Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League - Your Season Review - 2015/2016

Options
  • 15-05-2016 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure people will be waiting for the update to see their final rankings etc, but no harm getting this set up.

Final Overall Ranking:

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank):

Total Transfers:

Your Best Transfer(s):

Your Worst Transfer(s):

Highlight of the Season:

Lowlight of the Season:

What Have You Learned from this Season:

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I would do it but I'll make a ****e of it like I did the rest of my season!

But feck it may as well sure!

Final Overall Ranking: TBC

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 103.9

Total Transfers: 42

Your Best Transfer(s): GW8 brought KDB and Hangeland in who brought home 21 points.

Your Worst Transfer(s): pretty much every change made in gw32 wc.

Highlight of the Season: FSA league 2 form & in GW8 got 246 between the two games. Why can't every week be GW8?

Lowlight of the Season: Overall form.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Everyone else is wrong and I'm just unlucky.

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: stop being unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Final Overall Ranking: 1712

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 106.7

Total Transfers: 40

Your Best Transfer(s): GW34 4 transfers that lead to 190 points

Your Worst Transfer(s): Tadic instead of Mane this week CHRIS SMALLING

Highlight of the Season: GW34 190 points bringing me shooting up the rankings

Lowlight of the Season: Not being able to think about anything else the last few weeks. I really shouldn't care this much! Last kick of the season

What Have You Learned from this Season: Go with your gut. Talked myself out of original plans more than once and generally hasn't worked out for the best

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: Try keep up the consistency around the top 2000. Be a big ask given that I finished 148,000 2 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

jimmii wrote: »
    Highlight of the Season: FSA league 2 form & in GW8 got 246 between the two games. Why can't every week be GW8?

Typo? If not, fair dues to you!!!

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

No typo :cool:. Last season I got 241 no way did I think I would be able to top that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm sure people will be waiting for the update to see their final rankings etc, but no harm getting this set up.

Final Overall Ranking:

11k with DDG and Smalling. Will edit this on Wednesday, hopefully top 10k

Total Transfers:

Your Best Transfer(s):

Daniels, absolute hero.
    Getting Ighalo in very early was nice too.
    Siggy and Deeney deserve mentions also.

Your Worst Transfer(s):

Brought Yaya in and kept him way too long while he continued to blank.
    KDB in for dgw34 was a poor choice too.

Highlight of the Season:

Deeney's injury time double when I captained him. Absolutely incredible.

Lowlight of the Season:

Watching Sanchez explode in GW34 while not owning him.

You can gain a big advantage on even the best FPL players by watching matched between low league teams.

Beat this year's overall rank.

[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Final Overall Ranking: Top 23k

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 105m

Total Transfers: 45

Your Best Transfer(s): Delle Alli around week 7/8 or having Butland from the start

Your Worst Transfer(s): Bring in BUIB. Twice :angry:

Highlight of the Season: Going from 105k at Xmas to 21k

Lowlight of the Season: TC Lukaku for GW34

What Have You Learned from this Season: Don't pick too many new signings at the start of the season and don't be afraid to jump on the Vardy bandwagon

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: Finish inside top 10K and try get by the 1st round of the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

miscellaneous-worms-can-tin-opening_a_can_of_worms-opening-jfa2492_low_zpslfq39bj4.jpg

More to Follow.

*I might include graphs and charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

*Final Overall Ranking:*
    1.278million
    *Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank):*
    99.4million
    *Total Transfers:*

*Your Best Transfer(s):*
    PVA gwk37 or VVD around wk10 for sheer volume of points he contributed.

*Your Worst Transfer(s):*
    Ivanovic brought around gwk2 or 3 and I remained loyal for 15 more weeks which was ridicolously stupid7

*Highlight of the Season:*
    Captaining switches Martial to Sanchez for the dgw haul or else bony getting the armband with a massive score way back when aguero got injured.

*Lowlight of the Season:*
    First time checking in here and realising how ****e I was doing.

*What Have You Learned from this Season:*
    1. Fixture studying causes headaches.
    2. Fúcking form over fixtures.
    3.Check in here more.
    4. Just accept it when a move goes tits up as its happening us all.
    *Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017:*
    Improve on my overall position ( pretty broad term I know considering this years finishing posi.) I did improve each quarter Q1 2.9m Q2 2.1m
    Q3 800k Q4 110k.

Its been fun y'all. I'll be back in august until then I will drink my way through the euros :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Final Overall Ranking: 33,300 approx

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 109.7

Total Transfers: 49

Your Best Transfer(s): 4 transfers in gw 34

Your Worst Transfer(s): Bringing Lukaku back into my team in gw 31, the real mistake being treble captaining him in gw33 and keeping him for rest of the season.

Highlight of the Season: 193pts in gw34, winning 2 of my leagues.

Lowlight of the Season: Gw38, after getting things right from gw28 to 36, left slip main money league in gw38.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Will have to wait until next season to see if I've learned anything ; )
    Form over fixtures (although I've been learning that with a couple of years now and it still hasn't quite sunk in)

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: No expectations, hopefully finish higher than this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Final Overall Ranking: 31,000

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 108.2 - It was at 110.7 before I shredded my team for the wildcard in GW33

Your Best Transfer(s): Mahrez - Week 3

Your Worst Transfer(s): Any time I brought an Everton player in ( Lukaku, Robles, Barkley )

Highlight of the Season: Gw33 and shredding my team with the wildcard to bring in 178 points

Lowlight of the Season: every week after GW33 where my now shredded team was worth Sweet **** all to me.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Chips suck

Expectation : Anything inside the top 50k again would be awesome :)
    Aim : Get out of FSA Qualifying league

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Final Overall Ranking: 26,400

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 106.1

Total Transfers: 43

Your Best Transfer(s): Mahrez, week 1. Might get a badge with 'I had Mahrez in GW1'. Also, in GW 29 I sold Ozil rather than Sanchez which was a huge for the run-in - difference in score of 45 points not including captaincy. I weighed up that decision a lot, nice to see it come off.

Your Worst Transfer(s): Selling Hazard in week 19. Not because it was bad but because it took me that long to do it.

Highlight of the Season: I was unreasonably happy about Ojo getting me a few assists in the last few weeks when it felt like I was the only person in the world who had him.

Lowlight of the Season: 3 defenders' goals on the bench in the first 6 weeks when scrambling for points. Had to wait until GW29 for one to actually count.

What Have You Learned from this Season: To accept more quickly when previous year's player of the year isn't firing.

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: Top 10k? Don't mind if I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Final Overall Ranking: 63k

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 104.6 + 0.9 ITB

Total Transfers: 52

Your Best Transfer(s): Payet in his first week back from injury, or de Bruyne and Butland from the start

Your Worst Transfer(s): Choosing Firmino over Tadic in GW 35, and seeing my lead crumble in most of my leagues as a result.

Highlight of the Season: Huge score in GW34 despite making a mess of chips.

Lowlight of the Season: Far too many to pick just one. Being blinkered all season about putting TC on Aguero if he had a double gameweek, then changing my mind due to his form, was hilarious.

What Have You Learned from this Season: The chips are a hindrance and I wish they didnt bring them in

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: None, as I'm taking a year out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Final Overall Ranking: 69,359

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 105.8

Total Transfers: 43

Your Best Transfer(s): Hopping on the Mahrez and Payet trains very early was great, but bringing in Ighalo for his 4 double digit scores in 7 GWs was probably the stand out.

Your Worst Transfer(s): I'm going to cheat here a bit as its more a transfer I didn't make. One of the reasons I did so well in 2014/15 was going with Fabregas over Hazard for the first half of the season and then swapping back to Hazard at the right time. This season I went with Ozil over Sanchez, which for 30 GWs was the correct call. I had the opportunity with my WC in GW32 to go with Sanchez, but stuck with Ozil. It cost me my ML and about 45-50k in OR.

Highlight of the Season: Probably the Smalling OG which sums up my season! Finishing 2nd rather than 3rd in my ML is worth an extra €100 to me and it also helped me (possibly) avoid my worst ever OR in 8 years of playing. Others were Aguero (c) 5 goals and Payets 16 pointer in GW5 when I was struggling to keep my head above water after a disastrous start to my season.

Lowlight of the Season: GW32 WC. Absolutely destroyed my season. I was OR 32k at the time and I did it to give me the option of TC Lukaku in GW33 (luckily I didn't compound my mistake by going ahead with it!). Those that waited until GW34 to WC scored 70-80 points higher in that week alone (partially due to Sanchez admittedly)

What Have You Learned from this Season: Stick to my guns. I've always been a form over fixtures player, but my 2nd WC was based on (number of) fixtures over form. Also, don't be afraid to go with the 'explosive' player in the last few weeks. Ozil outscored Sanchez over the season, but not when it mattered most.

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: Try get back in the top 10k. In 8 years I've had a top 1k, a top 2k 2 top 10k and a top 15k finish. For the amount of time I put into this game, 70k is a poor finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Final Overall Ranking: 40k

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 106.3m

Your Best Transfer(s): Bringing in Ighalo right on time before his brace away to Newcastle (which I was at), and then riding that gravy train all the way to Christmas :D Whilst being at two more games were he got 12 and 13 point scores.

Your Worst Transfer(s): I can pinpoint it back to the start of October time. I was all set to bring Butland in as my goalkeeper when a training injury to one of my players resulted in me not bringing him in. I then had a run of injuries and suspensions so he never came in, subsequently costing me 30-40 points in the process. Bringing in Lukaku was also an awful move.

Highlight of the Season: Being at Newcastle (a), West Ham (h) and Newcastle (h) when Ighalo bagged 13, 13 and 12 points :)

Lowlight of the Season: Can pinpoint it again. The TC of Lukaku in GW33, when if not used then, it would have gone on Payet in GW37. Lost about 25 points on that one. Captaining Martial over Sanchez/Aguero in GW34, again lost 25 points on that one. So 50 points found just like that and it's frustrating that I can actually pinpoint it to that.

What Have You Learned from this Season: DGWs are not important if the players just aren't in form.

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: Top 10k finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,601 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Final Overall Ranking: 49,343

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): £103.1 + £1.3

Total Transfers: 48

Your Best Transfer(s):
    - Hard to know to be honest, nothing jumping out from early in the season at all. I bought in KDB as soon as he became available which worked out pretty well overall.
    - Getting Morgan in for the last 5 GW and PVA for the last 3 proved very lucrative also.
    - And my last minute hit to take in Valencia for GW 38 paid off….eventually 

Your Worst Transfer(s):
    - A total noob this year so lots of candidates here….special mention to my first XI which featured Benteke (C) and Lambert.
    - The DGW 33 Everton and Palace signings were also a total flop.
    - And Bony when Aguero was injured…uggghh

Highlight of the Season:
    - I captained Mahrez in GW 9 (?) but he was benched and didn’t come on……VC was Aguero so luckily got his 5 goal haul against Newcastle.
    - Spacecraft’s goal a couple of weeks back – a huge differential, actually cheered out loud in the kitchen when I heard it on the radio.
    - PVA’s goal last week – put me in a very strong position in my work league which I won by a point in the end.
    - Finishing inside the Top 50 of the Boards Free League as well was a nice bonus

Lowlight of the Season:
    - Loads of candidates here but seem to remember Stoke conceding an awful of late consolation goals which were usually damaging as I had Butland and Woolscheid.
    - Captain Firminio only returning 1 assist against Villa
    - Cheering Ighalo goals against my beloved Liverpool……the moment I realised I was an FPL addict for the first time 
    - Andy Carroll TC fail

- As mentioned above, this was my noob season so it’s been a steep learning curve all the way
    - Felt I was late to a lot of parties – always seemed to miss out on good form periods for the likes of Lukaku & Kane
    - My Liverpool loyalty (and inherent anti Man Utd bias) probably cost me at times….will have to be more cold-hearted next season.
    - (Not quite ninja edit) this is by some distance the soundest forum on Boards. Not that active anymore elsewhere tbh due to the high levels of douchebaggery on show esp. the Athletics and Soccer forums.Everyone on here seems more than willing to give advice and answer all the stupid, reptitive noob questions even though we are all technically competing against each other.

- Will hit the ground running next year (wasted about 6 or 7 GW’s this year faffing about before I discovered this forum and FFIX etc) so would hope to maybe finish Top 20k or higher
    - Wouldn’t mind getting involved in a few more competitive leagues; the work league I won only had about 5 people taking it halfways seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Final Overall Ranking: 16,647

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 103.2

Your Best Transfer(s): Probably getting Alli in at the right time, before the masses (about the only thing I got right around then) but Studge and Spacecraft in for DGW34 were a massive catalyst for what was to come.

Special mention to Andre Ayew in GW2.

Your Worst Transfer(s): Not getting Ozil or Vardy (Didn't own him at any point this season :o)

Highlight of the Season: PVA TC DGW37, Fuchs assisting Morgan for 29 points in GW32, Aguero hitting 5 and The Andros Townsend Spacecraft Experience going into orbit :cool:

Lowlight of the Season: GW1-31

What Have You Learned from this Season: I'm too stubborn for my own good (but I knew that already), that I need to prevent a midseason slump (already knew), that I usually come alive by March/April (already knew) and that you always captain PVA in DGW37 (already knew :cool:)

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: Win it!

Oh and be inside 100k before GW34.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Paully D wrote: »

Final Overall Ranking: 4068

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 106.1

Total Transfers: 47

Your Best Transfer(s): Kone gw 37

Your Worst Transfer(s): probably selling alli for bolasie gw 33 as a -4 it was a very shortsighted move. I already had the best captain option in lukaku.

Highlight of the Season: Id two weeks were my cheap defenders had unbelievable weeks. Daniels an williams got me 33 pts one gw. Then mannone, kone and pva getting me 42 pts in the everton game

Lowlight of the Season: Keeping my BB till gw 37 it cost me a lot of points hits and only got me 9 pts. The two single gws I considered using it would have got me over 20 pts.

What Have You Learned from this Season: To not keep the BB for the last few weeks of the season.

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: To finish in the top 1k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Final Overall Ranking: 3251

Final Team Value: 107.2

Total Transfers: 48

Your Best Transfer(s): Mahrez gw 1

Your Worst Transfer(s): Gomes (-4) gw 36. Conceded twice v Villa. Scored me 1, 3(dgw), 1. I think I got Pelle for a dry spell too

Highlight of the Season: (C) Sanchez for his hattrick v Lei while also having Vardy. Butland for his purple patch

Lowlight of the Season: Benching Mahrez for his hattrick. Dearg81 captaining Giroud gw 38 and pipping me in money league :P

What Have You Learned from this Season: Keep doing what I'm doing :D And that people on boards are sound although I already knew that:D

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: top 1k would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Final Overall Ranking: 44k

Final Team Value: 107.0

Total Transfers: 52

Your Best Transfer(s): bringing in Kane just before he hit his first vein of form; had him in the team ever since. Getting Alli in at the right time too. Charlie Daniels should also get a mention.

Your Worst Transfer(s): Getting Payet far too late. Never getting Vardy at the right time. Never having Leicester defensive coverage.
    In terms of actual transfers; having Rooney at the start, then having him for too long (i thought he'd be a must have for the season). I got Iwobi in at the wrong time for Firmino, and suffered. I remember transferring KDB out before a big haul too.

Highlight of the Season: Sanchez (c) in the DGW. Basically going from 700k in GW30 to 44k by the end of the season. Didn't want the season to end.

Lowlight of the Season: Everything before GW30 basically.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Don't be afraid of bandwagons, and don't be afraid to take a hit to get your team right. -4 for the right player is tiny in the grand scheme of things.

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: win the Money League in work, and get in the top 10k again. It was my first year in that money leagie, and I can't believe some of the decisions made by some of those who beat me (TC in a non-DGW, wildcarding in the final GW).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Pagliuca

Final Overall Ranking: 1,598

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 109.4

Total Transfers: 41

Your Best Transfer(s): Mahrez GW1, Daniels and Alderweireld.

Your Worst Transfer(s): Goalkeepers. Couldn't pick one to save my life. Never owned Butland.

Highlight of the Season: Probably captaining Aguero for his 5 goals. Shot me from 320k to 40k.

