Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with shoto characters with fight stick

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Anyone know of any sites with them available? Amazon's resellers wont ship to Ireland.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just got my SE. Need some time to readjust but I can see it making a huge, huge difference to my game. The shotos are definitely the hardest to adjust to though. It is nice being able to pop people out of the air with DPs again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Jim wrote: »
    Anyone know of any sites with them available? Amazon's resellers wont ship to Ireland.

Think your best bet would just be waiting til amazon get them back in themselves - that, or buy an EX2 in the meantime or something. There's not a whole lot else you can do otherwise, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Was thinking about getting an SE then upgrading it until I seen this.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How_to_fix_a_Madcatz_Arcade_Fightstick_SE_and_Why/

Did he just get a bad stick or should I still get an SE and upgrade the parts? (was thinking about getting an Octo gate and switching between the 2 to see which I prefer)

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Just received my hori ex2 off ebay. Charge characters are so much easier now, although I still need more practice. I am pretty iffy on shotos still but I am sure that will come to me in time.

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote: »

http://www.instructables.com/id/How_to_fix_a_Madcatz_Arcade_Fightstick_SE_and_Why/

Did he just get a bad stick or should I still get an SE and upgrade the parts? (was thinking about getting an Octo gate and switching between the 2 to see which I prefer)

The new batch of SEs have reportedly fixed this problem - my stick still wasn't perfect (loud squeaking sound while moving between two directions), and I switched it out, but the washer seemed glued down fine and replacing the stick seemed like a breeze judging by K.O. Kiki's handiwork. :pac:

While you still may want to switch parts out, this issue has apparently been fixed (though don't take my word as the absolute truth on this, I haven't researched it very extensively).

Overall the SE with the washer issue fixed is, imo, a very good quality stick.

randomchild: Congrats on the first stick! I'm still a little more consistent spamming out fireballs with an octo gate rather than a square, but it screws up my ability to do charge motions, personally I'm more comfortable with a square gate. Definitely try both out though, different strokes and all that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

My SE has so far put up with about 10 hours of play and I'm quite hard on sticks. No sign of anything unusual or wrong. In fact, my play is starting to improve (I'm pulling off DPs much, much tighter)

And if that's in SF4, then by next year you should be able to pull off a reversal DP in ST! :pac:

(I keed, I keed)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

I read that before I bought mine and it didn't stop me. Haven't notice anything unusual like the joystick sticking which means there should be no washer problem in mine.

I got my SE from amazon and I assume it's one from the new batch which is meant to have this problem fixed. Didn't want to pay more for the TE or wait for it to be in stock again.

You probably don't have to worry even if you got an old one with the problem if you are going to upgrade it anyway. Unless you think the upgrade might be too finicky from that blog.

Advertisement