Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, 10,001 posts and I'm still away!
    Perhaps it can wait til tomorrow to start anew....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    NOOOOO! KEEP IT ALIVE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

#9956 from my end dude...

A brief 'so what is it?' exchange should finish it off...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    #9956 from my end dude...

A brief 'so what is it?' exchange should finish it off...

Or a nice countdown maybe. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Might be a long shot but, any of you lads know your lightbulbs?

There's a really bright overhead light in my sitting room and the bulb just went. I just removed it and it's not like anything I've seen before. Anyone any ideas? Almost looks like a syringe!

IMG_20141221_224344105_zpsc181d82a.jpg

IMG_20141221_224413357_zpsd27cf1fb.jpg
    The white end is broken from one side of that, make sure you remove from the fitting before trying to fit a new one, looks like a 118mm 300w R7 Tungsten Halogen floodlight Bulb, it usually says the wattage on the white cap too.
    That thing must literally burn electricity, your meter must be like a fan:eek:

Agreed, looks identical to one of those outdoor halogen lamps with one of the ceramic ends broken off. As cathal says, they're killers on the aul leccy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The card games are all a load of crap so not missing much there.

OI! No they are not! :(

Two excellent champions of card beefiness (and in my collection) are:

sega-mark-iii-astro-flash.jpg

and

$(KGrHqZ,!mIFIm)m!pZ9BSQpHcTWiw~~60_35.JPG

See? Even this bloke agrees:

tumblr_n4eqbcO75C1qfxv5io1_500.gif

:)

So nerr!!! Mr. Akiradiseasearmplophead! :mad: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The white end is broken from one side of that, make sure you remove from the fitting before trying to fit a new one, looks like a 118mm 300w R7 Tungsten Halogen floodlight Bulb, it usually says the wattage on the white cap too.
    That thing must literally burn electricity, your meter must be like a fan:eek:
    Myrddin wrote: »
    Agreed, looks identical to one of those outdoor halogen lamps with one of the ceramic ends broken off. As cathal says, they're killers on the aul leccy

Cheers lads! Yeah it snapped when I was taking it out. It was set into the overhead light in the sitting room, but you can't really see what you're doing when you're removing it.

They seriously eat up that much juice? Eeek, didn't realize that. Was there when we moved into the house. Although that does make sense as the thing was insanely bright... might have to look into replacing it with something a bit more economical :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

300Watt? My new mega PC is only 400-450 Watts!

I've 12 LEDs(5.4w ea) in our sitting room which come to a total of 64watts, I'd imaging that one light probably cost you about €15/month if it was on an average of 5-6hours/day, that type of bulb would usually be used in a shop or in a garden sensor spotlight.
    You you probably make the cost of a new fitting back in the savings in electricity in the space of a couple months just replacing the whole fitting with something more economical.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So tired,
    Back from a trip to Disneyland Paris and wrecked still.
    Magical Kingdom?
    More like Backache Kingdom!
    A combination of lousy food and long queues interrupted by the occasional white knuckle ride.
    But, the children enjoyed it, now the tears and threats of physical harm are forgotten amidst a fog of sugar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Looks like a bunch of arcade cabs being dumped on Parnell Street right now.

Master of the Universe

So tired,
    Back from a trip to Disneyland Paris and wrecked still.
    Magical Kingdom?
    More like Backache Kingdom!
    A combination of lousy food and long queues interrupted by the occasional white knuckle ride.
    But, the children enjoyed it, now the tears and threats of physical harm are forgotten amidst a fog of sugar.

When I was a young lad my well off relatives booked a 5 day trip to Disneyland Paris and were going to stay in the Disneyland Hotel right beside the park. (5 star Disney opulence!)

Turned out in the end that their youngest son was just too young for the trip, so they brought me instead :eek:

The park was kept open for us high rollers for two hours after all the proles had left :pac:.

There were zero lines. You could stroll up to any ride and just step on. We went on Thunder Mountain about 4 times in a row :D

Master of the Universe

DinoRex wrote: »
    Looks like a bunch of arcade cabs being dumped on Parnell Street right now.

:eek:

Are they coming out of that arcade beside Cineworld?

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    :eek:

Are they coming out of that arcade beside Cineworld?

Looks like it. Just saw it on twitter.

B5iOTbtCUAAdxSW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I was going to call them after Christmas to see if they were getting rid of any...

I guess they were!

Master of the Universe

:eek: - follow that skip!

I did have a peak in one of their storage rooms beside the back entrance to Cineworld and it was full of crap nobody would want. Penny pushing machines etc, things like that. Might just be that gear.

Someone around able to take a look?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Man I wish I was in Dublin, I could snap a Sega Rambo arcade machine for the house for Xmas. Sauron would love that.

