Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC M9 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Basil3 wrote: »
    Have you checked the APN settings against the ones on your M8?
    Haven't got the m8 anymore; it was traded in against the M9. Just been speaking to a 3 agent, who said I was the fourth customer he's dealt with who had the same problem. They're looking into it at the moment. He then gave me a number for HTC which I rang; closed due to a public holiday.

blueser wrote: »
    Haven't got the m8 anymore; it was traded in against the M9. Just been speaking to a 3 agent, who said I was the fourth customer he's dealt with who had the same problem. They're looking into it at the moment. He then gave me a number for HTC which I rang; closed due to a public holiday.

I would just check your apn settings, usually best place to start when you have that kind of issue.

I would just check your apn settings, usually best place to start when you have that kind of issue.
    Cheers. As I'm a bit of a dinosaur, I'll try and track that down online.

Found this;
    http://ask3.three.ie/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL/,/?Command=New,Kb=ROIWebportal,Ts=ROIWebBusiness,T=CaseDoc,varset_Catid=10155,Case=obj%289554%29
    Tried setting this up (Mobile data-Access point names-menu new APN), but still no joy. Most of the APN fields were blank when I entered that page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I only got mine Thursday and so far mobile seems data fine. Bill pay three upgrade.
    Are you sure this isn't pulled from the nano sim which gets it from the network.
    The reason I ask is because I just transferred my account from the micro sim to nano sim 3 sent me and everything works.
    I have also unlocked my phone (9.99 from sim-free unlock) and when I put in my meteor nano sim, the meteor apn settings show up.

Anyway here are the 3 settings. Hope this helps you.

My access point name is set to 3ireland.ie
    My network mode is set to 2G/3G/4G auto
    My network operator is set to 3
    My 3ireland.ie access point settings are as follows :
    Name : 3
    APN : 3ireland.ie
    Proxy : Not Set
    Port : Not Set
    Username : Not set
    Password : Not set
    Server : Not set
    MMSC : http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc
    MMS proxy : mms.3ireland.ie
    MMS port : 8799
    MMS protocol : WAP 2.0
    MCC : 272
    MNC : 05
    Authentication type : None
    APN Type : .
    APN enable/disable : APN enabled
    Bearer : Unspecified

Some noob questions for the M9 owners :

1. Are we stuck with HTC's 4x4 grid. It's pants. I have used the Google now launcher and Nova launchers before which remedies this, but does this cause extra load on the phone seeing as Sense is still running.

2. Anyway to get rid of blink feed on the M9 ?. I remember on the M8 this was the launcher and you could replace it with Nova for example and disable blink feed. There was even a way to get Blink Feed to come up with a swipe with Nova running.

3. Are we stuck with the sites on blink feed. Anyway to add your own ala Feedly which I think is superior.

4. My HTC is on Three. If I use say a meteor nano sim will I still get Android updates from Meteor when they push them out. And historically which provider is more timely with updates

5. Got around 4 hours on fully charged battery last night before I recharged at 5%. Seem to remember Apple saying 20% is optimal level for recharging if you want your battery to last as long as possible. I guess 4 hours stinks but I was running android updates, installing apps, and I guess the phone indexes everything. It got fairly warm. Its now dropped from 100% charge to 97% charge with screen off in the space of 29 minutes !! Checking battery usage is says Android System 100%. Then again, I have gps on, wifi on, google location services etc.. Any tips for optimising battery usage ? And what does Battery Saving mode actually do ?

Thanks

Flaccus wrote: »
    Some noob questions for the M9 owners :

1. Are we stuck with HTC's 4x4 grid. It's pants. I have used the Google now launcher and Nova launchers before which remedies this, but does this cause extra load on the phone seeing as Sense is still running.

2. Anyway to get rid of blink feed on the M9 ?. I remember on the M8 this was the launcher and you could replace it with Nova for example and disable blink feed. There was even a way to get Blink Feed to come up with a swipe with Nova running.

