Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

phog wrote: »
    Thanks

Way out of my depth here :o

All I can say is that I followed the steps as outlined on the link above and yes I downloaded jellyfish.

No idea what clockwork is.

I'm now wondering is the probelm related to a low battery, as I only noticed the clok problem today, I missed the start of a conference call because I only glanced at screen clock as opposed to the upper one.
    I've noticed that the clock on the lock screen takes a second to update from the old time to the current time once the phone is woken up but, it never takes longer than a second for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,082 ✭✭✭✭phog

I powered it down and on again and everything seems ok now. I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Finally got one of these badboys :) Installed Swedish Spring and overclocking to 690mhz, running like a dream!

Can anyone recommend me a music client in which has hardkey controls if desired to use the microphone button to stop and change tracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

loyatemu wrote: »
    Hi - after posting my original query here, I had a look around Modaco and apparently its a problem with MVNOs (like Tesco) who piggyback on other providers networks - there are custom ROMs available for some MVNOs elsewhere in Europe, but not AFAIK for Tesco. Its not a huge issue, just learn to live with it.

No idea about the MMS problem, haven't tried to send or receive one yet - internet works fine over 3G. The settings for Tesco are available in the Tesco Mobile thread in the Mobiles forum.

just saw this today, thanks for that..

BTW, the mms/APN problem has been solved, see link below.....

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=141591829190523&topic=398

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

I got this phone too for a friend and flashed it with Swedish Spring RLS4b.
    I've also installed the AOSP contacts, deskclock, AHB overclock mods & overclocked the CPU to 710MHz.

No problems so far. Not as quick & smooth as my Desire but close.
    By far the best budget Android phone available.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MC_G

Try clicking on problems in Titanium and upgrading the Busy Box version. If it still hangs, try using universal androot to possibly acquire a "stronger, stickier" root.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Not happy with Swedish Spring?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Are you overclocking?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Are you using the regular Titanium or the Pro version? The regular version is shocking. Incredibly prone to freezes, especially in batch mode. I was forced to upgrade to the Pro version but glad I did as it now runs perfectly.

I have a car charger for my Satnav with a similar connection to the phone (Micro USB?), could I use this charger to top up my phone? I know the connection fits, it's the power output from the car charger that I have a concern about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

phog wrote: »
    I have a car charger for my Satnav with a similar connection to the phone (Micro USB?), could I use this charger to top up my phone? I know the connection fits, it's the power output from the car charger that I have a concern about.

I charge my OSF/Blade on the move, using the USB Audio port in my Kia Ceed...

the USB cord I use was one purchased from eBay, for the princely sum of £1.99 shipped to Ireland, shown below.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200556515292

Sold as CE CA-101 USB DATA CABLE FOR NOKIA 2700 2710 2730 3120

but has the right connections on both ends.....

works a treat, and keeps the phone charged when I'm driving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

The ZTE Froyo version that Swdish Spring is based off has its own custom dialer, contacts & alarm clock.
    The mods you can install restore the (Android Open Source Project) integrated dialer, contacts app & deskclock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

For those those interested in Cyanogen, they finally have a stable release of CM7 for the Blade/San Francisco.

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=blade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Are you using the regular Titanium or the Pro version? The regular version is shocking. Incredibly prone to freezes, especially in batch mode. I was forced to upgrade to the Pro version but glad I did as it now runs perfectly.

Titanium kept crashing for me also (regular) tried mybackup and it worked on the third attempt! (crashed the previous two!)

Prob worth splashing out on Titanium Pro if i'm going to be changing ROM often I think!

If you buy an app and a new version comes out, do you have to buy that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

If you buy an app and a new version comes out, do you have to buy that too?

Nope just log into the market and it'll show as an update and download the newer version and overwrite the existing version keeping your settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

After nearly 3 months of faultless service, the phone has developed it's first problem - the headphone jack is jumping out of the socket, wouldn't stay in place. It works if I hold it down, but if I release the pressure even a tiny bit, it pops out leaving one of the speakers mute and the other working.

It's hugely frustrating as I use the phone for radio and podcasts a lot - half thinking of bringing it back, but it would need the rooting undone (if that's possible) and Orange stuff put back in etc.

Anyone else has similar issue, or have brought the phone back under warranty?

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Got one of these bad boys ;) however, I'm a little worried about flashing the ROM.

Ive seen a lot of places and guides say version two is not available to flash and you'll brick your phone.For example one guide reads "
    OLED Screens have Android build B05 whereas TFT Screens have build B08"

I have B10. What does that mean?

Any advice or better guides would be really welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Ebbs wrote: »
    Got one of these bad boys ;) however, I'm a little worried about flashing the ROM.

Ive seen a lot of places and guides say version two is not available to flash and you'll brick your phone.For example one guide reads "

This is what i've done....

Follow instructiona on 1st link...

When u get to step 4 (install custom rom)... use the file on the second link as the rom, seems to be the reccomended one.

http://www.orangesanfrancisco.co.uk/android/how-to-install-custom-roms-android-2-2-from-scratch-on-the-orange-san-francisco-zte-blade/

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-roms-rom-customisation/334849/rom-froyo-swedish-spring-rls4-2011-04-01-oled-tft-gen1-gen2/

unlock code is here....http://www.nextgenserver.com/calculator/

No expert or anything so there could be better rom's or guides but it did the trick for me :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Ebbs wrote: »

Follow this there is a link to Ask Mr Pigfish and some advise on flashing a rom.

SORRY I did not read the previous post before i posted!! All the info is there too..

^^^^ I followed those link and changed my rom, it worked a treat.

One thing I had my phone switched to wifi web access only but after the change I never checked and used a ton load of credit while the phone was on SIM card browse - hope this makes sense.

Got it :)

That was easier than expected. Now to fix everything else wrong :/

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

I followed the orange San Francisco guide and put on the JJ rom.

One problem I found was the Wifi. It wouldn't connect for me. It was seeing it but kept coming up disabled. So after lots of playing around I found that when I turned off the WEP encryption it connected fine.

Hope this might help others experiencing the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

positron wrote: »
    After nearly 3 months of faultless service, the phone has developed it's first problem - the headphone jack is jumping out of the socket, wouldn't stay in place. It works if I hold it down, but if I release the pressure even a tiny bit, it pops out leaving one of the speakers mute and the other working.

It's hugely frustrating as I use the phone for radio and podcasts a lot - half thinking of bringing it back, but it would need the rooting undone (if that's possible) and Orange stuff put back in etc.

Anyone else has similar issue, or have brought the phone back under warranty?

thanks!

happens on mine occasionally if I knock the headphone plug - I'm using Sennheisers, not the bundled headphones so I assumed that it was something to do with the shape of the plug - combination of the plastic moulding on the plug and the fact that the socket is at an angle (bad design). Have you tried a different set of headphones?

smoochie06 wrote: »
    I followed the orange San Francisco guide and put on the JJ rom.

One problem I found was the Wifi. It wouldn't connect for me. It was seeing it but kept coming up disabled. So after lots of playing around I found that when I turned off the WEP encryption it connected fine.

Hope this might help others experiencing the same problem.

Happened to me too, perservernce worked. Now works a treat.

Still need to sort out the whole SMS app, widget, apps...Days of fun :D

Any that go particularly well with the Blade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Sooo the cm7 stable .....any one on it?

Advertisement