Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl FTA kit €99.99 25/08/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I've given up trying to get any of these Lidl dishes as usually they've only got a dozen per shop and the scene outside the shops resembles the fall of Saigon on the morning when they go on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭toonarmy

greg-h wrote:
    to see what channles you can get on fta try www.freewebs.com/satellites

there it tells you how to set up the dish etc

it doesn't say what dish size can revceive these though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Sysmod wrote:
    Does anyone have a list of what this model receives:

HERE

http://www.flysat.com/fta.php

---

You are in Gorey. You may be able to get FREEVIEW too. see the terrestrial boards
    www.freeview.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sat_Down

Help needed lads and lassies. Have the Comag and not a bad job...bit of a luddite though. Managed to rescan and get the Beeb channels back etc but when i scan on hotbird only get the beeb channels as well...any ideas hints...dont fancy moving the dish etc..as already have astra 1 2 etc..all abuse/suggestions welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kkennedy

Sat_Down wrote:
    Help needed lads and lassies. Have the Comag and not a bad job...bit of a luddite though. Managed to rescan and get the Beeb channels back etc but when i scan on hotbird only get the beeb channels as well...any ideas hints...dont fancy moving the dish etc..as already have astra 1 2 etc..all abuse/suggestions welcome

You can only receive the hotbird channels if your dish is pointing at hotbird. . You say you have astra1 and 2. Do you have two LNBs or a motorised setup?
    If 2 LNBs you have to add and extra one for hotbird 13e. if motor it must be lined up befor you scan for the channels.
    K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

Sat_Down wrote:

A case of the mountain not coming to Mohammed? :D

You'll either have to repress your urges and move the dish or else install a second LNBF with a Diseqc switch.

Thanks for the prompt replies guys but as i said being a luddite..um how come i can receive some channels on hotbird..um at the risk iof being laughed off here..surely if i can get some from hotbird i should be able to get them all..i mean if i had a choice which would be better to point to?

Oh and as im at it what about Eurosport should i be able to get that on astra or wha ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭kkennedy

Sat_Down wrote:
    Oh and as im at it what about Eurosport should i be able to get that on astra or wha ?

If you point at Astra 2 (28.8e) and choose to scan HOTBIRD from the on screen menu, you will see some channels. This is because there are some transponder frequencies that happen to match thoses on Astra2.
    Basically your dish( or LNB on a multi LNB Setup) mush be pointed at Hotbird to get Hotbird channels
    As for Eurosport you can get Eurosport Germany on Astra 1 ( 19.2e)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

taung wrote:
    Ireland (and Greece) have recently begun enforcing new EU regulations regarding recycling/disposal of electrical goods. The $99.99 price for the Lidl satellite system includes a €5 recycling/disposal fee.

You can still account the BBC's extra stream with this FTA receiver since they are also broadcast 'in the clear'....just tune in the BBCi frequencies listed on lyngsat........

The Netherlands has had a similar fee for about five years now. But maybe it's not included in the list price, I don't know.

Good to know you can tune in the extra channels without the red button. It makes the possibility of dumping my dodgybox more attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Mossy Monk wrote:
    early as there is usually queues
    Up in Roscra Lidl you can expect sleeping bags huge queues and if the last time was anything to go by, a punch up and the Gardai being called, :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Didn't someone die of a heart attack about 2 years ago in the stampede for dishes in Lidl, Cashel, or is that just a folk-myth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Its very true, not sure if it was cashel though.

waterford wasn't bad at all last time , there was a rule though only one set per person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 marksi

The store in Newtownards had loads of them the last time they sold these in May. I went in two days after the offer started and there was still at least 20 stacked up on a palatte.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

I am sure your sick of the lidi sat but does it support DiSEqC 1.2 ?

If you download the manual for the Comag SL65, which this receiver appears to be, it states that it supports Diseqc 1.0, 1.2 and Goto X (Usals).
    http://www.comag-ag.de/software/silvercrest/cmg_SL65_man_EN.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

maybe I should set up a stall outside LIDL and sell to the Q :)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

The last time they were selling them, I saw one enterprising Romanian guy handing out his telephone number to people in the queue offering to help people align the dishes for a small fee!

Zaphod wrote:
    The last time they were selling them, I saw one enterprising Romanian guy handing out his telephone number to people in the queue offering to help people align the dishes for a small fee!

Fair play to him, enterprise always good to see

• Advertisement

Just saw the thread on bargain alerts, looks like they are going fast.

i'm some prat , i thought they were being sold as separates!! only wanted the dish ...bought the whole lot anyhow [ and a nice pair of runners!!] ,there were still loads left in waterford around 9am , but are going fast all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Just back from Lidl in Midleton, co, Cork & they had 32 of them stacked on a pallet........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 spettlar

was at the Togher store in cork city this morning, they opened early as there were people queueing since 5am - crazy people ... picked one up at half 8 and they reconed they had enough to last the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

spettlar wrote:
    was at the Togher store in cork city this morning, they opened early as there were people queueing since 5am - crazy people ... picked one up at half 8 and they reconed they had enough to last the morning

Togher were out of them at 9.10am..I went in to buy the outside sockets with timer but not doing them til next bloody monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Didn't someone die of a heart attack about 2 years ago in the stampede for dishes in Lidl, Cashel, or is that just a folk-myth?

Save youselves the hassel and go to a car boot sale where members of the travelling community have large stocks of Lidl/Aldi merchandise.

No wonder there's none for the regular thursday evening shopper :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

was in lidl Leixlip at 12 and they were all sold out. I was able to get parts there before when they were sold out in blanch/blakestown, but some people seemed to have learnt this? anyone know if there is any floating about in the dublin area/ surrounding counties?

narommy wrote:
    Save youselves the hassel and go to a car boot sale where members of the travelling community have large stocks of Lidl/Aldi merchandise.

and give yourself the hassle of a receiver with no warranty should it break down. I doubt if car boot sales will take them back for re cyling at the end of their useful lives either.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

Tony wrote:
    maybe I should set up a stall outside LIDL and sell to the Q :)

Hey tony, I talked my father-in-law out of buying a lidl job today and recomended he buy a decoder/disk from someone like yourself.

What to you recomend he gets to view all the beebs and anything else free?

• Advertisement

FinoBlad wrote:
    Hey tony, I talked my father-in-law out of buying a lidl job today and recomended he buy a decoder/disk from someone like yourself.

What to you recomend he gets to view all the beebs and anything else free?

Thanks for that but unfortunately I cant get into specifics here as it might be construed as advertising which is not allowed on this forum.

Advertisement