Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good weather in this country making our children extra stupid...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

The toxicity level has since declined with the prohibition raised against TD's Clare Daly and Lucinda Cretin urinating into the river.

For shame Clare & Lucinda for shame piddleing in the liffey like that ruining it for us all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Look. If this happened in most countries in the city centre the police would be there within minutes and arrest everybody for any number of offences.

It's time to stop going "era, they're grand"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Stupid, selfish carry on in this heat......

The last few days Ive seen nothing but college age young wans thinking its fine to wear nothing but a barely-there bikini and a backpack walking along the street on their way back to the Dart from Sandycove of an evening. How stupid and dangerous is that......

........to road safety!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

FatherLen wrote: »
    looks like a bit of craic.
    bumper234 wrote: »
    Is jealousy a bitter pill to swallow?
    I would rather be jumpin in there than sittin in this feckin office:mad:
    Looks like good fun to me.
    jay1988 wrote: »
    What exactly are they doing wrong? Looks like good fun to me.
    I sometimes wonder why incidents of drowning are so high in this country.

Then I read a thread like this and remember why.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Achilles wrote: »
    During lunch time?

No not really...

Get out there man, get some of that vitamin D!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090720220818/familyguy/images/3/33/Buzz_Killington.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Yeah, because twats trying their best to injure or kill themselves and possibly tie up the coast guard is something to be laughed at isn't it?

Hardy-Har-Fcuking-Har.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

So looks like it was just me then that watched the clip 3 times trying to see what the guys talking were on about. I thought they were videoing the guy in the boat or whatever it is there at the right of the video!
    Even on the 4th go when I went into youtube to watch it and put it on full screen, I was halfway through before I saw it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

How many reports of teenagers drowning in the river liffey/grand canal do you read about?

This thread is the digital version of old busy bodies twitching their net curtains and giving out about kids being kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭MrVestek

tmc86 wrote: »
    This thread is the digital version of old busy bodies twitching their net curtains and giving out about kids being kids

In my day this never would have happened. I'm 26.

Achilles wrote: »
    In my day this never would have happened. I'm 26.

Back in my day..... oh the irony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭MrVestek

tmc86 wrote: »
    Back in my day..... oh the irony

Irony. Yes, that's what I was going for. Glad you noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

How many reports of teenagers drowning in the river liffey/grand canal do you read about?

Here's just a few links - they are lots more not reported on. Where the two junkies died at Suir road there was another young man drowned a few months before.

They pulled a body out at Mespil Road in 2009 that had been missing for months.

A drunk guy fell into GCD walking from the Spar back to his apartment and was pulled out a few weeks later. Then a couple of months later a van driver cable tied his hands to the steering wheel and drove straight in.

In 2012, the day before the docklands festival one of these kids was pulled unconcious from the water in front of the Kings of Concrete place and had to be resuscitated for 40 mins by the fire brigade, he was lucky to survive, apparently he didn't know how to swim :confused:

Accidents and deaths in water happen all the time, usually involves drink and drugs and only seldom are they reported.

Dec 2007 - Teenagers drowned 'in attempt to cool off'

Dec 2011 - Grand Canal drowning near Shannonbridge

Dec 2012 - Homeless couple used drug before drowning in canal

August 2012 - Donegal fan drowns in Dublin's Royal Canal

May 2013 - Drowning victim begins journey home to Ardara this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Have jumped off bridges in the middle of foreign cities before. Hand-wringing cries that "Only in Ireland!"are bollocks. If the water is deep enough there, and it seems to be, then it's just a bit of fun. Have jumped off bridges, piers, cliffs, trees and all sorts into water and am still here. A bit of common sense, checking your environment and such and the chances of anything bad happening are pretty slim. Things happen, but it's no reason to not do things that are fun either. If it were, we'd never go sky-diving or driving or anything else much either.

Advertisement