Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Nope.

They hold it in Dublin till you make your intentions clear.

Hmm OK well I sent them an email asking them to send it to the Cork depot for me to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Last night was interesting,
    I buy plenty of things online and send must through pm but I wasn't expecting anything yesterday.
    But a message came through so I headed in last night. Low and behold after scratching my head for ten minutes I seem to have received someone else's pm item because I have the same name.
    I thought this would never happen because of the pm numbers but there you go!

I have both the real owners number and name so I'll give him a bell today to explain what happened and also pm for my money and to arrange redelivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

YbFocus wrote: »
    I buy plenty of things online and send must through pm but I wasn't expecting anything yesterday.
    But a message came through so I headed in last night. Low and behold after scratching my head for ten minutes I seem to have received someone else's pm item because I have the same name.

I have both the real owners number and name so I'll give him a bell today to explain what happened and also pm for my money and to arrange redelivery.

Was it missing the PMID? I would have expected them to go by PMID first then verify the name against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

How do you have the real owners phone number?

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Was it missing the PMID? I would have expected them to go by PMID first then verify the name against it.

Ah very good! No pmid! But his address is a good 100km from me. Still no blame for them in fairness.

• Advertisement

Ah very good! No pmid! But his address is a good 100km from me. Still no blame for them in fairness.

Surely it should've came up with 2 names for them, i think its happened before where they've contacted people.

Also, YB powered focus or am i misreading your name?

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Surely it should've came up with 2 names for them, i think its happened before where they've contacted people.

Also, YB powered focus or am i misreading your name?

Yeah well I'll give them a ring today and see what they want to do!

And yes your the first one to get that :)
    I don't have one but when I was younger always wanted one after seeing Gallagher motorsports one :)

Yeah well I'll give them a ring today and see what they want to do!

And yes your the first one to get that :)
    I don't have one but when I was younger always wanted one after seeing Gallagher motorsports one :)

Subtle is what you want ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1zcm_s_h98

Tell me you have a 205 or equivalent :)
    we're going ot here we better stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

How long does it typically take parcel motel to deliver a package? I can see online that my parcel has been "checked in" to the depot since yesterday morning, but I haven't received a text or email to pick it up yet.

• Advertisement

How long does it typically take parcel motel to deliver a package? I can see online that my parcel has been "checked in" to the depot since yesterday morning, but I haven't received a text or email to pick it up yet.

Usually the next day to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Had a very poor Customer Service experience with Parcel Motel last week. I was expecting a parcel and got a text on Friday 11th to say there was insufficient funds in my account, this turned out to be an incorrect card number.
    I rang at 8.30 am and rectified the situation and was told that parcels are scanned twice a day and my parcel would dispatch that afternoon, didn't happen. Rang Saturday morning and was told warehouse was closed but they would send a message to ensure it dispatched Monday, didn't happen. Rang Tuesday and spoke to Emma who said the parcel was on it's way, I wasn't happy and asked to speak to a supervisor so she said she would ask the Manager, Orla, to call when she arrived at 10 am, never got the call. The parcel duly arrived on Wednesday, nearly a full week after being received.
    It's bad enough having to wait for the stuff but when a member of management can't be bothered to pick up the phone to explain the situation it amounts to contemptuous treatment of the paying customer.
    I would have been one of those who sang the praises of the service when it started but this "Ryanair" attitude to CS has soured that.

It was on an original receipt with the item. When I rang to say I was returning it he was dead happy. Nightline collected it yesterday evening and it's on its way to its real home now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

It was on an original receipt with the item. When I rang to say I was returning it he was dead happy. Nightline collected it yesterday evening and it's on its way to its real home now.

He is lucky it went to an honest person like yourself! Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

bmaxi wrote: »
    Had a very poor Customer Service experience with Parcel Motel last week. I was expecting a parcel and got a text on Friday 11th to say there was insufficient funds in my account, this turned out to be an incorrect card number.
    I rang at 8.30 am and rectified the situation and was told that parcels are scanned twice a day and my parcel would dispatch that afternoon, didn't happen. Rang Saturday morning and was told warehouse was closed but they would send a message to ensure it dispatched Monday, didn't happen. Rang Tuesday and spoke to Emma who said the parcel was on it's way, I wasn't happy and asked to speak to a supervisor so she said she would ask the Manager, Orla, to call when she arrived at 10 am, never got the call. The parcel duly arrived on Wednesday, nearly a full week after being received.
    It's bad enough having to wait for the stuff but when a member of management can't be bothered to pick up the phone to explain the situation it amounts to contemptuous treatment of the paying customer.
    I would have been one of those who sang the praises of the service when it started but this "Ryanair" attitude to CS has soured that.

Moral of the story: Have enough funds in your account before you get a parcel delivered via their service.

Problem solved.

He is lucky it went to an honest person like yourself! Fair play to you.

Thanks man :) It was actually quite an expensive item but no use to me :)

It was probably printed on the parcels label.

No it wasn't, as I said it was on an internal receipt for the customer.

No it wasn't, as I said it was on an internal receipt for the customer.

I stand corrected. :)

I have to say also, even though this whole transaction was a disaster, nightline were quick to send someone around and fix the problem very quick :)

Customer service had the whole thing sorted in two minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,118 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I have to say also, even though this whole transaction was a disaster, nightline were quick to send someone around and fix the problem very quick :)

Customer service had the whole thing sorted in two minutes!
    Because they delivered an (expensive) item to the wrong customer. I think they will only re-imburse to €100 max, but still.

Fair play to you for doing the right thing, btw.

This recent customer experience was not so good though...
    bmaxi wrote: »

Not your ornery onager

I think what happened Bmaxi though was that because the funds weren't there orignally when the item arrived, the item may have been left in limbo with nowhere to put it etc.
    Now parcel motel were wrong to take so long to get things moving again but I reckon it could have been sorted at the source at the beginning :)
    They are both at fault in the long run to me, but these things happen, just like yesterday for me.
    I just hope that if something were to dissapear on me that the person would own up also!

I just hope that if something were to disappear on me that the person would own up also!
    PM me your Parcel Motel name and I will arrange to register under it and then hope for the best! Don't bother unless you regularly have expensive stuff delivered though (although the other same-name user might oblige again). I outsource all my unexpected pick-ups, and that type of quasi-deniability does not come cheap... :) Not to mention the cost of a throw-away phone for receiving the texts etc. I've probably said too much already... :)

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    PM me your Parcel Motel name and I will arrange to register under it and then hope for the best! Don't bother unless you regularly have expensive stuff delivered though (although the other same-name user might oblige again). I outsource all my unexpected pick-ups, and that type of quasi-deniability does not come cheap... :) Not to mention the cost of a throw-away phone for receiving the texts etc. I've probably said too much already... :)

All the stuff I bring through is never worth that much, always little airsoft bits and pieces! :o
    Yeah if it were ever to happen that something dissapears I can rock up to his door as I think I remember his address :cool:

Give me my **** man!! :D

All the stuff I bring through is never worth that much, always little airsoft bits and pieces! :o
    Yeah if it were ever to happen that something dissapears I can rock up to his door as I think I remember his address :cool:

Give me my **** man!! :D
    If you knew his local motel you could send him a recently-deceased horse's head in a very distinctive box then put a stake-out on the motel until Go! Go! Go!

Then
    you say "Give me my **** man!!"

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

My first parcel motel transaction, is on its way. They did take away my free credit, and i couldn't get anybody by ringing them. i emailed though, so am hoping for a successful pickup tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

OK first issue with Parcel Motel, got a text this morning saying there was a package waiting pick up for me, now from the photo it looked like an amazon box, so went down to see what it was and it turns out it wasn't for me at all. So on the screen at the lockers it shows a number to call if any issues so I rang and customer service answered. So gave them the name that was on the package and could see what had happened the guy had put his pm reference on it now it was the exact same number bar the first number (e.g. my pm number is PM123456 he had on the box PM23456) So I asked the guy would I leave it back in the locker before closing it and he said yes and they will collect it, I also asked him if i'd get credited back and he said I would I now have 3.50 on my account. I will be interested to find out if they actually collect the package, I suppose my side is done as it shows that the package was collected by me at 11.47 so doubt they can charge me again.
    The main concern is whoever stuck the parcel motel label on to the box didn't look to see that the names were different on the labels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Fair play to you. Others may not have been so honest.

I wonder how often this must happen, people getting other peoples boxes?

Well he had the same name as me so that was part of it. Also in his address he didn't include his pmid so I think this was the biggest factor.

Still though they shouldn't have assumed me and sent it on, no matter what mistake was made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is the PM rep still posting on Boards? I was wondering if there's plans for a parcel motel in the Maynooth area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement