a two-year €55 contract.

Vodafone no doubt pushing for contracts. I paid an arm and a leg to buy device outright from them. Was told I was entitled to an upgrade, but said no thanks....not committing to another two years :D

dan786 wrote: »
    Bill Pay or Prepay?

Bill pay. I was due an upgrade since March. Went for the 55 euro plan. Got it for 117 euro.
    Had considered VF but Threes all you can eat (15gb fair usage) is hard to beat.
    Also, I don't pay for the phone till next bill. Which will be sometime next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

getting this soon enough just waiting on a bank statement so i get it on bill pay

i currently have an iphone 4s so this phone will be a big step up

Is the dot view 2 case out in any stores yet ?

I assume no freebie tpu case comes with the m9 (the m8 has one)

Is the dot view 2 case out in any stores yet ?

I assume no freebie tpu case comes with the m9 (the m8 has one)

Vodafone had no cases, and no, there isn't a free case this year (even if the quality of the one last year was shocking).

For now, one of my M8 silicon cases fits fine. Some things just don't line up properly, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Any early impressions on battery life?

Looking at the CNET camera shootout I honestly don't see much difference between the S6, M9 and IP6 apart from a little overexposing in M9 outdoor photos and deeper blue in sky pics on the IP6.

Testament1 wrote: »

Looking at the CNET camera shootout I honestly don't see much difference between the S6, M9 and IP6 apart from a little overexposing in M9 outdoor photos and deeper blue in sky pics on the IP6.

Mine was brutal yesterday, would have only got about 4-5 hours screen on time, and that's around the house on Wi-Fi. With the M8 last year, I could get 7+ hours in the same scenario. I didn't have a SIM in though, which may have affected it.

Took the OTA this morning. Will put my sim in when I'm home from work at lunchtime, and see how it goes.

Testament1 wrote: »

I agree about the camera. The results make it so either phone take decent pics. I am no expert. I take snaps.

Will be interesting to see users battery life findings.

Regarding cases, this time I want something slim and something which does not cover the design so I am considering the official htc clearish case or the spigen ultra hybrid crystal. Tired of otterboxes, uag's and their ilk. I think the dot view would annoy me.

This then
    http://ie.mobilefun.com/51761-official-htc-one-m9-clear-case-clear-onyx-black.htm

Or this
    http://ie.mobilefun.com/52418-spigen-ultra-hybrid-htc-one-m9-case-crystal-clear.htm

Once concern is how scratch resistant are the backs of these things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Pretty scratch resistant... You shouldn't have much trouble over any other device...

HTC One M9 VS iPhone 6 Drop Test: http://youtu.be/i9Q4WGTS-88

Advertisement