Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its about Time

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

3x9min miles

Progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

3x9min miles

Progress.

Good man!

Sunday 20th: 3.8m @ 8:22
    Nice short run in PP - just a small niggle near the end.

Tuesday 22nd: 16.07m (67 mins)Cycle around Stawberry beds & Park - in the dark & lashings of rain. Great fun..........seriously.

Wed 23rd: 5.84m run @ 7.56

1st niggle free run since GWAB. (or mid August)
    Felt great - pace on 1st mile was slow, but quickened up for the remainder.

No issues at all.

Will try a light run 4m run again on Friday/Sat and might do 7 on Sunday.

Now to get a new target!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Good stuff RK, be nice and patient now and you will be back in no time. Are you thinking shorter distances or planning another go at the marathon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Good to see you back RK..

• Advertisement

pconn062 wrote: »
    Are you thinking shorter distances or planning another go at the marathon?

this is indeed the question.

Unsure right now - aim is to get back to a certain level of fitness and tackle the upcoming end of season 5ks that you get around Nov/Dec.

I want to keep to a certain level of aerobic work as I found this really helped me at the back end of this year, so it'll include long runs, mlr's and some tempos or MP stuff midweek - the only downside here is that I'm not sure I'll get the volume of miles to make it count as it did previously - so I might need to supplement with some intervals.

After Christmas, I'll think about a spring Marathon - the only thing riding against one is that I really enjoyed the shorter races last year and the training that went with it.
    Sub 3 may wait til this time next year.

Might even go back to 5-Aside for a few weeks :)

Thursday 24th: Sneaky game of ball as the lads were down some players - If I didn't play= No Game.
    Felt good - no issues with the calf. And the pints afterwards were tasty.

Friday 25th: 5m recovery run in P.Park - @ 8:20

Sunday 27th: 8m run (@8:02) around Sandymount while the ickle big one was at the Dublin GAA u13 Development squad (livin' my dream :) )
    Was very blustery running this morning - warm, but blustery - tucking in must be the order of the day for DCM.

Walked around the expo for a bit looking for bargins - said hello to Blockic who was marshaling the pacer stand.
    Speaking of which - noted that the 3:30 pacers have a pink flag. Just sayin'...............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

Walked around the expo for a bit looking for bargins - said hello to Blockic who was marshaling the pacer stand.
    Speaking of which - noted that the 3:30 pacers have a pink flag. Just sayin'...............

Langer!! The red matches anyway! Not sure what colour flags the 2:58 pacers are! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Check out your park run friend's time (jf) for today. Some food for thought perhaps.... ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

what time were you in McGs Runningking? I was there about 2 but it was very busy and anyways it's very hard to start asking randomers if they're boardsies! I introduced myself to the legend who is Krusty as I recognised him from a few race pics and met the lovely Emer 911 too which was great but don't know what the rest of yiz look like. Had a nice few hours with family in there anyways. Like cianc I expected you all to look like avatars or smilies:D

• Advertisement

I was there from 1ish til about 7.

Would've been nice to put some more faces to names, pity we missed you. Should've asked KC to introduce you to more people.

There's always next year :)

RedRunner wrote: »
    Check out your park run friend's time (jf) for today. Some food for thought perhaps.... ;-)

Seen him going through, even gave him a shout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

I was there from 1ish til about 7.

Would've been nice to put some more faces to names, pity we missed you. Should've asked KC to introduce you to more people.

There's always next year :)

ah so you were right there where he and Emer were. that's a shame. Yes next year for sure:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Thanks for the shout out on Nassau St Yesterday...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

RunningKing is dead, long live AMK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

RunningKing is dead, long live AMK.
    Nooooooooooooo. Don't give in to the ageist propaganda

EDIT: Too late

Mods - is it possible to lock this account but leave it in read only mode?
    I have a new account under a new name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Mods - is it possible to lock this account but leave it in read only mode?
    I have a new account under a new name.

you really are an old fart. Go to the control panel, can find this by clicking on you username in the top right. In the control panel the last tab is "close account". If that fails try this

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=close+boards.ie+account

Sure you're a nobody until you've closed at least one boards.ie account only to come back with another ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

TRR wrote: »
    you really are an old fart. Go to the control panel, can find this by clicking on you username in the top right. In the control panel the last tab is "close account". If that fails try this

Sure you're a nobody until you've closed at least one boards.ie account only to come back with another ;)

He managed to close his first account http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=481027
    He is so old now his memory must be slipping ;)

menoscemo wrote: »
    He managed to close his first account http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=481027
    He is so old now his memory must be slipping ;)

Bloody stalker.........

• Advertisement

TRR wrote: »

Possibly a stupid question, if I close the account, can the data not be accessed anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Possibly a stupid question, if I close the account, can the data not be accessed anymore?

I can still see AK's posts!!
    No is the answer.

What data are you looking to access? Your posts will still be on the site, you wont be able to access PMs etc though I suspect.

Race reports etc

Race reports etc

Should be still on your log, sure TheRoadRunner's stuff is still there... TRR can confirm though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Boo to this....long live the RunningKing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

blockic wrote: »
    Should be still on your log, sure TheRoadRunner's stuff is still there... TRR can confirm though! :pac:

yes I can confirm that arsehole's previous log and posts are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'm so confused. Hungover and confused.

Do you think a name change is going to bring you more luck? Make you run faster?

Maybe I should move this to the rant thread

Gavlor wrote: »
    I'm so confused. Hungover and confused.

Do you think a name change is going to bring you more luck? Make you run faster?

Maybe I should move this to the rant thread

maybe you should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

maybe you should.

Runningking was more fun

Advertisement