Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping on Inis Mor

Options
  • 28-07-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, A group of my friends and I are thinking of going camping on Inis Mor in August. I have thrawled through the internet and cant find anything about campling. I would love to hear from people who have camped here and who could give us some advice on camping here. Or alternatively a cheap hostel to stay in...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a thread here about camping there. Mind it's pretty old but some info may still be valid.
    About hostel, I've stayed in Kilronan hostel and liked it, next to the American Bar so that's handy...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 araninfo

There is a campsite, more a field really. No facilities. It is operated by a David Connolly at 087 <No numbers per charter, PM user for this info>. On Inis Oírr there is a fully serviced campsite. There is also a hostel in Kilronan which is good value.
    John.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jlacey

always look at triip advisor, word of mouth etc

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

jlacey wrote: »
    always look at triip advisor, word of mouth etc

Yep but also use a pince of salt with both good AND bad reviews, as at the end of the day its only one persons opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

camspite has toilets and washandbasins, david is round a lot, passing in his jeep going in and out the road and will give you a lift in and out if you need it..i stayed in the campsite a couple of months ago...

http://www.aranisland.info/accommodation/

campsite phone no is on the page

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement