Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Megathread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

Gerry shows concern at Degsy's complaint...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Degsy wrote: »
    My complaint wasnt upheld by rte..they were quiet snotty in defending the show

That's interesting. What did they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Fair play for doing it but to quote the simpsons "that pig has some powerful friends"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Is Gerry Ryan's interview with Eamon Dunphy on Ryan Confidential a few years ago available to watch online anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Not surprised, I made complaints about several shows over the years, same response. "RTE in the wrong? Never! pi$$ off you pleb! but make sure you keep paying your license fee"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

That's interesting. What did they say?

Basicly that the word "penis" was anatomicaly correct and that the conversation was about dogs penises so it did just what it said on the tin with regard to the show.
    They also said that kids should be at school during the morning so how could they possibly listen to the show and that Gerry is a regular ould shock jock and i'm a fuddy-duddy for having a problem.
    A load of feckin crap is what it is.
    He used other words to describe penises on that particular show but i didnt quote him properly i suppose.
    I'll be listening very carefully next time for vulgarity..how him and that loony one are even allowed airtime given thier lack of talent is beyond me..the lavatorial filth they com out with however should be subject to action on the grounds of good taste and decency.
    Pair of cnunts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

I was listening to him yesterday and he gave a middle aged woman the prize of a pearl necklace from his santas sack. I turned up the radio in anticipation of some smutty innuendo regarding pearl necklaces and bulging sacks....

and nothing....? what the hell. He must be reading this thread or something.

barakus wrote: »
    I was listening to him yesterday and he gave a middle aged woman the prize of a pearl necklace from his santas sack. I turned up the radio in anticipation of some smutty innuendo regarding pearl necklaces and bulging sacks....

and nothing....? what the hell. He must be reading this thread or something.
    Don't even think HE'D go near that one.
    Probably thought about it though..

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

i still listen to gerry

(that makes no real sense ...love you ger)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Basicly that the word "penis" was anatomicaly correct and that the conversation was about dogs penises so it did just what it said on the tin with regard to the show.
    They also said that kids should be at school during the morning so how could they possibly listen to the show and that Gerry is a regular ould shock jock and i'm a fuddy-duddy for having a problem.
    A load of feckin crap is what it is.
    He used other words to describe penises on that particular show but i didnt quote him properly i suppose.
    I'll be listening very carefully next time for vulgarity..how him and that loony one are even allowed airtime given thier lack of talent is beyond me..the lavatorial filth they com out with however should be subject to action on the grounds of good taste and decency.
    Pair of cnunts.

You sir are a Moron!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

You sir are a Moron!
    Personal abuse will not be tolerated.

Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Will be interesting to see how they can defend my complaint to them and the BCI over his use of the word 'fuck' three times in the space of a forthnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I complained a few years ago about him using the word w**ker several times.
    They said it was within the context of the show so over ruled the complaint.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I fully agree with RTE not upholding the complaints about peoples offence at his sporadic bad language. Good on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

The content that people are finding objectionable isn't a recent development on the Gerry Ryan show, he has been saying the same sort of things for over 20 years now.

He's doing a great job at the moment, singing the praises of Fianna Fail and how they got their budget spot on...(In the eyes of the international community of course) Using phrases like "Radical Thinking" he's doing a better job than any PR spin doctor.
    And the guys he's interviewing about it, by and large, are meek and won't argue with him.
    Jesus, I can't WAIT for Pat Kenny to come on at 10 so he can at least make it uncomfortable for the Minister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

agreed.
    i know p kenny is called a boring oul fart.

but the guy is smart and is undoubtedly talented esp with current affairs.

gerry is neither. except he thinks he has a voice that makes women swoon.

ed note: eh gerry, thats disgust not swooning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

deadhead13 wrote: »
    The content that people are finding objectionable isn't a recent development on the Gerry Ryan show, he has been saying the same sort of things for over 20 years now.

Well maybe its time to move on and replace him with somebody less crass and offensive and downright untalented..there's millions of people in this country and they wheel this foul-mouthed boor out every day to spout his puerile nonsense on behalf of the people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

He's eating again!!!!nom nom nom,slurp slurp:mad:.
    Oh!it really gets on my nerves,and of course he knows more than the chef :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Did yea hear the woman telling him off for giving her advice about cooking sprouts,as she rang to ask the chef for advice.She got nothing out of Santas sack.

• Advertisement

Advice for any women out there who want something from "Santa's Sack".
    Come on the air all coy and giggling and tell some story about your knickers and you're quids in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

holly1 wrote: »
    Did yea hear the woman telling him off for giving her advice about cooking sprouts,as she rang to ask the chef for advice.She got nothing out of Santas sack.

He's a petulant so and so when someone disagrees with him, fair play to her -who needs Santa's sack anyway lol - how dare that woman tell him he was talking over his guest, G Ryan would never do that.:mad:

He threw all of his toys out of his pram today over the brussel sprouts caller,absolutely pathetic for an adult to carry on like that

bilko1234 wrote: »
    Advice for any women out there who want something from "Santa's Sack".
    Come on the air all coy and giggling and tell some story about your knickers and you're quids in!
    There's a giggling woman on now with a knicker story who is massaging Gerry's perversion. He's asking her ALL about them. Please describe them in detail etc.
    But she got something from the sack, so..........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

There's a giggling woman on now with a knicker story who is massaging Gerry's perversion. He's asking her ALL about them. Please describe them in detail etc.

You could hear him salivating the whole way through that conversation. He was delighted to give her something from his sack in the end :rolleyes:

do you drop your trousers ?? were the knickers warm in the gusset ??
    describe your knickers to me ?? are they the ones that sit high on your ass and are loose on the front ??

TIME 9.30 AM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The Gerry Ryan show has turned into a 3 hour daily promotion for the O2 arena. Gerry will interview guests playing at the O2, followed by Gerry telling us he was at the O2 last night and saw such and such, while they were great (NEVER a bad concert at the O2), the real star of the show was the O2, because the O2 is great. Followed by another interview with someone who Gerry saw play at the O2, 20 minute interview with 10 minutes devoted to the venue itself. Then a slot on how the new bridge makes the O2 even better, followed by someone on from Dublin County Council on how the Luas serves the O2 brilliantly.

He never mentions the €6 for 400ml of beer, or shíte food, probably because he gets VIP tickets and that area has good food and free drink

Quint wrote: »
    The Gerry Ryan show has turned into a 3 hour daily promotion for the O2 arena. Gerry will interview guests playing at the O2, followed by Gerry telling us he was at the O2 last night and saw such and such, while they were great (NEVER a bad concert at the O2), the real star of the show was the O2, because the O2 is great. Followed by another interview with someone who Gerry saw play at the O2, 20 minute interview with 10 minutes devoted to the venue itself. Then a slot on how the new bridge makes the O2 even better, followed by someone on from Dublin County Council on how the Luas serves the O2 brilliantly.

He never mentions the €6 for 400ml of beer, or shíte food, probably because he gets VIP tickets and that area has good food and free drink
    Excellent point.
    Maybe RTE would have to take THAT complaint seriously

Another product placement, as it were.
    He was saying how he was really looking forward to seeing "Avatar" next week, and pleaded with everyone to go and see it in the Savoy in O'Connell St, and not other cinemas.
    I wonder now, if when he does go, and brings all the "Ryan Children" and their friends, will he be paying out of his outragreous salary, or will the Savoy comp him?
    Maybe like he pays for all those o2 gigs he goes to........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

a half hour open plug for the O2 on our national station. so frequent its taking the P*ss.

on another point the g ryan show in my opinion has no direction whatsoever,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement