Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview EPG on DVBViewer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭tlaavtech

Significant changes this morning on the Event ID's. They are now 5-digit ID's rather than the 3-digit before we started. There are now no gaps of any description on the EPG.

I have found one duplicate ID, but it is for the 9 O'clock news on RTE 1 and on News Now, so I guess there is a good reason for this since it is the same programme!! (But that just dumb luck - it was the first one I checked!!! I aint' gonna search the rest of 'em!!)

Thank you RTE if you are reading. It is nice to know that people are being listened to.

If you e-mailed the original request, can I ask that a follow-up thank you might go even further to encourage this kind of service in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Thanks for the update. The EventId field only needs to be unique within the service(channel), so it's ok to see duplicates across RTE One and (say) RTE Two or TV3 or whatever.

There would appear to be changes afoot all right and maybe we will start seeing the programme and series CRID data appearing shortly as these will be necessary for successful PVR operation.

Also needed will be the population of the other multiplex schedule data on each multiplex otherwise single tuner boxes will not be able to display the full EPG;)

Thanks for all your input - It raised the awareness to the point where stuff got done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

I've written back to my contact in RTE to thank him (even though he did not reply to my original email):)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭dmm1000

hi guys
    just a follow up on this thread - has anyone successfully used the EPG Collector in conjunction with the DVBVIEWER recording service to import the EPG for Saorview into the DVBVIEWER recording service ?

I've tried everything i can but cannot get it to import - according to the log it seems to tune ok and sees some of the data but wont import it
    anyone got it working ?

• Advertisement

No need to use EPG Collector. DVBVIewer should pick up EPG automatically. Not in front is PC now but will post settings in a while. Once you tune in the channel it should fill out the EPG.

EDIT: Had a quick look. Two things to check.

1. Have you enabled the "Receive EPG Data" in the recording service configuration? If this is working, you should see the Full EPG on the Web page of the recording service.

2. If you can see the EPG on the RS, then make sure that you have checked "Download EPG From Service" in the Recording Service page in the Options Menu of DVBViewer.

Not sure how well you know the package, so apologies if this is over- or under-estimating your knowledge of DVBViewer.

thanks tlaavtech

yes its just handier to view the EPG from the 127.0.0.1:8089 web page and have DVB-T and DVB-S EPGs in the one place (such as the recording service) if possible :)

You can pick and choose what comes from the Off-Air EPG and what does not. You can get your Freesat EPG from Satellite and combine it with DTT to display on Web and on EPG within DVBViewer. If you prefer, you can mix and match between EPG Collector, DTT EPG and Sat EPG.

yes the key part being getting saorview EPG into the recording service - appears in DVBVIEWER itself as you instructed ok tlaavtech
    but i would like it in the recording service EPG (127.0.0.1:8089)

I've made a post / request with the author of EPG Collector
    Request for Saorview support in EPG Collector

... but Saorview EPG does go into the recording service! By Any chance have you disabled EPG receiving for your tuner?

I can post pictures of my setting if you want.

• Advertisement

let me go have a play first and i'll let you know - thanks

hi tlaavtech - all out of ideas :)

ive attached my screen shots - obviously have neglected something but am not sure what
    flicked about between rte 1 and rte2 while i had the RS open on 127.0.0.1:8089

saorview comes into dvbviewer program fine but cannot get it to appear on the web page (RS)

The only difference I can see is that I have selected "Receive Freesat EPG Data" in the recording service EPG config and in the DVBViewer EPG options.

In both EPG options, go to the "SiehFern/MHW" tab, and make sure that this line is there:

11428 h FreeSAT

If you are only using satellite for UK channels, you can delete the other lines.

This will let you get the Freesat EPG for the satellite card also. This has the advantage of updating the BBC/ITV/C4 EPG when there are changes issued.

My logic is that you need to have some EPG gathering swiched on! (Turn them all on if you like - it can't hurt!!!)

Let me know how you get on!

C.

thank you - i will :)

well tlaavtech - i just went into dvbviewer on the client laptop running dvbviewer as a client - switched to RTE one and then went into the RS via the web interface and the saorview EPG is all there - really weird - as when i tried this on dvbviewer on the machine with the DVBT tuner it didnt change anything

i hadnt got the freesat / mediahighway etc options ticked on the client machine either but i did as per your advice on the main pc (with tuner)
    software can be temperamental and never fails to surprise - anyway i have shown i can get it to work using the client dvbviewer - will play with settings on main pc to satisfy curiosity - thanks

Advertisement