Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killing Season 2 AMC **Spoilers**

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

The Killing is looking good for a 3rd season, with AMC and Netflix nearly finished negotiation to bring the show back, oddly though it looks like AMC will get to braodcast the show first, which i think is odd, seeing as they cancelled it and its only being saved cause Netflix came in to save it,

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/killing-tv-series-amc-netflix-season-3-negotiations/

going by season 2 it looked like they learned their lesson, they made the story much more interesting, but at the same time they still continued with rosies case,

i actually thought season 2 was pretty good, so im happy its getting a chance to prove how good it can be, i thought it was very wastefully not to do more with the characters they had created on this show,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

don ramo wrote: »
    The Killing is looking good for a 3rd season, with AMC and Netflix nearly finished negotiation to bring the show back, oddly though it looks like AMC will get to braodcast the show first, which i think is odd, seeing as they cancelled it and its only being saved cause Netflix came in to save it,

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/killing-tv-series-amc-netflix-season-3-negotiations/

going by season 2 it looked like they learned their lesson, they made the story much more interesting, but at the same time they still continued with rosies case,

i actually thought season 2 was pretty good, so im happy its getting a chance to prove how good it can be, i thought it was very wastefully not to do more with the characters they had created on this show,

ffs...i wanted this to die :rolleyes: :mad:

ffs...i wanted this to die :rolleyes: :mad:
    well thankfully your not in charge:),

nobody is gonna make you watch it, so what bloody difference does it make to you,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A bit strange. Sud must have made a pretty strong pitch. You'd have to wonder if she would have been better off moving on to a new project, particularly if the third season falls flat.

A bit strange. Sud must have made a pretty strong pitch. You'd have to wonder if she would have been better off moving on to a new project, particularly if the third season falls flat.
    and what if she succeeds, while season 1 was was an average season, season 2 was much better, the writers took on-board the fan reaction and made the story a lot more interesting and they developed the characters better, so much so that it would now be a waste not to tell more stories with these characters,

like i said earlier in the thread The Killings second season performed better than Breaking Bads second season and equaled Mad Mens second season, AMC seemed to have gotten on their high horse now that they have multiple successful shows, thankfully netflix have made them see some sense,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ah this is great news! Unexpected - but great :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

If she succeeds, good luck to her.

I'm not into ratings - but it's not difficult to see why The Killing would pull in more viewers than Breaking Bad. Creatively, The Killing's a pretty mainstream show whereas Breaking Bad's subject matter makes it a very tough sell. Mad Men has a certain prestige and sheen about it, plus it's brought AMC a bucket of awards (BB has a few, too, but I don't know how much that factors into things), so it'll probably always have a core audience. I've a feeling there's more online buzz in general about Mad Men and Breaking Bad, so perhaps AMC were aware of that - reaction to The Killing's season one aside, though I still believe that networks in general shouldn't give a hoot about online reaction.

You certainly could question some of AMC's 'funny' decisions - you might say Mad Men has received preferential treatment, presumably they looked into their crystal ball and felt a third series of The Killing wasn't a safe bet.

you might say Mad Men has received preferential treatment, presumably they looked into their crystal ball and felt a third series of The Killing wasn't a safe bet.
    mad men did get preferential treatment, an issue which got darabont off the walking dead, so it kinda worked itself out really, TWD has gotten so much better since he left, so in that instance im kinda happy,

but at the same time they cancelled The Killing when they know that by the end of 2013 BB and MM are gonna be finished up for good, and that will allow them to move some money around, and invest in new shows, and keep them on air,

all theyll have going on this time next year will be TWD and Hell on Wheels (which pulls in about 2 million viewers on average), they also had that show Rubicon a year or two ago, and while i didnt watch it, it did get a fair amount of praise and performed similar it BB 1st and 2nd seasons it also got cancelled,

i do wonder what goes on in the AMC show renewal office at times, bar TWD most of their HIT shows pull in around 2-3 million viewers,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Season 3 will premiere on Sunday June 2nd with a two hour episode :)

http://www.facebook.com/TheKilling

Advertisement