Lowlight of the Season: Captaing Mahrez for his penalty miss and the disaster that was the GW33 wildcard.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Leave transfers until as late as possible for the last 10 or so gameweeks.

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: Top 1k is the goal for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Final Overall Ranking 48k

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 107.7

Total Transfers: 51

Your Best Transfer(s): Got Sanchez and Aguero in before the crowd and that paid off in the end on both occasions. PVA of course. Mané worth a mention as a one week punt. Not many single standout transfers though

Your Worst Transfer(s): Too many to name. I thought Henderson was a good idea for some reason. Sakho's drug fiasco too. Coutinho who never played for me. Lukaku for the last few weeks. The less said about Bony the better. And Walcott was a disaster. I could go on but I'll leave it at that. Suffice to say there was a lot more

Highlight of the Season: 2 incredible wildcards that got me the bulk of my points. Catapulted me into the top 50k on 2 occasions. I only spent 4 weeks inside the top 50k altogether and that was down to 2 insane wildcards. 168 from dgw 34 was great. Last 6/7 weeks in general were great and saved a poor season up to then

Lowlight of the Season: The first 31 weeks excluding gws 8+9. Lukaku triple captain. Benched Alli explosions a lot more than I care to remember. Walcott captain 2 blanks in a row. I benched more points this year than any other year. Chased a lot of TV that I didn't need. As above, I could go on but I'll spare you the details

What Have You Learned from this Season: Sometimes you have to just give in and get form players, especially when they're highly owned. The likes of ighalo caused me a lot of damage, even though I was right in the end and he stopped scoring. A strong front 8 leads to tears. WC when you have to. Chips are overrated. And that the 'It's a marathon not a sprint' cliche is completely true

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: Just keep improving on my rank. 2nd season ever so I'm not too disappointed. Maybe top 20k. And, of course, get out of the FSA qualifying league. Incredibly competitive league.

Just wanna take the opportunity to thank everyone who makes this place so great. Since I've discovered it my OR is a fraction. My activity has been on and off this year at times, but I've always had a question answered and got some really top advice, in an exceptionally friendly and genuine manner. I'd still be languishing in the millions if I hadn't found here. I can only hope I've helped a few of ye lads along the way. Thanks for everything and I'll see yis next year

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Final Overall Ranking:
    105.8+4
    Total Transfers:
    Your Best Transfer(s):
    Aguero (before his 4 goals)
    Your Worst Transfer(s):
    All Everton players
    Highlight of the Season:
    Sanchez Triple Captain DGW
    Lowlight of the Season:
    2 WC used before first DGW
    Don't take apart team before DGW
    Get into top 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Worst season EVER!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Final Overall Ranking: 6191

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 106.9 (0.2 in bank)

Your Best Transfer(s): Mahrez in Gw1 and my Butland/Gomes combo that I seemed to get right the whole time of which one to play

Your Worst Transfer(s): alli & kane out for Lennon & Lukaku in gw33 (I think)

Highlight of the Season: GW8 - Having Aguero (c) for 5 goals after a lot of people were losing faith with him and DeBruyne chipping in with 15 points too & even a penalty save from Gomes as the icing on the cake - 106 points, only downside was jenkison's goal left on the bench, see below!

Lowlight of the Season: Carl Jenkison!! in gw3 when he conceded 4, then got sent off for a -3 while I had Francis & Gomez with 6 points each as other defenders on the bench, then scored 2 gw's running when I benched him (my WhatsApp group was sick of me moaning about jenkison)

What Have You Learned from this Season: Make more time to log into boards, form improved drastically after Christmas when I started logging in again more frequently (you're a knowledgeable bunch ;) )

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: win money leagues again and try push on for top 5k but happy with top 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Final Overall Ranking: 74,939

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): £107.3m

Your Best Transfer(s): Brought in Sanchez GW 31 and captained him. Danny Simpson was my best bargain buy.

Your Worst Transfer(s): Transferred KDB out GW 14, scored 16 points and I brought him straight back the next week

Highlight of the Season: GW rank of 3,348 in GW 31

Lowlight of the Season: Preparing my team for Double GW 34 only for this to happen http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99423327&postcount=908

Honourable mention goes to Everton scoring 6 and Barkley getting 2 points in GW 11.

What Have You Learned from this Season: Pick goalkeepers and defenders with easy fixtures, pick midfielders and strikers with form.

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: Finish higher than this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Final Overall Ranking: 8,102

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 107.3m

Your Best Transfer(s): Getting Butland at 4.5m, he gained me a lot of value. Also Siggy for his run from GW29-32.

Your Worst Transfer(s): Probably Ozil out for Wanyama as part of a double move in GW25. I had wanted Wanyama for the blank gameweek. He ended up getting sent off and missing the following 5 gameweeks. Ozil ran riot of course during the next few gameweeks.

Transferring Ighalo out before his sublime goalscoring run from GW13-18. Also noticed that I had Payet in my first wildcard draft but ended up getting Surman instead!

Highlight of the Season: Apart from coming from nowhere to ending up in the top 10k it has to be my 105 point mega-haul in GW29 for a gameweek rank of 847. Also my captaincy picks played a major part in my success. In the last 17 gameweeks I only had 2 captain blanks and overall my total captain points were 28% of my final points tally.

Lowlight of the Season: My awful start was the low point I think. If I had any sort of a decent start it would have made life so much easier.

What Have You Learned from this Season: That things can turn around very quickly even in the business end of the season.

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: Top 10k as always. Would love to crack the top 1k but that may be asking for too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

ShaneU wrote: »
    Your Worst Transfer(s): Transferred KDB out GW 14, scored 16 points and I brought him straight back the next week

Oh yeah that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Final Overall Ranking:

£105.9m (£101.9m and £4.0m ITB)

Total Transfers:

72 pts hit in total. 36 pts hit up to GW15. 36 pts hit from GW34 onwards :eek: to try and save my disastrous GW33 WC.

Your Best Transfer(s):
    I don't remember any particular great one. I did start very well and all my transfers up to and including my GW8 WC worked out well overall. The associated 20 pts hit was a success. Bar GW5 where I dropped Benteke & Payet for A.Ayew & Wilson and lost 22 pts in the process. But even accounting for that blooper I overall gained from them.

Your Worst Transfer(s):
    In hindsight, my season actually started to collapse when Agüero got injured GW8 after his 5 goals wondershow. Most of my 50/50 choices went wrong from that point and misfortune started to turn my bad calls into disastrous ones.

For what I remember too and despite how great it was for 1 week, I'd have been way better playing my first WC in GW3 or 4. The season is a marathon but the gains you waste are wasted whatever the timing.

Highlight of the Season:
    I could say my GW8 WC, which probably was my best ever WC return (largely and deceptively enhanced by Agüero 50 pts captain though), but in reality there was no highlight in my season. It kinda stopped in GW8 and started to become the interminable stations of the cross from that point.

Lowlight of the Season:
    Short-term: GW33 WC.
    Mid-term: GW31-38 and particularly GW33-38.
    Long-term: GW9-38.

Nothing.
    I started well. But fell back. Had to fight my way up like last year. And just when I thought I was going to make it I got stung by an incredible series of misfortune. I did do things wrong but not that wrong. So I don't think there's anything I can learn from it.

I'm afraid the new chips are going to ruin the game. And it's not just down to my own bitterness about my disastrous season. My missus did pretty well (a second top 10k finish in a row) and I can say I'm largely responsible for it. I think we kinda played the chips the same way too. So if I compare-analyse both our season I could say the chips had/have little influence. They did not make the difference in our season anyway. But, as useless as they could be, I don't like what they bring to the game, that is an added element of luck.

I hope to be wrong about the new chips ruining the game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Final Overall Ranking: 22,282

Final Team Value (Value + Money In The Bank): 106.7m

Total Transfers: 41

Your Best Transfer(s): WC GW6, went from OR 2m to under 20k within 6 GW's on the strength of it.

Your Worst Transfer(s): Getting in 3 Liverpool Players in GW34

Highlight of the Season: GW34, 172 points

Lowlight of the Season: Losing my Money League by 10 points

What Have You Learned from this Season: Nothing! :pac:

Aims and Expectations for 2016/2017: Retire from playing the game I think. After Xmas my motivation was very low for playing the game

Advertisement