Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society Outing - Ballykisteen Golf Club 24th May 12:00PM

Options
  • 22-04-2014 11:58am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Round 4 is upon us already and we are heading back to the scene of our inaugural captains day back in 2012. Another course I am looking forward to returning to as it was in excellent condition last time we were there and from recent reports it is still maintaining the high standards we have come accustomed to!

view_to_Ballykisteen_hotel_from_golf_course.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Round 4 is upon us already and we are heading back to the scene of our inaugural captains day back in 2012. Another course I am looking forward to returning to as it was in excellent condition last time we were there and from recent reports it is still maintaining the high standards we have come accustomed to!

view_to_Ballykisteen_hotel_from_golf_course.png

nice hole that one, the 8th wasn't it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

It is.

I can make this. First Boards outing of the year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

as far as i remember isn't the 18th over water too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

as far as i remember isn't the 18th over water too?

There is a small pond about 50 yards before the 18th green alright. (Ive put many a ball in there!!)
    That's definitely the 8th though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

I know its a long was off but gonna request a spot out in first group. Have a do to get to back home in the evening.

• Advertisement

scrubber72 wrote: »
    I know its a long was off but gonna request a spot out in first group. Have a do to get to back home in the evening.

5 shot penalty for leaving early!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D
    (just cause your second in the GOTY!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

5 shot penalty for leaving early!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D
    (just cause your second in the GOTY!!!)

Couldn't cut me. I am likely to only have 4points the way i am playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Looks like an interesting course. Never played it and its a fair distance to travel but should be able to make it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Was thinking of taking the family down for the night but looks like the hotel is booked out. Not sure I fancy a 3 hour drive and then golf.

Any other decent hotels nearby?

J

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was thinking of taking the family down for the night but looks like the hotel is booked out. Not sure I fancy a 3 hour drive and then golf.

J

I've a Stag in Lahinch afterwards if you fancy it :)

• Advertisement

J

Not really J. Dundrum is probably the closest. Did you try the lodges?

BallyK what is the meaning behind this net that they have put in on the first cutting off half the fairway on the tee shot? I thought it was a bit ridiculous.

I thought the OOB left was much better solution to the problem they had. Was there people complaining about the OOB?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PARlance wrote: »
    I've a Stag in Lahinch afterwards if you fancy it :)

fancy it ? I'm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

kiers47 wrote: »
    BallyK what is the meaning behind this net that they have put in on the first cutting off half the fairway on the tee shot? I thought it was a bit ridiculous.

I thought the OOB left was much better solution to the problem they had. Was there people complaining about the OOB?

It wasn't by choice kiers47, after the legal case with the people across the road they were forced to put in the net if they wanted to have the tee box back there. If you fade the ball the whole fairway is still in play! :D In fact I've still managed to put it in the right hand rough..

Needless to say I'll be at this event.

Think its an iron off the first now BallyK?

You could be struggling to hit the green in two if you hit an iron off the first. I don't know the exact distance that the first plays these days but it's probably around 350 yards so if you hit an iron 170 or 180 off the tee you would have a similar distance for your second across the water.

You would probably be better hitting a wood or a rescue and leaving yourself 100-120 yards for your second shot.

ballyk wrote: »
    You could be struggling to hit the green in two if you hit an iron off the first. I don't know the exact distance that the first plays these days but it's probably around 350 yards so if you hit an iron 170 or 180 off the tee you would have a similar distance for your second across the water.

You would probably be better hitting a wood or a rescue and leaving yourself 100-120 yards for your second shot.

I hit a 3wood there last Saturday and had 100yds or so left albeit in the left rough.

I love the way we spend so much time thinking about our first tee shot :D

I myself, could be thinking about it for days in advance, the other 89 never get a look in :P

ballyk wrote: »

Driver it is so!! :D

I love the way we spend so much time thinking about our first tee shot :D

I myself, could be thinking about it for days in advance, the other 89 never get a look in :P
    Only 89, planning having a good round so?:P

Only 89, planning having a good round so?:P

That's 89 shots, might hit the tonne with penalties thrown in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Can't make this one unfortunately, at a wedding that day. Enjoy lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Is the pro still there? She was a pure legend!

Charlie you should prob just bring your driver and putter, you don't need any other club considering how well you hit it!!

@ballyk don't you know us boardsies hit 7 irons over 200 yards :-p

ssbob wrote: »

Charlie you should prob just bring your driver and putter, you don't need any other club considering how well you hit it!!

I'm looking forward to meeting up with the younger pro again!
    The 12 year old that was giving me swing tips at the driving range the last time we were down there.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with the younger pro again!
    The 12 year old that was giving me swing tips at the driving range the last time we were down there.

Hahaha forgot about that!! Thats why I went down to the mats below, the way some of those kids were hitting balls was amazing!

Hahaha forgot about that!! Thats why I went down to the mats below, the way some of those kids were hitting balls was amazing!

The worst thing about it was that he was dead right about my faults.
    Can't remember exactly how he left the lesson but he said something like "there's some potential there"....
    Holy god, thanks and good luck in secondary school young lad :)

She sure is. She's got another pro working with her now.

Apologies, I forgot I was talking to boardsies who are all superhuman folders and would all have no problem doing a Bubba Watson hitting 366 yard drives! :D

There's a girl who is always on the driving range, she hits it so well it would nearly make you cry ! She is an Irish international though.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tigerwood1

fixit did you book concra woods ? i have only noticed it,s on the same weekend as ballykisteen going to be a lot of driving for me:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,749 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    fixit did you book concra woods ? i have only noticed it,s on the same weekend as ballykisteen going to be a lot of driving for me:eek:

Went off and had a look at the date - I have something on that day.

What time you going Tiger ?

Will talk to lad who has organised the thing I'm going to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

That'd be the Greystones training :) We miss ya Marion :)

Advertisement