Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Where would be a good spot in town to watch the Arsenal game tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

keane2097 wrote: »
    Where would be a good spot in town to watch the Arsenal game tonight?

Think I remember seeing on here before that the arsenal supporters club meet up in the Locke Bar for games, or I like the Still House for games if your not a big arsenal fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

NeirBot wrote: »
    Think I remember seeing on here before that the arsenal supporters club meet up in the Locke Bar for games, or I like the Still House for games if your not a big arsenal fan.

Cheers, I'll probably stay at home, but will probably mosey towards the Locke in that case if I decide to wet my whistle...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Well guys...what are ye all giving up for lent?
    or is that old hat these days :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think I'll go off the drink again. It worked in January! :)
    Will probably spend more time in the gym as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Procrastination,you?

I think I'll go off the drink again. It worked in January! :)
    Will probably spend more time in the gym as well.

Ever notice alot of irish never give up drink for lent... think its to do with paddys day in the middle of it?! :D

More time in the gym IO... Bet that was a new years resolution aswell?? :)

Procrastination,you?

Have you a bad habit of that TT?

Ill probably give up chocolate things... my usual :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ever notice alot of irish never give up drink for lent... think its to do with paddys day in the middle of it?! :D

More time in the gym IO... Bet that was a new years resolution aswell?? :)

I'm not like most Irish! :D

Yup, it was indeed a new year's resolution. And I actually stuck to it, for a change! :p I didn't reach a few targets though, so I'll aim to complete those goals in the next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Have you a bad habit of that TT?

yes,this place doesn't help

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Mount Brandon. Just North of Dingle, not far from Castlegregory.

In other news, it would seem I've been roped into climbing this thing on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In other news, it would seem I've been roped into climbing this thing on Sunday!

You'll have nothing to climb. Just walk in a slightly upwardly direction. Some asshats have painted yellow arrows to help you in the right direction although for me UP is normally a good direction.

Allow around 3.5 hours from the Car park / Holy Statue thingy up and down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Lads does anyone know a shop where you can pick up nice homemade-type jam?? I tried the cornstore and eats of eden with no luck (or maybe i'm blind...!)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Lads does anyone know a shop where you can pick up nice homemade-type jam?? I tried the cornstore and eats of eden with no luck (or maybe i'm blind...!)

Not quite home-made but the Bonne Maman brand of jams are very lovely and are also on special offer in Dunnes and Supervalu at the moment if it's any help?

If it's still too commercial-y, maybe scope out the market on Sat?

Not quite home-made but the Bonne Maman brand of jams are very lovely and are also on special offer in Dunnes and Supervalu at the moment if it's any help?

If it's still too commercial-y, maybe scope out the market on Sat?

Thanks Alaskimo - it's a present so looking for something unusual. The market is a great idea! Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

the mammy got some home made jam at the sunday market in eastway business park last weekend..tastey stuff..proper home made style capped with some paper and an elastic band and all :D

may be of some use...

Guys, (for shame) I went to check out the Milk Market this afternoon and eh... couldn't find the entrance! :o:o I walked down Denmark street and up high street. I'm clearly just blind but if somebody could tell me exactly how to get to it that would be great thanks (I've looked at the map on the site but directions aren't my strong point clearly :o)

Guys, (for shame) I went to check out the Milk Market this afternoon and eh... couldn't find the entrance! :o:o I walked down Denmark street and up high street. I'm clearly just blind but if somebody could tell me exactly how to get to it that would be great thanks (I've looked at the map on the site but directions aren't my strong point clearly :o)

http://www.google.ie/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=The+Milk+Market,+Limerick&aq=0&sll=53.401034,-8.307638&sspn=6.370097,16.369629&ie=UTF8&hq=The+Milk+Market,&hnear=Limerick,+County+Limerick&ll=52.6637,-8.622701&spn=0.00075,0.001998&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=52.663676,-8.622706&panoid=OH8y6RFB6pWfLEJq5XtY3A&cbp=12,91.98,,0,5

its basically right beside angel lane night club... so from o connell street walk up denmark street until your looking at smyths pub turn left keep walking and there you go. the street market is only there until lunch time i think

Thanks for that Drifter! Now i know what to look out for. It was probably after 3pm when I was passing so it might have been closed (that's my excuse anyway :D:o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 geansaiglas

The milk market is a low, wide, stone building with a large white tent sticking out the top. It's very close to Smyth's bar, Angel Lane, Molly's You literally can't miss it!

There's a courtyard in the middle (under the tent) with market stalls but they also spill out onto the street towards Molly's.

Better luck next time!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys - just to say I found it today anyway :)

Thanks guys - just to say I found it today anyway :)

was it open today? i really much drag myself out of bed some saturday morning and go for a look. its been years since ive been there...

Yes (I picked up some jam and coffee :)). I think it is open 11am-4pm on a Sunday but I was there around noon and not everywhere was open yet.

Yes (I picked up some jam and coffee :)). I think it is open 11am-4pm on a Sunday but I was there around noon and not everywhere was open yet.

excellent!

now my time to ask where to find something....

does anyone know where in limerick would i get a cricket ball....tried the sport shops in the cresent but no joy...although i did get some weird looks...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Try Elverys i'd say.

zuroph wrote: »
    Try Elverys i'd say.

tried em in the crescent...they dont stock them...i might try limerick sports store tomorrow....

other than that...its online...

tried em in the crescent...they dont stock them...i might try limerick sports store tomorrow....

If you do have to resort to online, I think Lion is a good spot to try:
    http://www.cricketbatsetc.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

gleesons sports?

zuroph wrote: »
    gleesons sports?

id never have thought of there!!! thanks!

• Advertisement

gleesons did indeed provide for 8 euro!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement