Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth Appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭grumpynerd

Cryptic writings never got a fair shake. Its a really slick but quite heavy album

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

grumpynerd wrote: »
    Cryptic writings never got a fair shake. Its a really slick but quite heavy album

As is Risk, that certainly has some tracks worthy of appreciation, but people became too fixated on what it was as opposed to what it was trying to achieve

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭grumpynerd

As is Risk, that certainly has some tracks worthy of appreciation, but people became too fixated on what it was as opposed to what it was trying to achieve

risk was a failure by not being risky enough.

it has more good tracks tjan bad and aftually its very dark in its own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

grumpynerd wrote: »
    risk was a failure by not being risky enough.

it has more good tracks tjan bad and aftually its very dark in its own way.

That's very true. There's a song on Cryptic Writing's which is my favourite Megadeth song of all time, I've heard it once live and was delighted they played it, though most people don't rate it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Short Euro run kicks off in Dublin.

11745644_10152841148442330_6646166062392438306_n.jpg?oh=05c9f375d8718453bf6c39f2b0255f3f&oe=56249783

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Looking forward to this,wonder will Adler be doing double duty?

lord lucan wrote: »
    Looking forward to this,wonder will Adler be doing double duty?

Adler will be doing double duty for the tour, he confirmed it himself on Twitter

https://twitter.com/ChrisAdlerMusic/status/620684076790362112

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

212 squids plus the ticket price for VIP Meet n Greets!

http://www.megadeth.com/tour-vip

Seriously Daves, seriously!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It is but I'm tempted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

"You're a good guitar player, but I think Kirk Hammett is better"

Is what I would be tempted to say but 200 odd quid is steep enough without some medical bills on top of that.

• Advertisement

Track-listing for the new album revealed by Dave Mustaine.

01. Death From Within
    02. Fatal Illusion
    03. Conquer... Or Die!
    04. Lying In State
    05. Me Hate You
    06. The Emperor's New Clothes
    07. Dystopia
    08. Bullet To The Brain
    09. Last Dying Wish
    10. Post American World
    11. Look Who's Talking
    12. The Threat Is Real
    13. Poisonous Shadows
    14. Melt The Ice Away (BUDGIE cover)
    15. Foreign Policy (FEAR cover)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

A question on the Remasters. There are a few albums I'd like to pick up on vinyl, and was going to get one or two of the old Megadeth ones (SFSGSW and maybe PSBWB)

I have a digital copy of SFSGSW and some of the stuff on the remasters just doesn't sit right. It's like there are extra instruments or something in there and some of the intros have been changed.

Doesn't sit right with me! Are the vinyls just copies of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

I have the Vynl of SFSGSW and I have to say the whole thing is quite muddy and noisey, my guess would be that they probably tried to clear that up when mixing for digital

Edit: Sorry just realised youre talking about remasters

Are the new vinyls the remasters or not?

Into the Lungs of Hell has some sh*t synth horn at the beginning of the remastered version I have. It's terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

seachto7 wrote: »
    Are the new vinyls the remasters or not?

Into the Lungs of Hell has some sh*t synth horn at the beginning of the remastered version I have. It's terrible!

I know what you mean below is the Orginal then the Remaster also round the 2 min mark where the solo kicks in they really bring it to the forefront on the remastered version.

To answer your main question though yeah they released Vinyls in 2014 (not sure if they were released in that format when remastered CDs were released 2004) I believe they are the remastered ones unfortunately.

Its mad for the most part the remasters are a different listening experience, you are expecting something and then all of a sudden its not what you once were used to, unusual but not necessarily bad...well sometimes bad especially 5 magics remaster what the feck?? I personally quite enjoy the newer Hook In Mouth not so sure I go as far as to say I prefer it...shame they don't play that live too by the way cnuts

I could go on for yonks but I remember reading an article and here it is which I find easy to agree with and sums up most my thoughts on the remasters.

MD.45 by the way that has Dave on vocals on the remaster he lost the vocal tracks apparently so done it himself, it mentions in that article not sure if its true that Lee Ving prob makes more money from the re-release that he now doesn't appear in :D

I have the original cassettes of SFSGSW, RIP and CTE, as well as Youthanasia, Cryptic Writings and Risk (****e first time around) on CD.

I had thought about getting some of the older stuff either on CD or record, but it just seems to be the crappy remasters. :(

Another question. I was in Edinburgh, and came across 3 Megadeth vinyl albums for half nothing. They were "from the vaults" and did not mention or refer to being remastered or remixed on the covers, as the CDs did.

They were also on sale for half nothing, but I couldn't carry them around, so potentially missed out on getting PSBWB, SFSGSW and RIP for about £20.... :(

I'll look online, but are these vinyl versions of the older/original mixes?

Megadeth are embarking on an Australian tour in October

11873414_10152920139202330_5222589158942218308_n.jpg?oh=c40c5d201858b567e70e566bb867a13f&oe=563E1E91

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Megadeth are embarking on an Australian tour in October

11873414_10152920139202330_5222589158942218308_n.jpg?oh=c40c5d201858b567e70e566bb867a13f&oe=563E1E91

but we're in Ireland???

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭yknaa

Marty parises Rory!
    From http://earofnewt.com/2015/09/16/marty-friedman-doesnt-get-why-the-bee-gees-are-in-the-rock-hall-and-rory-gallagher-isnt/

I wasn’t even planning to slag them (RnR HoF) tonight, but yesterday I did a phone interview with guitar legend Marty Friedman, and when I realized that I’d reached him in Cleveland–where he was playing a show at the Beachland Ballroom–I started ragging on the RRHOF. Turns out he feels exactly the same!

“Well we could talk for hours on that,” he said with a chuckle. “Why are the Bee Gees in there and not Rory Gallagher? Which one rocks harder?”

“But anyway,” he added with an audible shrug, “that’s a whole ‘nother topic.”

• Advertisement

The countdown is on

http://system.megadeth.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Mmmm. Not feeling it. Not bad just not memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

There's no hook in that tune.

New album is titled Dystopia, and is due to be released January 22nd 2016

album cover

12049402_10156216304815226_727885515470946601_n.jpg?oh=086440e5522badd6eeb5189dd87a2884&oe=568F0931

Track Listing

01. The Threat Is Real
    02. Dystopia
    03. Fatal Illusion
    04. Death From Within
    05. Bullet To The Brain
    06. Post American World
    07. Poisonous Shadows
    08. Look Who's Talking
    09. Conquer Or Die
    10. Lying In State
    11. The Emperor
    12. Last Dying Wish
    13. Foreign Policy (FEAR cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm feeling it. Great tune.

Sydney harbour bridge?

Looks like it, but i doubt it is.

Song is *meh*. I'm gone off heavy metal :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭KH25

Well its better than anything on the last 2 albums but there's just no real hook to it.

Advertisement