3. Are we stuck with the sites on blink feed. Anyway to add your own ala Feedly which I think is superior.

4. My HTC is on Three. If I use say a meteor nano sim will I still get Android updates from Meteor when they push them out. And historically which provider is more timely with updates

5. Got around 4 hours on fully charged battery last night before I recharged at 5%. Seem to remember Apple saying 20% is optimal level for recharging if you want your battery to last as long as possible. I guess 4 hours stinks but I was running android updates, installing apps, and I guess the phone indexes everything. It got fairly warm. Its now dropped from 100% charge to 97% charge with screen off in the space of 29 minutes !! Checking battery usage is says Android System 100%. Then again, I have gps on, wifi on, google location services etc.. Any tips for optimising battery usage ? And what does Battery Saving mode actually do ?

Thanks

1. Stock, you're stuck with it. Rooted, you have options. Viper beta is about to drop, and that has 4x5 and 5x6 options for Sense.

2. Just pinch home screen, to arrange screens, then just drag BlinkFeed screen to the trash, if that's what you mean.

3. There is some flexibility, don't know about Feedly.

4. Updates are done on CID, so no...popping in a different SIM won't bake a difference.

5. I wouldn't read too much into battery life at the start, as you're using it a lot and a lot is syncing. The battery life is pretty poor though, but I reckon it's something that can be fixed with updates. Theoretically, it's a more efficient chip than the one in M8, and the battery is bigger. Also, the battery drop when you first unplug doesn't mean much.

1. Stock, you're stuck with it. Rooted, you have options. Viper beta is about to drop, and that has 4x5 and 5x6 options for Sense.

2. Just pinch home screen, to arrange screens, then just drag BlinkFeed screen to the trash, if that's what you mean.

3. There is some flexibility, don't know about Feedly.

4. Updates are done on CID, so no...popping in a different SIM won't bake a difference.

5. I wouldn't read too much into battery life at the start, as you're using it a lot and a lot is syncing. The battery life is pretty poor though, but I reckon it's something that can be fixed with updates. Theoretically, it's a more efficient chip than the one in M8, and the battery is bigger. Also, the battery drop when you first unplug doesn't mean much.

Thanks mate.
    Yeah, I found the help here also
    http://www.htc.com/sea/support/htc-one-m9/howto/603532.html
    You can add custom topics in blink feed by just doing a search for a topic.
    Not too bad.

Will see how the battery goes. I'm not even going to be taking this phone outside (as I break stuff all the time) until this arrives :
    https://www.tech21.com/htc-one-m9-case-evo-check-smokey-black.html

Some other quick questions/observations :

I can't renew my free 100gb storage on google drive
    http://www.htc.com/sea/support/htc-one-m9/howto/603693.html
    Reckon it's because I had the M8 or phone ages back which gave me 100gb storage for 2 years on my google account. When I try to renew it says I must use a different account. Sucks.

What you reckon is the best app for displaying all your photos/vids from all online services in 1 place ? Had a play with HTC's one gallery which displays all my drop box and google drives stuff now in HTC's gallery. The interface is meh :( What's this other yoke called CloudEx ?

Not sure what I think about the themes app yet. Seems okaysish.
    Where is the material design gone ?

Thanks mate.
    Yeah, I found the help here also
    http://www.htc.com/sea/support/htc-one-m9/howto/603532.html
    You can add custom topics in blink feed by just doing a search for a topic.
    Not too bad.

Will see how the battery goes. I'm not even going to be taking this phone outside (as I break stuff all the time) until this arrives :
    https://www.tech21.com/htc-one-m9-case-evo-check-smokey-black.html

Some other quick questions/observations :

I can't renew my free 100gb storage on google drive
    http://www.htc.com/sea/support/htc-one-m9/howto/603693.html
    Reckon it's because I had the M8 or phone ages back which gave me 100gb storage for 2 years on my google account. When I try to renew it says I must use a different account. Sucks.

What you reckon is the best app for displaying all your photos/vids from all online services in 1 place ? Had a play with HTC's one gallery which displays all my drop box and google drives stuff now in HTC's gallery. The interface is meh :( What's this other yoke called CloudEx ?

Not sure what I think about the themes app yet. Seems okaysish.
    Where is the material design gone ?

The new design is more material than it was previously. Maybe a material theme will come out.

One Gallery is the new name for Cloud Ex.

In the terms and conditions for the 100GB on Drive, you can only have one per device, and one per google account. You might be able to work around like I have been with dropbox the last 3 or 4 years, where you sign up to a new offer with a different email address, then close down your first account and change the email address for the new one to your old (primary) email....if that makes sense :D

That's how I've kept up at about 75+GB on Dropbox for the last few years, and then they gave me a free pro account (1TB) for a year....no idea why, as I'd been taking advantage of their offers for a while until then.

The new design is more material than it was previously. Maybe a material theme will come out.

One Gallery is the new name for Cloud Ex.

In the terms and conditions for the 100GB on Drive, you can only have one per device, and one per google account. You might be able to work around like I have been with dropbox the last 3 or 4 years, where you sign up to a new offer with a different email address, then close down your first account and change the email address for the new one to your old (primary) email....if that makes sense :D

That's how I've kept up at about 75+GB on Dropbox for the last few years, and then they gave me a free pro account (1TB) for a year....no idea why, as I'd been taking advantage of their offers for a while until then.

Very good :) I only have whatever the standard is for dropbox but over 120gb on drive. Will try your suggestion :)
    Here is what google say though : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/19870?hl=en
    I wonder if you close your account with them, redeem the 100gb on a new google account, will they even let your change the email address to your original gmail, and wouldn't I loose the 125gb on my 1st account by closing it. Hmmm..

So when viper beta comes along please post how you get on. Might be interested in this myself as I just can't get on with the grid layout. Probably no point in running a launcher like nova or google over sense. So will chance rooting the phone. Any disadvantages to rooting other then the obvious ?

• Advertisement

Very good :) I only have whatever the standard is for dropbox but over 120gb on drive. Will try your suggestion :)

So when viper beta comes along please post how you get on. Might be interested in this myself as I just can't get on with the grid layout. Probably no point in running a launcher like nova or google over sense. So will chance rooting the phone. Any disadvantages to rooting other then the obvious ?

I dunno, I root on the day I get my devices now, but I do stuff for Team Venom, so I know I'll be flashing their ROM. If I didn't do all this stuff, I could probably live happily on an unrooted device though.

Over time, HTC are adding more and more features that only used to be the domain of custom ROMs, such as custom navbar buttons, hide nav bar, etc.

I think they will be releasing the first beta of their ROM today, I've been running it for a couple of days, and it's fine...still a few minor issues, but I have my usual tweaks like horizontal quick settings and long press power for flashlight.

I dunno, I root on the day I get my devices now, but I do stuff for Team Venom, so I know I'll be flashing their ROM. If I didn't do all this stuff, I could probably live happily on an unrooted device though.

Over time, HTC are adding more and more features that only used to be the domain of custom ROMs, such as custom navbar buttons, hide nav bar, etc.

I think they will be releasing the first beta of their ROM today, I've been running it for a couple of days, and it's fine...still a few minor issues, but I have my usual tweaks like horizontal quick settings and long press power for flashlight.

Always though if your rooted you wouldn't get an updates from your network. Shows you what I know. lol.

At least Three didn't put too much bloat on the phone. There is the usual Polaris Office app and a few others including some google apps I don't use I have disabled.

Pity I cannot remove their Accuweather app from the lock screen as I have another weather app I prefer.

Where are the lock screen widgets though that you could use on the M9 ?

I only got mine Thursday and so far mobile seems data fine. Bill pay three upgrade.
    Are you sure this isn't pulled from the nano sim which gets it from the network.
    The reason I ask is because I just transferred my account from the micro sim to nano sim 3 sent me and everything works.
    I have also unlocked my phone (9.99 from sim-free unlock) and when I put in my meteor nano sim, the meteor apn settings show up.

Anyway here are the 3 settings. Hope this helps you.

My access point name is set to 3ireland.ie
    My network mode is set to 2G/3G/4G auto
    My network operator is set to 3
    My 3ireland.ie access point settings are as follows :
    Name : 3
    APN : 3ireland.ie
    MMSC : http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc
    MMS proxy : mms.3ireland.ie
    MMS port : 8799
    MNC : 05
    Authentication type : None
    APN Type : .
    Cheers for the reply Flaccus. I actually managed to get through this morning to a young lady at 3 who actually seemed to know what she was talking about. Anyway, she gave me these settings, which seem to be working fine;
    Name : O2 Internet
    APN : internet
    MMSC :http://mms.o2.ie:8002
    MMS proxy :62.40.32.40
    MMS port : 8080
    MNC : 02
    Authentication type : PAP
    APN Type : Not set

Very good blueser. I mustn't have read your original post right as I thought you were on Three not O2 :) Glad you got sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Very good blueser. I mustn't have read your original post right as I thought you were on Three not O2 :) Glad you got sorted.

o2 and Three are the same thing now, there is no longer an o2, they've been amalgamated and share the same network infrastructure now.

o2 and Three are the same thing now, there is no longer an o2, they've been amalgamated and share the same network infrastructure now.

thanks. yeah, I knew that alright. but I thought he was asking for three apn settings as o2's are different even though same company.

I'm only getting a crappy 15-17Mb/s on 4g with Three.
    Will switch over to Meteor nano sim later and check.

Nice selection of material design wallpapers here.

I downloaded Muzei and MultiMuze from the play store also so it randomizes the wallpaper and doesn't blur it. Got around 20 good 'un's from that page.

http://www.cultofandroid.com/70253/141-pretty-wallpapers-android-5-0-lollipop/

Finding the One Gallery app (CloudEx) a bit pants. I had a lot of photos on Drive and DropBox all in different folders, basically albums. It just takes all the files and whacks them into a flat directory structure view, split up by time line that you can view in the standard Gallery App. It's not smart enough to convert your folder names into album names. Better than nothing I suppose but I will likely just stick with the standard Gallery for viewing stuff that is on the phone, and use Google Photos for online stuff which the Gallery app uploads anyway for new stuff.

Not gone on Sense Home widget. It just seems to pick random apps for Work and Out and makes poor suggestions for apps it thinks I would like, although I hear it gets better with use. I would prefer to jut set it up the way I want, but I noticed only on the Home grid you can delete and add whatever apps you want. On the other 2 grids, you remove an app and it adds another one randomly. Think I will give this a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

thanks. yeah, I knew that alright. but I thought he was asking for three apn settings as o2's are different even though same company.

I'm only getting a crappy 15-17Mb/s on 4g with Three.
    Will switch over to Meteor nano sim later and check.

Ah, apologies I misunderstood you. I'm on Three and the 4G is quite poor in my experience anyway though I can't compare it to the other networks as I've never used them.

I am on 3 now. Signed up on o2 last year, but things change!

• Advertisement

Just checking to see if speaker grilles on M9 are indeed metal and not plastic like M8 and noticed a rattle from top grille. Turns out its the camera. If you tap lightly on back of phone under camera or left of it you get a rattle. I'm probably being too fussy, however it sounds like the iPhone 6 "feature" where the auto focus mechanism /image stabilizer is suspended by magnets and will rattle while there is no current going through it. LOL.

I'm also not confident the gold trim will stand up to even light scuffs so have to be careful inserting the micro usb. It's a pity we don't have the lightning connector approach and coat the ends in soft plastic so as not to damage the casing on insertion.

Anyway, got about 8 hours battery yesterday. Made a few calls, texts, set up more apps, played around with themes, one gallery, took a few photos.

Turns out I was right about the rattling on the back of the M9. It's the cameras image stabilizer / auto focus thingy. Open the camera app and no more rattle if you tap the back of the phone. Turn off the app, and it flops around. Time to enjoy this phone how and stop looking critically at it.

Davexirl wrote: »
    How can the phone be €749 on HTC Ireland's site http://shop.emea.htc.com/ie/p_htc_store_product.aspx?i=274737

and only €629 on the Carphonewarehouse one? http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Product/htc-one-m9/238844/1.3

Sim-unlock will unlock it for 9.99. Had my m9 (locked to three originally) unlocked. So if you are buying it outright, but it for 629 from CPW and spend a tenner unlocking it instead of paying an extra 110 euro from HTC's site.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Can someone recommend a good cover for the M9?

Id like something clear\see through without adding much bulk to the phone.........

• Moderators Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Delboy5 wrote: »

Id like something clear\see through without adding much bulk to the phone.........

Looks like the M9 camera is pretty good if you tweak some settings in manual mode. So all we need from HTC
    is a software update. Must give these settings a go later.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=59821245&postcount=274

In summary, for good low light photos
    - Cap the ISO to ISO200
    - Reduce HTC's sharpness to -1.5
    - Cap the resolution to medium

• Advertisement

Official M9 Clear Case
    http://ie.mobilefun.com/51761-official-htc-one-m9-clear-case-clear-onyx-black.htm

Mine arrived today. Will take some pics when I get home.

Official M9 Clear Case
    http://ie.mobilefun.com/51761-official-htc-one-m9-clear-case-clear-onyx-black.htm

Mine arrived today. Will take some pics when I get home.

UPDATE : Avoid the official HTC clear case like the plague! Am sending mine back to mobile fun.

1. Mine had 2 deep scratches inside and out.
    2. The case scratches very easily. I wiped away the lint and it left lots of micro fibre scratches on the clear part.
    3. It has almost a zero lip on it so no lay on the table design.
    4. Very very difficult to remove and I have a scratch now near my headphone port.

A total piece of shoite.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

Flaccus wrote:
    A total piece of shoite.

Was looking at this earlier and nearly ordered it, will keep looking so.

These would probably be the most stylish cases that offer good protection

Case Mate tough case
    http://ie.mobilefun.com/51889-case-mate-tough-htc-one-m9-case-black.htm

UAG
    http://ie.mobilefun.com/52572-uag-maverick-htc-one-m9-protective-case-clear.htm

However if you want to show off the back of the phone I am convinced that almost any case with a translucent/clear back is going to be a scratch magnet. Tried the official HTC and it came pre scratched and on the M8 I tried the Spigen Ultra Hybrid with it's "anti scratch technology" and it was equally as pants.

The only exception I think it the Tech 21 evo case
    https://www.tech21.com/htc-one-m9-cases

However I have had bad experience with their customer service, and slow shipping.

At this point I am considering a case mate toughcase or barely there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Looks like the M9 camera is pretty good if you tweak some settings in manual mode. So all we need from HTC
    is a software update. Must give these settings a go later.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=59821245&postcount=274

In summary, for good low light photos
    - Cap the ISO to ISO200
    - Reduce HTC's sharpness to -1.5
    - Cap the resolution to medium

Good to see that it has the potential anyway, just brought down by some poor execution on HTCs part. How do you find it's handling daylight outdoor pics? Reviews seem to imply that on auto mode it's a bit of a lottery between stunning pics and poor overexposed pics.

I want to be sold on the M9 as I still like my M7 despite its flaws but the camera and battery are big selling points for me and so far I'm not fully convinced! May wait to see what LG have up their sleeve for the G4. Can't see myself getting an Xperia Z unless Sony really change up their ugly form factor.

• Advertisement

A total piece of shoite.

Thanks for the heads up....

Was looking at the following one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SNOU5IM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ABBG8QJ4C4M75

I had that exact case on my M8 and the transparent back despite it's anti scratch technology scratched after a few days. In fact it even had some faint scratches on it out of the box. Replaced it and the same. The only 2 cases with semi-transparent backs I know don't scratch up easily is the Tech21 EVO and the UAG Mavericks. Another option might the Cruzer Bugdriod circuit case on Amazon for a tenner.

Right now I got myself a wallet case inside in Three. Absolute rip off at 22 euro for fake leather and crappy build quality but it will do until I can decide how to proceed.

Camera update coming
    http://phandroid.com/2015/04/09/htc-one-m9-camera-update/

Are we dependent here on the carrier pushing it out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 carberry

If you picked it up from htc direct you wont be waiting on carriers to push them out but if you got it through one you most likely will.

On that point, anyone got one from a carrier and have the new update? On the fence at the moment to get it at the PAYG price from three or direct from htc.

Is it do-able to flash the non branded firmware to get OTA updates direct from HTC if I go the Three route? Coming from an S4 I know sites like SAMMobile exist for Samsung devices but not so sure on the process for HTC?

carberry wrote: »
    If you picked it up from htc direct you wont be waiting on carriers to push them out but if you got it through one you most likely will.

On that point, anyone got one from a carrier and have the new update? On the fence at the moment to get it at the PAYG price from three or direct from htc.

Is it do-able to flash the non branded firmware to get OTA updates direct from HTC if I go the Three route? Coming from an S4 I know sites like SAMMobile exist for Samsung devices but not so sure on the process for HTC?

Carriers are actually pretty good at pushing out updates now, nothing like the old days. HTC push out loads as well.

s-off will be released any day now (if not already). That costs $25US and allows you to flash any firmware at all.

Carriers are actually pretty good at pushing out updates now, nothing like the old days. HTC push out loads as well.

s-off will be released any day now (if not already). That costs $25US and allows you to flash any firmware at all.