Just mentioned it to my cousin. Might head in there in a little bit and see what they're getting rid of. Who knows, maybe there's something worth salvaging to turn into a MAME cab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah bollox agreed to do a favour for the boss and came into work for 3 hours this morning, Id have been in town and straight up there to grab anything suitable for a MAME conversion if I wasn't stuck in Bray now :mad:

I was even going to set aside a day in January to go around Dublin asking if any of the usual places were planning on dumping anything, I honestly cant believe this! Someone please post a pic showing it was all gambling machines and other crap...

A load of pinballs

A big one but anyone got a copy of Elite, for the C64, on floppy?
    A mate just messaged to see if there might be one out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Gradius And More Coming to PS4’s Arcade Archives

Hamster has confirmed a number of new Arcade Archives titles coming from Konami, which are set to release on PlayStation 4 in Japan. Both Scramble (1981) and Mr. Goemon (1986) will be releasing on December 25, while Gradius (1985) and A Jax (1987) will be releasing in January and February,
    respectively. Gradius will include the overseas version of Nemesis (1990).

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/12/23/gradius-and-more-coming-to-ps4s-arcade-archives/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

tumblr_me3s8tuq061qa8gddo1_400.gif

Sera wrote: »
    tumblr_me3s8tuq061qa8gddo1_400.gif
    Needs more of that Pokemon Christmas episode.

Needs more of that Pokemon Christmas episode.
    Pokemon-holiday-hi-jynx-15.jpg

That time of year again...

Two more that instantly bring me back to Xmas of old. Still remember embarking on Links quest in LttP for the first time on xmas day about 16 years ago. A truly amazing experience for a back then gamer who was tired of action platformers & only really knew that genre.

And this, instantly brought back by years when I hear this. Same again, played it for the first time on xmas morning many moons ago. It didn't have the initial impact that LttP had for me, but grew on me very quickly (it was a big change from 2d to 3d back then). LttP and this are prob my two favourite games of all time now.

• Advertisement

MERRY XMAS, EVERYONE!

I was given a Vita as a gift. But of course PSN is down today so it's pretty much just a useless brick as all the games that come with it are just download codes. Isn't the future wonderful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,059 ✭✭✭Doge

I was given a Vita as a gift. But of course PSN is down today so it's pretty much just a useless brick as all the games that come with it are just download codes. Isn't the future wonderful?

Merry sh1tmas!

What happened to it this time? DDoS again?

What happened to it this time? DDoS again?
    I doubt it would be from some group of individuals, considering it's Christmas and there would be tons of brand new, fresh out of the box PS4's to hook up.

Yeah, thought that myself, but it's been down since early yesterday, hasn't it?

Is North Korea targeting new Vita owners?
    Should be only a handful of victims so ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,728 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There are reports of DDoS attacks - those LizardSquad idiots say they are anyway, Xbox Live is down too - but the sheer volume of the day that's in it doesn't help one way or the other.

As ever, remember the modern mantra: if at all possible, open up and update new technology before the day itself. It's the 'make sure there's batteries in the house!' of today, although less well known :(

I was given a Vita as a gift. But of course PSN is down today
    I topped up my account a few days ago but too lazy to use the PS3, lucky I didn't bother trying to get anything today

• Advertisement

It could just be volume of people setting up a new console that needs to be updated. Getting too many server requests is basically how a ddos attack works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,059 ✭✭✭Doge

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It could just be volume of people setting up a new console that needs to be updated. Getting too many server requests is basically how a ddos attack works.

This.

Calling it a DDOS is just the companies way of saying its out of their hands.

A classic excuse as used by the CAO site during leaving cert results.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,728 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's not the companies who are saying its a DDoS, though. Fairly confident Sony and MS keep them fairly low key when they do happen.

One way or the other, the increased festive traffic certainly isn't helping anyway.

Not sure about PSN, but XBL is a guaranteed disaster from Xmas day, to certainly early Jan. You honestly wouldn't know if this is a DDoS, or just business as usual for this time of year.

I was watching old TOTPs with my parents 78/79 Christmas ones and saw a guy with 2 saxophones, I was roaring laughing I could only think of SteveSI (can we call it duomania?)
    And now thinking of this meme http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gee-bill-how-come-your-mom-lets-you-eat-two-wieners

Maybe I've had too much sugar (not alcohol because I'm the anti-Atavan and
    giphy.gif )

Hope everyone's enjoyed their day, I know there's another thread but only saw it now and whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Sera wrote: »
    Maybe I've had too much sugar (not alcohol because I'm the anti-Atavan and
    giphy.gif )

this the stuff?

Farmer%20Homer%27s%20Sugar-485x368.png

anyway

in_before_the_lock_gif.gif

• Advertisement

this the stuff?

Farmer%20Homer%27s%20Sugar-485x368.png

anyway

in_before_the_lock_gif.gif
    enhanced-16842-1414687156-8.jpg

I WILL BE THE LAST POSTER OF THIS THREAD! HA HA HAAAAA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Bye bye Birdseye

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Last one out turn off the lights...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement