Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Terenure Show 03/07/2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

manta mad wrote: »
    how many bordsies have their car booked in ?
    and are we gonna say hello/meet one another :rolleyes:

ohh and anybody tell me where the entrance is to the show please !

I'll be there with my blue/green Volvo 1800ES - freshly resprayed, but sans new exhaust and brake lines - didn't make it in time for the show. In the 'not club affiliated corner'.

The exhibitor entrance is on Fortfield road - drive down the Templeogue road out of town, past the main show entrance, and take the next right. Just do like everyone else does and follow the old yoke in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

manta mad wrote: »
    how many bordsies have their car booked in ?
    and are we gonna say hello/meet one another

I've suggested a meeting point twice already and nobody answered it. I'll be at the stand with the American Muscle Cars at the top of Row D just opposite the pedestrian entrance (see map above). As it's central it would be a good meet up point. I'm 6ft tall, big and bald so you can't miss me but if in doubt ask for big John / MCMLXXV and the lads will point me out.

I suggest 1pm as a good time to meet at our stand as it will give plenty of time for everyone to be in and settled, then we can take a walk around together and get a look at each others cars and maybe even take a group photo.

Thank this post if you'll be there (be you exhibitor or spectator) so I know whether to hang around waiting on ya or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

sound !!!
    met ya at 1pm :cool:

ohh ill be the rough looking fella from the country ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

i will be there in the morning only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Mine is booked it, maroon Wolseley 16/60. What's the opening time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mini 1275 gt

Right back at ya Bookerboy- Can't wait. The Jags are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭chevyv8

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I've suggested a meeting point twice already and nobody answered it. I'll be at the stand with the American Muscle Cars at the top of Row D just opposite the pedestrian entrance (see map above). As it's central it would be a good meet up point. I'm 6ft tall, big and bald so you can't miss me but if in doubt ask for big John / MCMLXXV and the lads will point me out.

I suggest 1pm as a good time to meet at our stand as it will give plenty of time for everyone to be in and settled, then we can take a walk around together and get a look at each others cars and maybe even take a group photo.

Thank this post if you'll be there (be you exhibitor or spectator) so I know whether to hang around waiting on ya or not!

SEE YA SUNDAY BIG BOY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

im booked in green Cortina (and I do mean GREEN!). everyfordireland stand...come and have a chat! ALl fords welcome on our stand if we have room for you

Looking forward to this now!

The beast is all polished up and ready to go. Weather to be good too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Is it OK to turn up and pay at the gate? I didn't pre book.
    Is there a way in from the N81 off the M50?

• Advertisement

yep I think so..thats the way Im going anyway. be early if you arent booked or you'll be uin the car park

Once you're there before 12pm you'll be grand

Tina, you meeting us at 1pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

corktina wrote: »
    yep I think so..thats the way Im going anyway. be early if you arent booked or you'll be uin the car park

Saw you at the traffic lights at templeogue bridge on your way home early to cork !
    Sorry i missed you inside :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Neilw wrote: »
    Is it OK to turn up and pay at the gate? I didn't pre book.
    Is there a way in from the N81 off the M50?

Was admiring the Golf Neil, didn't spot you though.

Also saw a few other boards cars there, Corky's 'Tina and MCM's Trans Am. It was a good show today, too many food stalls though and not enough Autojumble

met mcmxviximmciixvvvvvvvvvvvvxxxiv and waved to OKIstag....we must get ourselfs organised next year...maybe little cards on the cars with our boardsie names?

ps €100 spent on petrol...wont be doing that too often in future

corktina wrote: »
    met mcmxviximmciixvvvvvvvvvvvvxxxiv and waved to OKIstag....we must get ourselfs organised next year...maybe little cards on the cars with our boardsie names?

ps €100 spent on petrol...wont be doing that too often in future

There was 6 or so of the Motors regulars wandering around together, I was wearing my Urban Per4mance shirt if anybody spotted me, one of the lads was wearing a cowboy hat, I'll spare him the shame of posting a pic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Apologies for the no-show today. Typically today's the day that the starter decided to die. It's been sickly the past couple of weeks, and I'd already a replacement ordered, but that's not much use when you've the picnic basket loaded and a tow start just isn't working out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Blue850

Great show today, needs to be on 2 days.
    first car I saw was an 850 identical to mine and then I got a load of old Motoring Life magazines in the autojumble:D

DSC00307.jpg

Link to my photos from today, about 10% of what was there!

Onkle wrote: »
    There was 6 or so of the Motors regulars wandering around together, I was wearing my Urban Per4mance shirt if anybody spotted me, one of the lads was wearing a cowboy hat, I'll spare him the shame of posting a pic :D

You talking 'bout me dude? Bald head was burnin' so had to cover it up!

Met Bigus, Corktina and Okistag - I'm sure there was plenty more there but that's the way she goes.

Here's a few pics:
    http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/MCMLXXVJC/Terenure%202011/

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    You talking 'bout me dude? Bald head was burnin' so had to cover it up!

Met Bigus, Corktina and Okistag - I'm sure there was plenty more there but that's the way she goes.

Here's a few pics:
    http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/MCMLXXVJC/Terenure%202011/

Nope, one of the lads with us had it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

Bigus kept a low profile today NAMA and all that ,

Any any way in any ways( as the dubs would say) met a few friends there, never thought a VAUXHall would be worth 200,000 euro, it was in the IVCC third from the main tent, going for a spin in it on tuesday.

Apparently these used to piss all over Bentlelys in the 1930's

Good day out ,

My youngest son 14 is going to have a big interest in 1920's gangsta cars when he becomes a millionaire ( his Words )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

What a great day out. Excellent show. Of course the cars make the show, so well done to all the owners for keeping their classics going in fine fettle and putting them out there for the public to admire. Some with very thirsty engines these days.

Some gorgeous Jags and Daimlers at the show, 50 years of the E type, plenty of Lancias including that Trevi with the wonderful crazy dash. Those Merc 600s were in fine knick, a few lovely 70s Citroens. Everything and anything there, and a great atmosphere for all, to match the weather.

I can see that there could be demand for this to be a two day event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Great show again this year, never really disappoints. The only problem is viewing the bloody huge amount of cars within a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭iMac Hunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

What a day. Fantastic show. The old yellow Bus Scoile was the highlight...ah the memories! Well done to all involved. Stupidly got my neck well sun burned though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭StiophanM

I enjoyed that one...see you at Trim....

P1010025.jpg

P1010024.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P1010034.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

Great to meet the few I did only sorry it was as I left.. Cortina looking good.. best thing to do is leave the wallet home :)
    DSC01921.jpg
    DSC01938.jpg
    DSC01940.jpg
    DSC01942.jpg
    DSC01943.jpg
    TS2 A PREVIOUS OWNER OF TS2 1960 /61 REJOINED WITH HER AT TERENURE
    DSC01969.jpg
    DSC_0546.jpg
    DSC_0555.jpg
    DSC_0560.jpg
    DSC_0583.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag