Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good eye shadow palette?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

booboo88 wrote: »
    second this one, the one i got seems to be gone, "urban Decay
    Sustainable eye shadow box"

debenhams, gettin it next week :)
    ]

Just ordered mine on their website... free delivery - sorted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Urban decay have a palette called the Eyeshadow Ammo palette, small, compact, mirror built in. 10 shadows - 4 neutrals, white highlighter, black for smokey eyes, and 4 colours. Super easy to use, blend themselves practically. Perfect combination of colours, perfect for throwing in your bag, fantastic quality. I've had mine for nearly a year and I haven't reached the pan in any of them yet despite using it 5 days out of seven of each week. A little really goes a long way.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=8833308

I've got the 120 palette from ebay because I couldn't resist the bargain.. and tbh, even the €13 I spent was a waste. Maybe I have sensitive eyes (yet I've never had any problems with other cheap shadows..) but these shadows made my eyes water and stream the whole night. I eventually had to take them off with a wipe in the middle of the evening. Colours were difficult to blend and were chalky and badly packed. Dust everywhere and the shadows were easily broken. I think you'd be better off paying a little bit more and going for something that will last you and will work easily for you with minimal effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Urban decay have a palette called the Eyeshadow Ammo palette, small, compact, mirror built in. 10 shadows - 4 neutrals, white highlighter, black for smokey eyes, and 4 colours. Super easy to use, blend themselves practically. Perfect combination of colours, perfect for throwing in your bag, fantastic quality. I've had mine for nearly a year and I haven't reached the pan in any of them yet despite using it 5 days out of seven of each week. A little really goes a long way.

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=8833308

I have that palette too; it's brilliant.

Cara Pharmacy is a great place to buy Urban Decay palettes - they are around €25 in there as opposed to other places where I've seen them sold for over €30. There's shops in Sligo, Donegal, and Cavan, but I'm not sure about other places.

Just got my Urban Decay Naked eye shadows - V excited! They all look fab, gorgeous packaging too. They'll last for ages too - again, thanks for the tip gals, wouldn't have come across it if I'd not had a gander in here first! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Hiya I recently ordered a palette by Sleek makeup for under 7 Euro and it's pretty decent I got the iDivine Acid palette. The colours are pretty bright but there's other ones that are neutral or smokey eyes... they have loads! I bought mine from Ebay and including shipping it cost me 8.50 :) I would have bought it online from their store but shipping is ridiculous at 9 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Got Urban decay in Debenhams for E25....does anyone know of an eye make up remover that's fairly non acidic/non stingy/ph neutral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

im now the new proud owner of naked palett :)

I am another lover of the Urban Decay Naked palette, I bought mine for 36.00 and it might have been expensive but it was worth it, I literally use this everyday!!

265155_10150246922122259_833992258_7287562_140173_n.jpg

Freaking love that you get a travel size of Primer Potion, it's perfect for your handbag :D:D

270535_10150246922197259_833992258_7287564_3127659_n.jpg

Highly recommend this palette :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Asphyxia wrote: »
    I am another lover of the Urban Decay Naked palette, :)
    I am literally going "la la laaaa" *fingers in ears*, everytime i see this come up here!!!! :D I really want this! How far away is Christmas?? It even looks like it has a decent brush with it and all....argggghhh!!!

anniehoo wrote: »
    I am literally going "la la laaaa" *fingers in ears*, everytime i see this come up here!!!! :D I really want this! How far away is Christmas?? It even looks like it has a decent brush with it and all....argggghhh!!!

Haha! Before I got it I thought it was going to be one of those over rated palettes that aren't actually as good as everyone kept saying but 5 mins after I got it I was hooked!! I never go for neutrals, I either go for brights or darks. I'm hooked on Urban Decay at the minute :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Asphyxia wrote: »
    I'm hooked on Urban Decay at the minute :D:D
    You're not helpin one bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

If you want mega cheap good eyeshadow try Essence. I really like their eyeshadow and they have a good range.

http://www.essence.eu/products/eyes/eyeshadows.html

anniehoo wrote: »
    You're not helpin one bit :D

I am loving the Naked palette too! Different shade for every day of the week in work! And it stays put all day.

Urban Decay really wins handsdown in my opinon - best eye shadow out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I had a look at the prices of Naked pallet here and the US and with current exchange rate it's only €3 cheaper here, sooooo I have €10 on my debenhams beauty card so I think I'll get it next time I'm there... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Have to agree with the poor reviews for the ELF palettes - now I got mine free with an order but even free it's a disappointment. Shadows are chalky, don'y blend well, lot of fallout - waste of time.

I have two of their mineral powder shadows, they are pretty good. For palettes, I pick my own 4x ones from MAC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

lainey316 wrote: »
    Have to agree with the poor reviews for the ELF palettes - now I got mine free with an order but even free it's a disappointment. Shadows are chalky, don'y blend well, lot of fallout - waste of time.

I have two of their mineral powder shadows, they are pretty good. For palettes, I pick my own 4x ones from MAC.

Aaah i'm waiting on my elf order at the minute and only bought the palette cos it was half price!!! I hope its ok, but have to say i love love my urban decay palettes, they are brill but i must invest in the naked palette

Advertisement