Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes at 2FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

(Note the question mark.) Anyone hear the rumour? I believe she's Stateside for the next few months but if this did happen she would be a big coup for 2FM.

Are you asking a question, spreading a rumour or putting a suggestion out there to fulfill your fantasy because 14 minutes later you posted in another forum saying

"Who knows? She loves Ireland and is well open to moving back, as she has said before in interviews"

Seems you have a strange infatuation with Dara Quilty and Laura Whitmore.

Who knows? She loves Ireland and is well open to moving back, as she has said before in interviews.

Did you hear something of substance or are you starting a rumour in the hope someone will read it and fulfil your fantasy because 14 minutes earlier in another thread you posted.

"Anyone hear the rumour? I believe she's Stateside for the next few months but if this did happen she would be a big coup for 2FM"

What's going on man? If you're not suggesting Dara Quilty would be the perfect fit for ANY show on Today FM you're suggesting Laura Whitmore is starting on 2fm?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Are you asking a question, spreading a rumour or putting a suggestion out there to fulfill your fantasy because 14 minutes later you posted in another forum saying

"Who knows? She loves Ireland and is well open to moving back, as she has said before in interviews"

Doubt theres enough money in RTE (let alone Ireland) to keep her ego happy.... i know her btw..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

She's in the UK at present according to the DAily MAil.

Think about it - she has outgrown Ireland career wise .

She bought a property in London and her friends / social life are there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Did you hear something of substance or are you starting a rumour in the hope someone will read it and fulfil your fantasy because 14 minutes earlier in another thread you posted.

"Anyone hear the rumour? I believe she's Stateside for the next few months but if this did happen she would be a big coup for 2FM"

What's going on man? If you're not suggesting Dara Quilty would be the perfect fit for ANY show on Today FM you're suggesting Laura Whitmore is starting on 2fm?

Well their 3-6pm slot hasn't had a permanent presenter since January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭JoeA3

A very strange infatuation with two extremely bland vacuous Z-listers but I suppose there's all sorts out there...

I never said it was true.

Doubt theres enough money in RTE (let alone Ireland) to keep her ego happy.... i know her btw..;)

Personally?

Personally?

If you mean if i saw her on the street would she know me..??....yes

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Do you mean you're also from Bray? In that case, I know her too. So do I know Hozier and Baldy Paddy! :pac:

• Advertisement

Do you mean you're also from Bray? In that case, I know her too. So do I know Hozier and Baldy Paddy! :pac:

And what about Riyadh Khalaf who does the "Queer Britain" programme on the BBC? He's from Bray as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭applehunter

Then i must know you too ....which Moorhouse are you ..??:P
    And what about Riyadh Khalaf who does the "Queer Britain" programme on the BBC? He's from Bray as well.

You asked..i answered..Dont know that show..are you a fan..?....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,644 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you really knew Baldy Paddy you would have been at his funeral in July :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    If you really knew Baldy Paddy you would have been at his funeral in July :pac:

I thought that too but was letting him away with it for comic effect.....:P

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I've been found out. I don't really know Baldy Paddy! :eek:

I've been found out. I don't really know Baldy Paddy! :eek:

Youre lucky then....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,644 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Youre lucky then....;)

Once I stepped off a 145 at the Royal Hotel and narrowly missed Baldy Paddy vomiting on my shoes.

This was at approximately 11am :pac:

I'm out of Bray around 15 years now but I used to get my share of abuse from him. Oh the lulz we used to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Is Whitmore a big deal? I don't really think she is. She worked outside of Ireland, is that the criteria for coups?

She seems to be quite full of herself. Whether or not that's the case who knows. She's a good looking girl, but not a stand-out.

I don't think the Brits took her into their hearts either. ....case in point being voted out of the dancing show despite her being decent enough. She did well to build her profile up from a young age with that MTV gig......but those gigs are designed for green, easy on the eye youngsters. It would be a struggle to make a step up to something more significant than her work up to this point....be it the UK or even here.

• Advertisement

John McMahon should have hired Laura to do the breakfast show when Jim Jim Nugent resigned back in 2010. She would have been a big ratings success for the station, especially in Dublin. A real missed opportunity

John McMahon should have hired Laura to do the breakfast show when Jim Jim Nugent resigned back in 2010. She would have been a big ratings success for the station, especially in Dublin. A real missed opportunity

No that would have been an awful move. Keep her lit.

How about Dermot and Dave? Poached from 98?

What do you mean? How is Laura "lit"? I don't understand.

Baldy Paddy organised for my house to be Robbed.

Prick was caught on a stolen bike on the main street wearing said watch. Was glad to get it back.

Every time I saw him after that I'd ask "have you got the time?"

As for Laura, in 2010 she'd have been on MTV and about to become bigger on I'm a Celebrity...

Coming back to work on a radio show to a small audience would have been a backwards move in her career.

Baldy Paddy organised for my house to be Robbed.

Prick was caught on a stolen bike on the main street wearing said watch. Was glad to get it back.

Every time I saw him after that I'd ask "have you got the time?"

As for Laura, in 2010 she'd have been on MTV and about to become bigger on I'm a Celebrity...

Coming back to work on a radio show to a small audience would have been a backwards move in her career.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Can't find it anywhere online but she once said in a paper she couldn't work in Ireland again after moving, i.e I'm too big for those savages :pac:

zoobizoo wrote: »

Well she would have been much better than that fool from Navan whose name begins with H. Out of people actually working in Ireland, Dermot & Dave would have been great on 2FM breakfast at the time, or what about Aidan Power?

I know one station that i "hate" where she would fit in perfectly.....:P

• Advertisement

I know one station that i "hate" where she would fit in perfectly.....:P

Does it begin with an "N"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement