Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealers Shafted by Pokerevents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

5starpool wrote:
    I am guessing your sarcasmometer has malfunctioned in the warm weather.

Either that or I was just assuming there was some where there was none.

I'm afraid my sarcasmometer must be on the blink as well, because I didn't think pppretard was that funny, or true for that matter.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Culchie wrote:
    I'm afraid my sarcasmometer must be on the blink as well, because I didn't think pppretard was that funny, or true for that matter.
    so you don't think Mike is a nice guy or a good TD? I am disappointed in you Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

Just want to back up what most of the dealers have being saying about PE. I dealt for them once when they started off in the Red Cow and after that said i'd never do it again.... doesn't look like their attitude has changed much and I've heard way too much about dealers not getting tourny tips or not getting their fair share.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

pppspecial does not work for paddy power poker or represent the views of the company or its employees :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

karlh wrote:
    pppspecial does not work for paddy power poker or represent the views of the company or its employees :p

He gets very verbal on the online tables when his bluffs get called too!

"A bad player cant fold that hand"
    "I should have known better"
    -Drogheda ppp qualifier-

hehe!

btw
    This is a mad thread:D !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

pppspecial wrote:
    there normal pay would be 10 an hour so 42hrs would be 420 euro+ 11.90 in tip means 21 .90 per hour this weekend. good weekends work for most. as explained it made perfect business sense to do what they did in regards dealers. unfortunate but thats business.oh and dealers tips like anyother business tips are not accounted for in day to day dealings. there normal 10 per hour would have to be. dapper u silly monkey.madsl go back to school. adodea sorry but thats just life thats why there the employers and were the employies.

IF you are such good employies, you should learn to spell properly, treat your staff with manners, a little thank you goes a long way.

5starpool wrote:
    so you don't think Mike is a nice guy or a good TD? I am disappointed in you Mick.

I think you got your lines all mixed up.

Mike is a very nice guy, a great TD and an even better player (IMO).

It was Mr 'Very Special' I was referring to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 JTheViper

pppspecial wrote:
    first things first. numbers. fintain did his best for this event working his team up and down the country running tournaments and bringing people into poker and this must not be forgotten so he has been a very busy bunny for the last 6 months. second. the charity gig was run by luke not by poker events they simply gave a hand in the running off the whole operation which again they didnt have to do. regarding tips i was talking to dealers who worked this weekend and let me tell ya thery were the only 1s who made money this weekend making a weeks wage in tips tax free in 3 days.500+. com on guys. oh i happened to be there all weekend and if u really must know fintain didnt get the numbers for the tournaments because boyles did very little promoting for the tournament it was all done by PE. think irish open run by paddy power.....nope run by the merrion club. paddy powers did get there fingers out and push there tourny so dealers if ur up set the only people to point the finger at is boyles for not getting enough work.

excellent job guys well done in what u achived again this weekend. all those pros that turned up cant be wrong to keep coming over.
    well done fintain donal stephen and the rest off the team.

I have a few things that I would like to speak about but too many to quote.

If I am wrong about you then I apologise but it sounds to me like you were a player in a few of the events? Players were treated really well for the whole event, the dealers were not at all. Fact!

Yesterday at the €300, on the food break dealers were told to stay at tables till punters had got their food. When the dealers were told you can eat now, Guess what, all hot food finished by punters and stale sambos left for the staff.

With regard to your comment about pro's coming over. I overheard a conversation from the pro's about why some had come over and there was a good turn out from them. Why? They heard that there was a bigish buyin tourney in dublin where a very good portion of the field had qualified for through live satalites and were complete fish! People qualifing for 65 - 300 euro and they could not pass up that offer!

There should have been a min call out fee. A friend of mine was sent home after 1 hr and 45 mins and they didn't even give him the €20, They had a €20 note and asked if he had €2.50. He didn't, "well you showed up a bit late, here is €15."

This event is PEs challenge to the Irish Open. Would any of this happen at the irish open?

Dealers prize: Fintan said that he would be taking €1000 out of his own pocket to have a comp for the dealers ( not too confident that this will even happen). Most helpful etc. The people who got loads of work will win this = Galway dealers who were put up in the hotel and favoured and didn't complain about being shafted. Dealers who have more responsibility because they helped bring tables down and took things to and from the vans and organised chips ect will win, not the ones who showed up and dealt the tourneys politely and courtiously and kept a smile on there face like fintan said. I will be shocked if anyone from dublin even finds out who won the prizes.

Tips as far as I am aware are worked out by no of hours worked/ total tips. Which will favour the Galway dealers again as the got the most work.

I heard the tips from the last big event or the one previous maybe were pooled and then played for in a dealer freeroll but they stopped as this was by no means fair.

Single tables were given to a good few dealers but any over €100 were not given to anyone but the very regular and senior dealers who were also not told to go home because they have more experience.

Finally, If the numbers that were expected were not achieved Then it is a problem between fintan and Boyle. He/PE/Boyle should take the hit for f***ing up and pay the dealers anyway for the amount of hours promised.

Good luck Pokerevents, Clearly you'll need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

Also some of these dealers need to brush up on the rules,e.g small blind is eliminated, player comes into the vacant seat and misses a hand???
    There was this particular dealer out in citywest and he just refused to move the button after each hand. So he would ship the pot to whoever, then shuffle the cards and then he would ask the players where the button was:)
    . This got a little bit annoying after 15 or so hands.
    Its like PE recruited any student type that can do the riffle shuffle and that was the only prerequisite.
    Most of them did a great job but there was a few eyebrows raised at the tables by some well known "pros".

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

hi rob ty. im just sick off PE getting stick when all they have done is do good for poker in ireland. mike lacey is an excellent player who i think will do well in the future both on and off the tables. his tournys ive been two every1 off them bar 1 and all i can say is excellent job.250 freezeouts. lenny im full time and have made 2 final tables this year in ranking events.irish open jan 061k entry and austrian open bregenz2k entry ive also travelled for the last 6 months playing poker full time so before u open ur trap door mate find out who your talking 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Why can't people type in english please? Enough of the text talk.

im a full time player and work for nobody bar myself in to clear up any confussion here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

pppspecial wrote:
    ohh and as for mike lacey. great guy great tourny director unfortunatly needs a few tips on how to play poker though. GJP 250 freezeouts well worth traveling for.the craic is mighty.
    Now unless there is some sort of internal joke between Mike and your self I think this was a very rude post from big headed knob who has ***ck all personality and there are plenty of much better players on this form that are humble enough not to make silly posts like this.
    Now im not saying you’re the person I described ,for all I know that post could be related to some kinda inside joke between you and Mike.

Culchie wrote:
    I think you got your lines all mixed up.

Mike is a very nice guy, a great TD and an even better player (IMO).

It was Mr 'Very Special' I was referring to.
    I give up. I never thought I could be too subtle, but obviously I am. From now on black is black and a spade is a spade. I will assume sarco detectors are all offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

handbags.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Gholimoli wrote:
    Now unless there is some sort of internal joke between Mike and your self I think this was a very rude post from big headed knob who has ***ck all personality and there are plenty of much better players on this form that are humble enough not to make silly posts like this.
    Now im not saying you’re the person I described ,for all I know that post could be related to some kinda inside joke between you and Mike.

I think 'pppspcl' was joking about Mike being a poor player.

5starpool wrote:
    I give up. I never thought I could be too subtle, but obviously I am. From now on black is black and a spade is a spade. I will assume sarco detectors are all offline.

Yeh, you're not sharpest tool in the box Dom. Hard luck.

Now where are them bloody sarco thingmajigs

;)

i have travelled with mike and have a lot off respect for him. it was said as a joke gholm between myself and mike lacey. any1 who knows him or I knows it was in jest.

JTheViper wrote:
    IDealers prize: Fintan said that he would be taking €1000 out of his own pocket to have a comp for the dealers
    If this is the case then I retract the comment I made above, as long as this wasn't from the tips pool.

Culchie wrote:
    Yeh, you're not sharpest tool in the box Dom. Hard luck.

Now where are them bloody sarco thingmajigs

;)
    bah!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

a lot of what, ifs and maybes in this thread, would be good if Fintan came on to give his side of things.
    from a playing perspective, these tourneys are excellent.
    most of the dealers i was talking to seemed to be in good form.
    would be good if someone could 100% clarify the whole tips things, in case i ever win one of these yokes, would be good to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

Kimba wrote:
    Pamela's idea of being nice, is to tell the dealers they are finished and then laugh at them. Her idea of being organised, is to order people where to go. I dont think i heard a please or thank you out of her the whole weekend.
    Is this the one with the curly hair and the low cleavage? I really wouldn't want her as my boss either.

Hawk Eye wrote:
    Is this the one with the curly hair and the low cleavage? I really wouldn't want her as my boss either.
    She sounds nice the way you describe her :D

I think I know who you are referring to though and can't say I know her more than to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

pppspecial wrote:
    lenny im full time and have made 2 final tables this year in ranking events.irish open jan 061k entry and austrian open bregenz2k entry ive also travelled for the last 6 months playing poker full time so before u open ur trap door mate find out who your talking 2.

OK, so you can play, fair enough. Nothing in any of your posts indicated that. But coming on here and posting what appeared to be an insult to a regular, and who's also known by a lot of the players here isn't a good way to introduce yourself. If it's a joke between yourself and Mike, you could always learn to use smilies. Also, text speak sucks. Very hard to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

JTheViper wrote:
    Yesterday at the €300, on the food break dealers were told to stay at tables till punters had got their food. When the dealers were told you can eat now, Guess what, all hot food finished by punters and stale sambos left for the staff.
    i wonder if anyone at PE even thought this was a tad unfair...
    JTheViper wrote:
    With regard to your comment about pro's coming over. I overheard a conversation from the pro's about why some had come over and there was a good turn out from them. Why? They heard that there was a bigish buyin tourney in dublin where a very good portion of the field had qualified for through live satalites and were complete fish! People qualifing for 65 - 300 euro and they could not pass up that offer!
    yea, this is spot on. heard this too.
    JTheViper wrote:
    There should have been a min call out fee. A friend of mine was sent home after 1 hr and 45 mins and they didn't even give him the €20, They had a €20 note and asked if he had €2.50. He didn't, "well you showed up a bit late, here is €15."
    I over heard this and was shocked... cant remember who said this but how ridiculous - if i was saying this to someone i would feel stupid....
    JTheViper wrote:
    Dealers prize: Fintan said that he would be taking €1000 out of his own pocket to have a comp for the dealers ( not too confident that this will even happen). Most helpful etc. The people who got loads of work will win this = Galway dealers who were put up in the hotel and favoured and didn't complain about being shafted. Dealers who have more responsibility because they helped bring tables down and took things to and from the vans and organised chips ect will win, not the ones who showed up and dealt the tourneys politely and courtiously and kept a smile on there face like fintan said. I will be shocked if anyone from dublin even finds out who won the prizes.
    I will be very surprised if anyone from Dublin sees a penny of this. I asked jokingly where a nomination form for best dealer was on sunday, and was told by pam that it had been decided already! :confused: with one day to go? the remaining day by the way was the only day not very well attended by Galway staff. Surely best dealer should go to dealers who acquitted themselves well infront of the players, not infront of Fintan. JTheViper, you dealt a large amount of the main event, i was called away from a SNG to deal the main event by Donal, this would suggest that they considered us to be good dealers, but i missed the first two days so pretty sure i havent a hope of getting a penny for this. As for the the tips from the main event they SHOULD be split evenly amongst each and every dealer.. they will not be, they are done on a time basis. I'm still owed tips for the Ulster Cup, as is my mate, when my mate asked about tips he was told that "all the tips from cavan have been given out and there's no money left so sorry there's nothing i can do for you" (this was followed by a "well go and f**k yourself then" and a very angry mate walking off :p ).
    JTheViper wrote:
    Finally, If the numbers that were expected were not achieved Then it is a problem between fintan and Boyle. He/PE/Boyle should take the hit for f***ing up and pay the dealers anyway for the amount of hours promised.
    Minimum call out... dealer contracts... DEALER CHARTER THINGY!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Kimba

I worked 15 hours over 3 days and received 150 euro. (No tips have been mentioned yet). I gave up my full time job to do this weekend, where i could of earned a lot more. I was approached by Stephen weeks ago and asked to do this event and was told that there would be as many hours as i wanted. The lack of numbers obviously affected this but when i worked for ppp all dealers were guaranteed 100 euro just for showing up. Twice i showed up and got sent home and twice i had to stay and deal but it was done fairly. I was still paid regardless.

Luke did run the charity event but had nothing to do with the recruitment of staff. He done this is a favour to Padraig and had nothing to do with Pokerevents themselves. He was also asked to provide dealers and brought 7 with him. These were all sent home shortly after arriving.

I have been on the poker scene in Dublin for 6 years now and have never experienced such bad management as far as the dealers go. Nothing was fair
    at all. This is not the only event i have worked for them either, but it will be the last!

As for the 1000 euro out of Fintan's own pocket for the dealers, this is the first i've heard about it.

pppspecial you must be a friend of the heirarchy to defend them the way you have. They may have done good for Poker in Ireland from a players point of view, but certainly not from the dealers. Try speaking to a few dealers who were there, who didnt get to work.

Dani

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'd say Fintan is fairly wrecked after the weekend he's had and probably night on the beer last night so I imagine he might not see this thread until tonight or tomorrow. It will be interesting to hear his response - from a player's point of view I think his tournaments are very well run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

If ppp = Dave Masters? then having played a fair bit with him recently I can assure everyone his comment re:Mike was in jest, think we need to turn on the auld sarcasometers.

I personally think PE do a good job of bringing people outside dublin into the game, the standard of dealing at their events isnt great but saying that the standard at the Irish open was attrocious. As regards treating dealers badly, I would be worried if the tips werent making it to the dealers as I have allways tipped when Ive had a cash with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Doctor Fell

ionapaul wrote:
    so I imagine he might not see this thread until tonight or tomorrow.

"Pokerevents" was logged into the poker forum for at least half an hour this morning, from about 12.40 onwards. The thread was in full swing by then, don't know how he could miss it. I'm sure coz I was waiting to see would he reply or not. I assume Pokerevents is Fintan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

ionapaul wrote:
    It will be interesting to hear his response - from a player's point of view I think his tournaments are very well run.

Interesting? I doubt it.

ALL OUR DEALERS ARE WELL PAID AND FED.

100% PRIZE POOL PAID

07-minister.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement