Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Partying hard and forgetting about the hard work..
    Moved into town a 40 min drive from the practice ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Fantastic round today -6 which has left him at +2 one away from the cut line.

Still a lot of players to tee off yet so maybe he could potentially make it, currently at T79 so probably unlikely as the course must be playing somewhat easy.

Over the two days that's a 14 shot swing, he'll be kicking himself if he doesn't make it on that long flight home.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Fantastic round today -6 which has left him at +2 one away from the cut line.

Still a lot of players to tee off yet so maybe he could potentially make it, currently at T79 so probably unlikely as the course must be playing somewhat easy.

Over the two days that's a 14 shot swing, he'll be kicking himself if he doesn't make it on that long flight home.

He's tied 75th right now, one shot outside the cut. 80 was unforgivable though. Worrying start to the season - I'm really disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

vienne86 wrote: »
    He's tied 75th right now, one shot outside the cut. 80 was unforgivable though. Worrying start to the season - I'm really disappointed.

Unforgivable? That's a bit harsh, isn't it? I agree that his missed cuts are worrying, but his good round today must give some hope of a return to form.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Freefall continues, down to 133, that's 57 places he's dropped this year, what the hell is going on...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Level par for today at T56. Another miss cut would be a disaster..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The beard is gone....

That may count as some good news for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Another missed cut, needs to find some form soon with the tour coming back to Europe. Imagine losing his card :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Another missed cut, needs to find some form soon with the tour coming back to Europe. Imagine losing his card :(

he would still be exempted from his win in Portugal for another year, no ?

Rikand wrote: »
    he would still be exempted from his win in Portugal for another year, no ?

Portugal was 2012 so ends this year.

• Advertisement

What needs to happen for him to lose his card, really hoping it does not come to this but curious...
    I'm hoping he will do well in the likes of the Irish Open and Dunhill where he has a good record...

slave1 wrote: »
    What needs to happen for him to lose his card, really hoping it does not come to this but curious...
    I'm hoping he will do well in the likes of the Irish Open and Dunhill where he has a good record...

Well it's early days but he's 184th in race to Dubai with only 14K in prize money. This will be his 6th miss cut in 8.

Form has really dipped since he could have won the Dunhill links.

Top 110 keep their card. Last spot in 2013 was Peter Lawrie last year with 233K.

Plenty of time yet but form worring none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

5 dropped shots in last 4 holes today. A pity. Hope his form picks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads somebody asked me - so I looked it up.

Just in case we have forgotten how serious Shane's situation is now. I'm sure he knows ??????

I've tried to look it up - how long of a tour exemption did he get for Irish Open win ?

It is now basically May. To exemplify how slow a start he has had. Of course, it is early and his potential is to win once and suddenly - (euro - euro - euro)

But
    He has earned 14,000 euro on the euro tour.

Basically he would be earning more on an average industrial wage (35 K) .

He is 184 in Race to Dubai

Gone down to 133 in OWGR

Every single Irish player on tour is ahead of him

The Ryder Cup Captain
    A rookie Kevin Phelan

Shane , don't be listening to hackers on the Internet, but someone give him a kick in the hole.
    I like Shane - I see him winning The Open Championship. Mad as that sounds.

But - I do not want to see him , on tv, a paper, the radio, bloody twitter - any bloody thing till he has a top 10 again.

Sorry - a fan hitting a wall here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shane said that he doesn't want to see you posting on here until you have a round in the red.

Euro Tour is only really starting in my eyes.
    Relax, have a pint, send a tweet, shave the beard... :)

There are a lot of worrying signs but he'll cop himself on and come up with some magic before the year is out

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Lads somebody asked me - so I looked it up.

Just in case we have forgotten how serious Shane's situation is now. I'm sure he knows ??????

I've tried to look it up - how long of a tour exemption did he get for Irish Open win ?

It is now basically May. To exemplify how slow a start he has had. Of course, it is early and his potential is to win once and suddenly - (euro - euro - euro)

But
    He has earned 14,000 euro on the euro tour.

Basically he would be earning more on an average industrial wage (35 K) .

He is 184 in Race to Dubai

Gone down to 133 in OWGR

Every single Irish player on tour is ahead of him

The Ryder Cup Captain
    A rookie Kevin Phelan

Shane , don't be listening to hackers on the Internet, but someone give him a kick in the hole.
    I like Shane - I see him winning The Open Championship. Mad as that sounds.

But - I do not want to see him , on tv, a paper, the radio, bloody twitter - any bloody thing till he has a top 10 again.

Sorry - a fan hitting a wall here.

Poor Peter Lawrie isn't on the list as he has'nt earned a cent all season...poor lad seems to have lost the ability to drive the ball, shame he seems like a very nice guy. I saw him many years ago stitch an iron to a couple of inches of the 14th hole in Westport at The close championship, think he turned pro soon after....been a fan every since although he gets very little exposure

Goldenjohn wrote: »
    Poor Peter Lawrie isn't on the list as he has'nt earned a cent all season...poor lad seems to have lost the ability to drive the ball, shame he seems like a very nice guy. I saw him many years ago stitch an iron to a couple of inches of the 14th hole in Westport at The close championship, think he turned pro soon after....been a fan every since although he gets very little exposure

He had such a struggle to keep his card, and was quite emotional about it. Yes, seems to be a really nice guy, and I really feel for him.

Yes lads - missed him , nice bloke , sad to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

PARlance wrote: »
    Shane said that he doesn't want to see you posting on here until you have a round in the red.

Euro Tour is only really starting in my eyes.
    Relax, have a pint, send a tweet, shave the beard... :)

There are a lot of worrying signs but he'll cop himself on and come up with some magic before the year is out

Yeah, have another pint Shane. That'll help.

Until end of 2011 ;)

• Advertisement

Until end of 2011 ;)

He won in Portugal 2012 .So 2014.

Don't think it will come into it. But concentrates the mind.

He won in Portugal 2012 .So 2014.

Don't think it will come into it. But concentrates the mind.

We're just about in to May now, so time to get on his bike. I think he's a lovely player, and I really hope he doesn't make a mess of things.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Is he not playing in Singapore this week?

Or does he have other priorities?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

He was playing Fota today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Ah he must be hitting Kinsale for the sevens this weekend.

I believe he has another 2 weeks off before teeing it up again, doesn't appear to be in any rush or bothered...

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Goldenjohn wrote: »

Great stuff Peter made the cut, level par round today despite only hitting 4 fairways today and 6 yesterday. Hopefully 2 more good rounds will earn him some cash and boost the confidence.(sorry for hijacking the S Lowry thread)

slave1 wrote: »
    I believe he has another 2 weeks off before teeing it up again, doesn't appear to be in any rush or bothered...

....which I, for one, find worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

vienne86 wrote: »
    ....which I, for one, find worrying.

Not really. If he goes chasing events that will put more pressure on.

Travelling to the other side of the world or playing in a smaller event in Madeira won't be of much benefit.

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Bad dip in form but still expect a few decent finishes this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

AGC wrote: »
    Not really. If he goes chasing events that will put more pressure on.

Travelling to the other side of the world or playing in a smaller event in Madeira won't be of much benefit.

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Bad dip in form but still expect a few decent finishes this season.

I'll start taking him seriously as soon as he does.

Advertisement