Oh really? Didn't know that they had gotten better. I know updates were slow coming to my S4 so flashed the non branded firmware after a while. Having the option to flash the same onto the M9 would mean saving the €110 would be pretty sweet!

Thanks Basil!

Oh really? Didn't know that they had gotten better. I know updates were slow coming to my S4 so flashed the non branded firmware after a while. Having the option to flash the same onto the M9 would mean saving the €110 would be pretty sweet!

Thanks Basil!

Yeah, well as you can imagine, there's uproar at the guys who develop s-off charging $25 for something that used to be shared freely with the community, but until someone comes up with another solution, it's all we have.

They do an awesome job though, it's pretty much just an app you install and it does all the magic.

It will be available here sometime soon:

http://theroot.ninja/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I always recommend getting it sim free over a payg model from a network for many reason main one being htc and other companies spend millions on r&d for their software then a company like 3 or whoever slap their crap all over it. In a very short window from when they get the updated software to release of the phone. Plus personal experience is 3 software cause more problems than good!

Anyone recommend where i can buy the HTC Rapid Charger 2.0?

• Advertisement

Richie6904 wrote: »
    I always recommend getting it sim free over a payg model from a network for many reason main one being htc and other companies spend millions on r&d for their software then a company like 3 or whoever slap their crap all over it. In a very short window from when they get the updated software to release of the phone. Plus personal experience is 3 software cause more problems than good!

Yeah that is a worry of mine I'll admit and was the reason I was asking about the ability to flash custom roms to the device.

Consider the price difference is €110 between HTC and three.ie, going with the reduced cost but branded device is a "sweeter" option. It does come with those negatives for sure, but if they end up being too invasive or updates are too slow I can always flash the Stock HTC rom, right?

Case above arrived yesterday. Black version. Very happy with it. Nice lay on table design. Exellent corner bumper hard tpu protection. You can make out parts of the gold colour of the htc sides and the back is frosted polycarbonate and you can see the htc silver back. It does not take fingerprints or scratch up with small swirl marks if you wipe it unlike 100% other hard back cases. It's like a UAG but looks classier I think. And it was only 10 quid. I would be confident of no damage if I dropped it from waist height.

24.99 from HTC Accessory store direct but not in stock for a few days
    http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/ie/p_htc_item.aspx?i=270537&phone=274737

Yeah that is a worry of mine I'll admit and was the reason I was asking about the ability to flash custom roms to the device.

Consider the price difference is €110 between HTC and three.ie, going with the reduced cost but branded device is a "sweeter" option. It does come with those negatives for sure, but if they end up being too invasive or updates are too slow I can always flash the Stock HTC rom, right?

I got the three version and unlocked it for a tenner. I was able to remove all three specific software except something called three mobile services which can be disabled. However facebook, twitter, polaris office et.. could not be uninstalled as I presume they are on the system partition, so I disabled them. The Three startup and shutdown screen are still there though :(

I think I asked this before but does the network you are running effect how quickly you get updates ?

Also, does anyone know what this App&Store service is and why does Google Play services consume so much battery when screen is off. I assume it's all the synching going on and disabling wif/data overnight would help.

Camera update coming
    http://phandroid.com/2015/04/09/htc-one-m9-camera-update/

Are we dependent here on the carrier pushing it out ?

I wonder do we have the update already as the version of the firmware on my phone is a higher number then what is mentioned above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I was told that if I use a clear case as opposed to the official dot view one, that the phone won't get any updates until after the carriers release them... Is it true?

Also, why... Just why!

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I was told that if I use a clear case as opposed to the official dot view one, that the phone won't get any updates until after the carriers release them... Is it true?

Also, why... Just why!

:eek:

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Bluefoam wrote: »

Also, why... Just why!

178915_phone_shop.jpg

I actually went for this instead of the quick charger:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UL6MUMY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Its a 10,000mAh quick charge 2.0 battery pack for only £20. It works well, can get from dead to 50% in just over half an hour.

I went for this for a couple of reasons. I don't think it's good for your long term battery life to constantly be quick charging, so I wanted something that I could use when needed, but probably not daily. Also, a lot of times you need a quick boost, you might be on the go. It's not much more than a wall charger, so decent value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

How do I know if mine is a regular or quick charger...

Mine looks like the image below, but it is the exact same as the quick chargers I have seen... Confused...

345446.jpg

Advertisement