Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Jernal wrote: »
    Those cards are brilliant! I spent a few hours playing Euro Truck Sim. Sold all the cards I earned for playing today for just under €1.10. :D Honestly, have no idea why anyone would buy them? But then I did splash out about 50 cents on cards to get me one of those sale badges. :o

I don't get the whole cards and badges thing myself. I'll happily sell everything I get without consideration. I made about 3 quid so far off selling some stuff. It's handy if you want some money to pick-up a little indie title or something

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I got some money from selling cards. I've €6 left in my wallet and also bought the Sonic collection (€7 just before the sale), System Shock, some dlc for Sleeping Dogs and Trine 2 using money from card selling. I even managed to craft a few badges along the way, picking up a rare profile background picture which I sold for €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

How are you finding FTL?

I cannot reccomend it enough,I love it. I was addicted to it for 2 days straight,non stop playing. One of the best indie games i have ever played :)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Digy123 wrote: »
    I cannot reccomend it enough,I love it. I was addicted to it for 2 days straight,non stop playing. One of the best indie games i have ever played :)

It was only 2.19 yesterday also how can you not buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

So far I've bought;
    Hotline Miami
    System Shock 2
    Star Wars KOTOR 2
    Fallen Enchantress:L H
    Deus Ex Collection
    Terraria
    I Am Alive
    Bastion
    Bully
    Dragon Age Origins Ultimate
    Portal 1&2
    XCom: E U

Roughly spent around €60 so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

This Orcs Must Die 2 game is seriously addictive, I taught I would constantly be playing Counter Strike with the games I purchased, I just can't stop playing this game though it is AWESOME :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

This Orcs Must Die 2 game is seriously addictive, I taught I would constantly be playing Counter Strike with the games I purchased, I just can't stop playing this game though it is AWESOME :D

It's recently been given the Steam Workshop treatment, so hopefully we'll see new weapons, traps and levels released by the community too. :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What ya'all voye for in the next community choice? I went with Strike Suit Zero, I like the look of it, it remins me of Battletech.

It's recently been given the Steam Workshop treatment, so hopefully we'll see new weapons, traps and levels released by the community too. :D

Yep :D will need to buy the 1st one now also... Hopefully I can somehow get it before the end of the sale ... Think it was you that recommended it to me so thanks ;) ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Got Evoland today, Really wanted that game since I heard about it

• Advertisement

Yep :D will need to buy the 1st one now also... Hopefully I can somehow get it before the end of the sale ... Think it was you that recommended it to me so thanks ;) ..

I got the first one first and loved it, but not sure I'd get it if I started with the second; a lot of the maps from the first one are available in the sequel, and there aren't as many traps/weapons, and the magic is handled differently. And no co-op obviously.

Just fyi like.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

So far I've got:

Civillization V Gold €9.99
    Commandos 2 Men of Courage €0.99
    Deus Ex Collection €6.29
    Dishonored + DLC €16.62
    Fallout New Vegas Ultimate €4.99
    Left 4 Dead 2 €4.99
    Mark of the Ninja €3.74
    Mass Effect Collection €11.99
    Portal Bundle €6.24
    Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion €9.24
    Terraria €2.49
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition €23.99
    Total War Shogun 2 Collection €11.24
    To the Moon €2.39
    Trine Complete €4.29

Over €100 anyway! I've played Mark of the Ninja and would recommend it. Just played 2 hours of Civillization V and don't think I'll get outside for the rest of the summer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Im liking killing floor its got some good gun play in it kind of like L4D but with ads and loads more guns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Im liking killing floor its got some good gun play in it kind of like L4D but with ads and loads more guns :D

So difficult to get a good consistent shot in that game. Guns move like a mo-fo when you shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

:(

I've got games that I want to play, but I've got other things that I have to do, mostly involving being outside, soaking up sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    So difficult to get a good consistent shot in that game. Guns move like a mo-fo when you shoot.

Which is good, better than the cod model of point and unload a whole clip and every bullet ends up in the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Which is good, better than the cod model of point and unload a whole clip and every bullet ends up in the same place.

Nuclear Dawn is the worst offender for that. You see the tiniest dot of a player off in the distance, probably at the other side of the map and they get 10 headshots in before you can even begin to aim at them, the bots have 100% accuracy at insane distances.

So Bastion won the vote. Great little game if you haven't picked it up yet - coolest narrator ever! :p

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So Bastion won the vote. Great little game if you haven't picked it up yet - coolest narrator ever! :p

But I wanted to fly around in space armour :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Picked up Gunpoint. Damn glad I did, it's a gem. And that smooth noire jazz soundtrack? Daddy likes.

• Advertisement

The temptation to buy Bastion now is killing me .. I was intending on not making another purchase with the Steam Sale :( ... This is it, this will be the last... That is, if I like the trailer for the game :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Bastion is awesome. Really recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

No flash sales? whats going on?

Edit: Steam was just slow

Digy123 wrote: »
    No flash sales? whats going on?

Surely just a few mins delayed?... I voted for Marvel Heroes in the voting though as the rest is DLC.. Bastion isn't even up so maybe the flash sales will be up shortly :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

No flash sales and no community choice winner showing up for me. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The flash sales showed up for me. They are Anno 2070 (50% off), Saint's Row 3 (75% off), Rage (75% off), and FEZ (50% off).

Are those 3 choices DLC for free to play games?

Just purchased Bastion... I was on $27.43 spent during the sale so after purchasing it I should be on at least $30 but there seems to be no change, and I should get a trading card also :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Phew.

Nowt in the CC or Flash sales for me this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I picked up Mount & Blade, it's fairly old but I've been curious about it for a long time.

Advertisement